Vother's injury

osh

wildthing74 said:
Lets get him earning his wages and get him coaching from the bench to free up G.Years ago when we had Ian Cooper injured it helped Lawless conentrate more on playing to good effect.
I reckon Brad would be a good coach and has the respect of everybody at the club.

I'm sure you mean well, however, what would you have Franny do in the meantime ? Too many cooks etc if Brad is involved, just let him encourage as he is doing.

DevilDom

At the Stars game last night and noticed that Brad's hand is still heavily bandged. Therefore the reports that he would be back on the ice this past week seem a little off the mark.

It's now 5 weeks since his injury and if he still can't hold a stick it is going to be at least another 2/3 weeks before we see him back in a competitive game. IMO the Sawyer ban left us really exposed and we were lucky that the Stars didn't resort to gooning around with their tough guys. I also heard a rumour that Sawyer injured his hand in training this week as well and he wasn't at the rink last night. It's starting to look like the decision not to get a replacement is not turning out to be the correct one. After the big effort of Saturday the team looked really tired last night too.

Finny

DevilDom said:
. It's starting to look like the decision not to get a replacement is not turning out to be the correct one. After the big effort of Saturday the team looked really tired last night too.
And yet during that time we've only lost 1 game - away to the league leaders. I noticed in the programme that Ben Davies was in the top 10 british scorers and after last night Sam Smith can't be that far off either.

Sam Smith in particular has really impressed me in these past couple of weeks, his improvement has been fantastic and I can actually see him keeping his spot when Brad does return.

DevilDom

Finny said:
DevilDom said:
. It's starting to look like the decision not to get a replacement is not turning out to be the correct one. After the big effort of Saturday the team looked really tired last night too.
And yet during that time we've only lost 1 game - away to the league leaders. I noticed in the programme that Ben Davies was in the top 10 british scorers and after last night Sam Smith can't be that far off either.

Sam Smith in particular has really impressed me in these past couple of weeks, his improvement has been fantastic and I can actually see him keeping his spot when Brad does return.
Agreed, Sam and Ben have been fantastic and i'm quite happy for either of them to be our 9th forward, however against the big boys I can't see us competing if we rely on both of them too much. Short term it's great they are getting loads of experience but we won't the league or even compete (IMO) unless we have a full contingent of imports playing most of the time.

Voth has now been out for 5 weeks and it looks like it will be at least another 2 weeks. I just hope he is back for the end of October when we have that run of 4 games in 5 days.

Additionally the fact we are playing 1 import down means that if we lose someone else to injury or a ban the rest of the team are under even more pressue. I believe this ultimately cost us at the end of the Belfast game when we are had been more than a match for them for 2 periods. Add to this the fact it is Sawyer we lost and we have no main enforcer left in the team.

ASHIPP

Koop11 said:
'Voth unlikley to be ready for Coventry games...'

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=905
Press releases in the 'Echo' have been clear that they want Brad to be completely fit and ready to return. Initially it looked like he might only be out for 6 weeks - but it's a massive ask to expect anyone to be on top form with holding a stick comfortably let alone passing/shooting in that time frame.

There is no doubt that missing two skilled power players compromised the Devils' stamina/cover against the Giants. :? I would be more concerned long-term if Vother isn't back until end of Oct. The guys have 6 games in 8 days :shock: - a massive test for any team, especially if they are missing a key player.