Vother's injury

Sheincar

I spoke to him at the tent & urged him to sign for us & he just grinned. If not available would have thought he would have said so.

Now I may be bad minded but, maybe Vother was brought back to sell season tickets and may return home as his wife would like, early in the season with the job done!

TheStub

Re: Re: Vother's injury

Budgie said:
Now I may be bad minded but, maybe Vother was brought back to sell season tickets and may return home as his wife would like, early in the season with the job done!
That is synical...I like it :D

Budgie said:
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kipper

Budgie said:
Well fair play there have been some crass suggesions and posts on forums over the years but this beats them all.

What a great plan this would be.Go to the expense of bringing Vother (and his wife) over here, commit to a married couple apartment for the season, return flights etc and risk playing an import down for a while just to scam season ticket holders.Oh and just to make the scam realistic,get Vother to have an operation so he doesn't have to play but that won't matter because we sold more season tickets. :roll:

Budgie, your suggesion says a lot about you sadly

spud

phil PLT said:
Budgie said:
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kipper said:
Budgie said:
Well fair play there have been some crass suggesions and posts on forums over the years but this beats them all.

What a great plan this would be.Go to the expense of bringing Vother (and his wife) over here, commit to a married couple apartment for the season, return flights etc and risk playing an import down for a while just to scam season ticket holders.Oh and just to make the scam realistic,get Vother to have an operation so he doesn't have to play but that won't matter because we sold more season tickets. :roll:

Budgie, your suggesion says a lot about you sadly
Kip do you see why I laugh when people ask why I dont post on here?! HAHA

Hey guys I was just putting a view forward!

don't forget jokes and crazy ideas have a habit of coming true

theres no sentiment in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rempel16

So G has 3 players in mind. At what point do we start speculating as to who could be a potential replacement?

For me, I think Prpich would be the obvious one.

After that, perhaps G would be looking to keep the toughness that Voth brought, so perhaps Mike Sgroi?

And finally, I don't think Colt King has been announced as re-signing for Rush yet :D Get Pelle on the phone to him!

ASHIPP

To return to topic....

In all seriousness, how long realistically could it take for a player transfer to happen- especially as he is an 'honourary Welshman' (like Max) :D If G was targeting Prps, when might he be likely to be playing?

An earlier posts suggested that if Prps was part of the Devils' original plan, he would have been signed in the Summer. Maybe the Devils did make him an offer but he decided to hold out for another club? Sounds like he enjoyed Zagreb last season and hoped to rejoin them?

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
An earlier posts suggested that if Prps was part of the Devils' original plan, he would have been signed in the Summer. Maybe the Devils did make him an offer but he decided to hold out for another club? Sounds like he enjoyed Zagreb last season and hoped to rejoin them?
Could be - but if he signs as injury cover, that is a halfway house. He leaves himself open for offers, but proves that he is match fit.

G is right, the paperwork to get a player in takes time. Hopefully we are already in motion and will be hearing that we have signed up someone to stand in. Mike makes a good choice as he is in the area already, is training with the team and we know his pedigree.

wildthing74

Thread starter #75
He's the obvious and certailny easiest option we have with him already being here.May mean he does not need accomodation? so that should reduce the cost to sign him up.
He was very unfortunate to get gassed as I would say he was our most consistant player in his last season with us.

ASHIPP

TheStub said:
ASHIPP said:
Could be - but if he signs as injury cover, that is a halfway house. He leaves himself open for offers, but proves that he is match fit.

G is right, the paperwork to get a player in takes time. Hopefully we are already in motion and will be hearing that we have signed up someone to stand in. Mike makes a good choice as he is in the area already, is training with the team and we know his pedigree.
Stub - sorry to behave like the idiot I am, but has Prps agreed a contract with a European club...but their season starts later? Or is he still a free agent?

TheStub

Re: Re: Vother's injury

ASHIPP said:
TheStub said:
ASHIPP said:

Stub - sorry to behave like the idiot I am, but has Prps agreed a contract with a European club...but their season starts later? Or is he still a free agent?
Kipper has posted earlier in the thread that he is a free agent.

I know Kipper will disagree with me but here we go!

Voth is reportedly the highest paid player in the league, therefore if they have done a deal:

Vother out saving £££££££££££££
Prp in costing £££
Maybe Jarvis in costing ££££
Adams on the bench already paid for
saving ££££

no sentiment in business