Tylor banned for 5 games!!!!

Koop11

More importantly, Tylor is currently missing the Sheffield double header. I’d take a down grade to 3 games. The Belfast CC semi final 2nd leg is all but over.

wildthing74

Thread starter #22
DevilDom said:
James said:
It depends if your owner has annoyed the league recently I think
I think you hit the nail on the head there. A complete lack of consistency again shown by the league.
Got to love the irony of this.Ragan speaks out as Sheffield owner and crosses swords with Convery and the league go and penalise us with a higher penalty than previous offences and possibly giving the Steelers even more advantage.What a crock.

Gerad was quoted after the last Sheffield incident saying something about not appealing incidents as we play our hockey on the ice not off. Perhaps we need to bitch to the league at every opportunity too.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this with my devils goggles on but Sawyer gets 2 games for a suckerpunch Michel gets 5. IF Tylor would have got 2 he would have just missed the Scottish weekend, 5 makes him miss the Scottish weekend, BELFAST midweek in the CC second leg and the cruicial Steelers double header.......

I bet if we appeal it will be "downgraded" to 3 so he still misses the Belfast game.

Gutted and peed off........ Lets hope Sheffield are deducted 10 points, IMO it's our only chance.....

dave

wildthing74 said:
zoesdevil said:
Didn't Sawyer get a 2 game ban for a huge Sucker punch on Silverthorne which nearly put him over plexi??
He hit one of their D men who I believe was one of their supposed tough guys,maybe Sladok?

It was Kriss Grundmanis that Sawyer caught.

5 games seems way OTT

I Take Belfast asked for a review or the Referee assesed the match penalty after the game???

wildthing74

Thread starter #25
I'd happily take him missing the Belfast game.The 2 Steelers games are much bigger.No way can the league justify this compared to the Campbell incident v Vipers.That was way worse and was his 3rd ban of the season(I think).Tylor has no previous which makes it even more laughable.

This is a blatent attempt to get Ragan to do as he is told. 5 matches is unprecedented.

But, at the end of the day, the fault has to lie with Tylor for what was a blatant suckerpunch.

Once again, it infuriates me that whoever writes the twitter for Steelers hockey (Simms? Sullivan?) leaked the information first - calling it good news for the Steelers. The league is a joke, it is ridiculous!

3 games I can live with - 5 is ridiculous.

Let's be clear here. I don't think anyone is denying the fact it wasn't a great thing to do, but come on 5 games when other "suckerpunches" are deemed to only be worth 2? IMO it's because we play Belfast in 3 so 2 won't be worth it.....

Consistency my backside. Just let Belfast and Nottingham get on with the CC......

The only solution I can see with this mess is to maybe put Weller up front on the 1st or 2nd line and have the D double up on their shifts.

I dont see the league downgrading it at all. Perfect timing for the big push for the league title.

ASHIPP

Devil_Bluebird said:
Devils thinking of appealing according to official site.
Damn right they should. Gutted and angry with this nonesense - 5 game ban seems excessive in the light of similar incidents involving other league players this season. :evil: Convenient for Steelers and Giants. :eek:
Let's just hope that the Hockey Gods are on the Deveils' side and common sense prevails.

If it's not downgraded, then a change in game plan for G to ponder....and perhaps time to call up one or two young British re-inforcements to give our guys some shift rests?

I think we're underestimating Braehead with all this "I'll take 3 games" talk. I know what people mean that's it's vital he's back for the Steelers games, but I thought Braehead would be a close one anyway, without having Tyler missing :(

James said:
Finny said:
I thought a sucker-punch was 2 games?
It depends if your owner has annoyed the league recently I think
Its not fair for Paul Ragan to fight the league on his own, I think its time for a big CONVERY/FRENCH OUT protest at their showpiece play off finals, there is enough of us going and probably a lot of support from other fans if not their owners

Fubar

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Its not fair for Paul Ragan to fight the league on his own, I think its time for a big CONVERY/FRENCH OUT protest at their showpiece play off finals, there is enough of us going and probably a lot of support from other fans if not their owners

Now there's an idea!! But is it us that only get affected by these 2 muppets. I cant recall nottingham or belfast or even the steelers being on the wrong side of a disciplinery

DevilDom

I've emailed Andy French and been promised a full explanation as to why Tylor's ban is 5 matches compared to the 2 match bans handed out for similar incidents after a meeting he is attending this afternoon. I'll post the response on here.

Fubar said:

Now there's an idea!! But is it us that only get affected by these 2 muppets. I cant recall nottingham or belfast or even the steelers being on the wrong side of a disciplinery

Pure comedy gold :lol:

Fubar said:

RIght that seconded, lets get making the banners and planning some good chants !!!!!!!!!

DevilDom said:
I've emailed Andy French and been promised a full explanation as to why Tylor's ban is 5 matches compared to the 2 match bans handed out for similar incidents after a meeting he is attending this afternoon. I'll post the response on here.

Because obviously the Giants are giving him a sweetner :roll:

Maybe its for a sucker punch and continuing to batter someone who dosent want to fight and couldnt defend themself :!:

DevilDom said:
Dont hold your breath as it will take him a long time to work out a plausible explanation and there will be so much bull in the air you won t get a good breath

zoesdevil

jester said:
DevilDom said:

Because obviously the Giants are giving him a sweetner :roll:

Maybe its for a sucker punch and continuing to batter someone who dosent want to fight and couldnt defend themself :!:
A lot like Derek Cambell for Squeelers vs Vipers and he got a 3 game ban for this plus it was his 3rd ban of season and this is only Tylors first!!