Walton

wildthing74

Rabbitohs4 said:
Keep Walton I don't mind.
My point is people are moaning that players are not performing and we need to rotate etc.
so I thought this might be a chance to do so.
You've had a mare on this thread. Can't see anybody backing your view especially after what happened with LaCosta,Faulks etc only 18 or so months ago.

I have no problem keeping Walton!!

Just love how fans want players gone and want Lord to make changes and when a perfect chance comes along they sit back and say nothing just because Walton is injured.

You can never please Devils fans I tell you.

august04

Rabbitohs4 said:

Just love how fans want players gone and want Lord to make changes and when a perfect chance comes along they sit back and say nothing just because Walton is injured.

This is not the "perfect chance" though, can you not understand?
I'm sensing a familiar troll here.....

I understand it's not the perfect chance but when is??
I'm not trolling been a fan since 2002..
I understand our previous owner was a right t***

Forget it hey. Il stand alone here

Ocko

There haven't actually been many calls for changes though Rabbitohs.

I would say the vast majority are happy with the personnel we have. There are calls for different tactics or the way players are utilised but there aren't actually calls to change anyone.

Rabbitohs4 said:

But it's not a case of sitting back and saying nothing, it's something else, which in my book is called compassion!! for a players dreadful situation. And for the record I'm perfectly happy with the players we have and for Lord to make the decisions

drainage

James said:
According to Gazza above, yes he was. :)
Steve King also said same thing on bus to Coventry during Q & A support is there Lord needs to be sure anyone new is right fit. Money must be a consideration I would expect but def got opinion door is open if right player comes along

drainage

Rabbitohs4 said:
Keep Walton I don't mind.
My point is people are moaning that players are not performing and we need to rotate etc.
so I thought this might be a chance to do so.
Yeah kick a man when he's down genius mentality ! Some people may be moaning about something it doesn't make them right and it definitely doesn't mean we drop an injured player .......think we have more class

E.D.S.

Rabbitohs4 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. Appreciate you don't seem to have many in agreement but fair play for sticking to your guns. I do understand what you're saying.

In my opinion, you gas someone for not performing - that's fine and part of the sport - but gassing someone who got injured whilst being employed by the club and doing what he got brought in to do isn't right.
As others have said, reputation is everything in our game and we can't afford to have it tarnished by not treating players in the right way. It will massively affect our recruitment capabilities. It's almost irrespective of how well Walton has performed for us. He got injured wearing our jersey. He should be looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildthing74

E.D.S. said:
Rabbitohs4 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. Appreciate you don't seem to have many in agreement but fair play for sticking to your guns. I do understand what you're saying.

In my opinion, you gas someone for not performing - that's fine and part of the sport - but gassing someone who got injured whilst being employed by the club and doing what he got brought in to do isn't right.
As others have said, reputation is everything in our game and we can't afford to have it tarnished by not treating players in the right way. It will massively affect our recruitment capabilities. It's almost irrespective of how well Walton has performed for us. He got injured wearing our jersey. He should be looked after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good post

Devil94

Wouldn't surprise me if we do get a new player in about a month or so, a forward, obviously not at the expense of Walton. We signed Tahtinen start of February last season, and now with no spare forward, rotating a spare forward could work well at the tail end of the season. Obviously dependant on money as well.

Absolutely gutted that Wally is out for the rest of the season. A great team player and provider of big goals when we need them most. Great that he is going to stick around and support the team. Hope his rehab improves and we see him back in a Devils shirt asap.

Let's hope the team can stay healthy going into the business end of the season. We're in a great position, let's keep it rolling!!!

#18 LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I don't agree with Rabbit's original sentiments in the present circumstances, he is correct in saying that there were people calling for changes to freshen the team up. Things like players are getting well paid and if they are not performing get rid. And this while the team are doing so well. Comments along the lines of not playing 'Devils' hockey, not as exciting as last year, no physicality etc.
Now I'm not saying there were many saying this but there were, I wont be going searching for these posts but they are there.

So now can I change up the circumstances a little for the sake of a hypothetical question. Please don't just reply with 'but that's not the case etc'.
Ok, so the team that has had little success for many a year is in a strong position in the league but doesn't have the backers it presently does. We have no extra imports on the roster because of financial restrictions.
One or maybe two imports get injured in the New Year.
Do we
1) Carry these guys because they are nice guys, its the right thing to do, and it looks good for the club from future player prospects, and fall away in our title challenge.
Or
2) Say sorry guys, thanks for your help, its really appreciated, and replace him/them?

Now I would possibly expect the posters on here that know/are friendly with the players to go for answer 1, but i'd say most Devils fans (the majority of whom probably don't post on here) would go for answer 2

What are your thoughts on this???

One more thing, does anybody actually know about the insurance situation with regards to injuries?

KaneDevils

I too could see rabbits point, although in disagreement, I thought his point was interesting and I bet my bottom dollar some would agree with him/her. However, I like most, would like to see and injured player looked after. I would also prefer to see us finish 3rd and maintain a good reputation, than finish 1st and lose that reputation.

In terms of the above question I'd have to say this;

We have a great opportunity to win the league title. If resources are there, which they seem to be, and IF the right player is available, and is able to benefit the roster then it's a no brainer for me.
I personally wouldn't gas or get rid of anyone. Although a few players have disappointed and, imo, won't return next season. But, no. You don't axe an injured player who's still under contract.

Ocko

I've never spoken to a single member of this team, nor do I intend to so I have no bias to being friendly with them. However, the bigger picture is that this team is getting results. Without sounding cheesy the team is a result of each of its' individuals ability to be part of the team rather than individual ability. Whilst it may appear that certain players haven't lived up to hype or what we expected, how they fit into Lord's systems may put a completely different perspective of it from those with greater hockey minds than ours. We might think they're having a nightmare when in actual fact they've played their role exactly how Lord and Franny have directed.

For example, Salters; everyone expects him to stand in front of the net causing mayhem on the powerplay and he recently got slated for not doing so. However Lord said in an interview a few weeks ago that they were going to use him different and put him to the side of the net on the goal line, over the past few weeks he has a number of great assists through this and cut back inside creating opportunities too. But when the PP doesn't function for whatever reason the standard answer of the biggest guy hasn't been screening the NM. That wasn't his role and he might've had different instruction that we don't know or understand.

As I said we need to look at the bigger picture, the team is at the top at the moment and doing very well. I don't think we can really do any better results wise even with a change, we expect to win almost all home games, steal a few away against our conference and beat the other conference in the majority. We've done this.

jimmy snels

Thread starter #60
As someone who has been critical in the past i will say the majority of the critics have complained about lack of intensity and no aggression, meaning although we got some results we did it in a slightly less entertaining manner than we had previously. I believe this was compounded in some eyes by the fact we actually have all the tools for that job. As if by magic against the blaze we flipped the switch and played the most aggressive physical game we had done and got our reward as a team and as spectators. Salters stepped up to take on boris who was a total dick for beating down on doucet and everyone was happy and praised him for playing an all round game like we all knew he could! Lord stopped trying to play like martin and kurka was playing with different line mates that suited him. Long may that continue!
Anyhow what im getting at is fans asking for changes were probably only doing so as they thought the tactics didn't suit the players we had and a few looked poor on a few occasions. As mentioned previously though it might have been the tactics not the players fault for looking "poor" in our eyes. If they play like they did last weekend we don't need anyone to be honest. If they got back to that euro nonsense or "a tight road game" (code for not getting stuck in in my view) though i fully anticipate the calls to change something to start again! :lol: