Vipers reporting Thornton

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
The Vipers have referred a slash from Thornton to the head of Andre Payette to the league. Having given Voth 12 games for barely anything it will be interesting to see how the league deals with this incident.

Hmm, i wonder when Belfast play the Squeelers and how good the squeelers will feel playing a Giants team without a coach

R2D2

RIP ELITE LEAGUE....

The disciplinary commitee has set a precedent and must now stick by it...

I personally don't want to see any any bans meted out that aren't warrented, but the league must now follow the letter of their own law.

the main supporter (club level) for the Brad Voth ban may now turn out to be the next victim, funny old life isn't it! sadly the main protagonists (Squeelers) will now walk away from this laughing.

are we going to have any players left in the league? - will we have any decent hockey to watch?

I wondered if it was worth approaching the IIHF about these "incidents", but it appears that the person incharge of the UK IIHF affiliation is the same person in charge of the Elite league administration. Is this not a conflict of interests, is this not like the Premiership being in control of the FA?

I also wonder if there will be free debate on the Elite League forum for this, or will that also be heavily censured? will there be lifetime bans for Vipers and Giants fans for the forum? Will Squeeler Bob goad the baying masses? Will we see threads locked or deleted?

Will the squeelers media machine announce the verdicts before the disciplinary commitee has decided, errr I mean formally anounced them?

lets all have another happy couple of days at the expense of the elite league...

First post on here,i guess Thornton will be hit with a 6 game ban and if you check Belfast's Fixtures the last game of the ban would be....... (think you might guess)

I think that R2D2 has hit the nail on the head by saying:-

"The disciplinary commitee has set a precedent and must now stick by it... "

If a sucker punch is a 6 game ban, a slash to the back of the legs is a 6 game ban - then surely a slash to the head (Thornton) or a Butt end to the face (Cornish) are worthy of an even greater ban?

Finny said:
oneill said:
Hopefully the league take into account it was Thorntons 1st incident .
And ban him more so that he learns his lesson quickly?
Good thinking. I'd agree with that.
And to think i supported the Voth and the Cardiff fans. Thats it im away to change all my signatures on the fan forums im on :) And have you's reported Cornish for his Butt end on Prpich yet or are yous going to. :?:

Skippy

oneill said:
Finny said:
oneill said:
Hopefully the league take into account it was Thorntons 1st incident .
And ban him more so that he learns his lesson quickly?
Good thinking. I'd agree with that.
And to think i supported the Voth and the Cardiff fans. Thats it im away to change all my signatures on the fan forums im on :) And have you's reported Cornish for his Butt end on Prpich yet or are yous going to. :?:
Haven't seen the footage of the Vipers Vs Belfast game as yet. Is it as some people are saying a bit of an accident and loss of stick control ?

I think G said somewhere that he would report things now as other teams are, what I do think and hope he will do differently is to do it behind closed doors with the Media circus.

Koop11

Just watched the video. Very unlike Thornton and clearly the heat of the moment but that’s pretty naughty I have to say. Regardless of recent events and the hysteria over suspension I think any player would be looking at some kind of a ban. Even in the harder days of Superleague you would serve some time for that.

Thornton is not a dirty player and as a Devils fan we have seen what a joy he is on the ice. Having said that, the swing isn’t an accident IMO looking at that video. It will be interesting though with recent events how the league will address this if it is brought to their attention. Something tells me though that this will be settled out of caught and it won’t even make the review board.

Koop11 said:
Just watched the video. Very unlike Thornton and clearly the heat of the moment but that’s pretty naughty I have to say. Regardless of recent events and the hysteria over suspension I think any player would be looking at some kind of a ban. Even in the harder days of Superleague you would serve some time for that.

Thornton is not a dirty player and as a Devils fan we have seen what a joy he is on the ice. Having said that, the swing isn’t an accident IMO looking at that video. It will be interesting though with recent events how the league will address this if it is brought to their attention. Something tells me though that this will be settled out of caught and it won’t even make the review board.
You would like to think that after recent events the League could NOT ignore this, but I won't hold my breath (especially as it's one of the 'Big Four').

R2D2

I find this whole situation very saddening and depressing... the Elite League have made a rod for their own backs and must follow their own course that they have set over the first couple of games of this season.

Is a ban for Thornton the correct thing to do? I for one do not want to see any more OTT bans, appeals, threats of a walkout or litigation.

Now all we can do is debate how we now bring down a respected member of the hockey fraternity, and we can only do that away from the mainstream of the game due to over zealous censure of the elite league forum.

Cardiff should really cite the Bison for three different incidents, but what will this achieve? we have a very good relationship with the bison, but because of the leagues' recent rulings we have to be seen using the disciplinary proceedings to keep a level playing field

should we really be dragged down to the playground tactics of other bitter organisations?

I WANT TO WATCH ICE HOCKEY AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT!

instead of talking about fine hockey, good goals, missed opportunities, we're actually wasting our time on the insane politics of the league

bear in mind that all of this was started by one jealous former owner and his media puppet.

ELITE LEAGUE please put an end to all of this and stop the the BANS, let the hockey players play hockey and please bring the sheffield steelers organisation to charge for bringing the game into disrepute.

if you don't do this now there will be fewer imports wanting to sign for the league, not wanting to be banned, these guys actually want to play hockey and entertain the masses. We are in grave danger of watering down the whole league as a product.

FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW!

mike62 said:
Koop11 said:

You would like to think that after recent events the League could NOT ignore this, but I won't hold my breath (especially as it's one of the 'Big Four').
Don't dirty my clubs name and hold it in the same breath as the Squeelers, Chav's and the Panthers. :lol: What ever happens to Thornton i as Giants fans will support him and Cheer even louder when he gets back.Im hopeing for a 3/4 game ban.

I was a big fan of thornton back in the days of him being a devil, and that hit was very unlike him. After watching it some degree of a ban is deserved, i wouldn't say 6 games, but like has been said the league has to follow through now with its previous bans so a heavy ban must be seen.
It is sad how the politics have taken over the discussion of the greatness of the game :( but it just shows how far this has gone.

R2D2 said:
ELITE LEAGUE please put an end to all of this and stop the the BANS, let the hockey players play hockey and please bring the sheffield steelers organisation to charge for bringing the game into disrepute.

if you don't do this now there will be fewer imports wanting to sign for the league, not wanting to be banned, these guys actually want to play hockey and entertain the masses. We are in grave danger of watering down the whole league as a product.

FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW!
Just Ban Bob and his squeelers