Tylor banned for 5 games!!!!

DevilDom

jester said:
DevilDom said:
I've emailed Andy French and been promised a full explanation as to why Tylor's ban is 5 matches compared to the 2 match bans handed out for similar incidents after a meeting he is attending this afternoon. I'll post the response on here.

Because obviously the Giants are giving him a sweetner :roll:

Maybe its for a sucker punch and continuing to batter someone who dosent want to fight and couldnt defend themself :!:
I'm not disputing it was a suckerpunch. The tariff set by the leagues precedent for this offensive is a 2 game ban. Continuing to batter someone who doesn't want to fight though? Welch tries to throw a couple of punches but is completely overpowered by Tylor. If he didn't want to fight he should have gone to the ice.

I guess it shows how desperate your team is when they go to the league seeking penalties for opposition players. You've blown the league with probably the biggest budget of all teams and now you need the CC as some sort of compensation.

Beyond a joke and anyone that claims this is a justified ban and not a plan by the league to prevent the devils being full strength against belfast and sheffield are being plain naive.
Im fed up of this ridiculous sucker punch rule myself, it was stupid when it was brought in on voth and its been stupid ever since.
At the rate things are going, the only fights that will occur are the stupid pantomime fights at face off where both players agree to fight before anything even happens.
Yes Tylor mugged him, it was stupid, but a heat of the moment thing that happens from time to time. To try and justify it being 5 games is impossible, there needs to be BIG changes in this league if it wants a future.

Rempel16

jester said:
DevilDom said:
I've emailed Andy French and been promised a full explanation as to why Tylor's ban is 5 matches compared to the 2 match bans handed out for similar incidents after a meeting he is attending this afternoon. I'll post the response on here.

Because obviously the Giants are giving him a sweetner :roll:

Maybe its for a sucker punch and continuing to batter someone who dosent want to fight and couldnt defend themself :!:
Did Bellamy not do that to Walton in the last Panthers Giants game?

he was only practising what he is currently learning as he has a charity boxing match coming up shortly.

in my opinion it was a 2 game ban. It was instigating a fight because that is exactly what he did. Instigated a fight. I dont believe all this sucker punch.

andydevils said:
he was only practising what he is currently learning as he has a charity boxing match coming up shortly.

in my opinion it was a 2 game ban. It was instigating a fight because that is exactly what he did. Instigated a fight. I dont believe all this sucker punch.
This sucker punch junk was instigated by Bob Phillips when he tried to justify fining Brad Voth £500 for the Dagenais incident, all of this rubbish just to save Bob a monkey. Now Bob has gone can the league not get rid of some of the totally stupid input that he had in to the disciplinary policy of the EIHL

osh

This is something I feared may have happened but thought it may have been overlooked. I think what they have looked at is the first sucker punch ( and it was ) but not only that, Tylor then threw another sucker punch which is plain to see and then instigated the fight when their guy clearly didn't want any part of it (clever ?) So while I think 5 games is too much, we will see what happens on appeal.
nmase 20, you say it was a heat of the moment thing ( I don't think so, he was waiting for an opportunity to get at Welch and got it wrong this time I think), either way its still 2 sucker punches !!
Devildom, the guy just did not want to fight its clear to see otherwise he would have done so after the first sucker punch, why should he drop to the ice ?? He then got hit by another sucker punch and then only after Tylor continued to hit him did he react as anyone would, I can't see too much wrong in his actions tbh. Lets be fair here, if it were the other way around, we as a club would be doing the same thing. maybe the 5 game ban is for the 2 sucker punches and continuing to instigate etc.

osh said:
This is something I feared may have happened but thought it may have been overlooked. I think what they have looked at is the first sucker punch ( and it was ) but not only that, Tylor then threw another sucker punch which is plain to see and then instigated the fight when their guy clearly didn't want any part of it (clever ?) So while I think 5 games is too much, we will see what happens on appeal.
nmase 20, you say it was a heat of the moment thing ( I don't think so, he was waiting for an opportunity to get at Welch and got it wrong this time I think), either way its still 2 sucker punches !!
Devildom, the guy just did not want to fight its clear to see otherwise he would have done so after the first sucker punch, why should he drop to the ice ?? He then got hit by another sucker punch and then only after Tylor continued to hit him did he react as anyone would, I can't see too much wrong in his actions tbh. Lets be fair here, if it were the other way around, we as a club would be doing the same thing. maybe the 5 game ban is for the 2 sucker punches and continuing to instigate etc.
Sorry OSH but the instigator penalty was dealt with by the ref on the night and already served by Tylor in the box, that really shouldn t come in to any tariff

osh

Jody, you could very well be right, but they've obviously done it for something and my guess is the 2 (not 1) sucker punches, will be interesting to see what AF has to say about it and what the club do eh ?

James

Administrator
osh said:
Jody, you could very well be right, but they've obviously done it for something and my guess is the 2 (not 1) sucker punches, will be interesting to see what AF has to say about it and what the club do eh ?
Don't give Mr French ideas :lol:

DevilDom

osh said:
Osh I agree he didn't want to fight but tylor made him - that's why he got the instigator penalty. Welch did try to throw a couple pretty early on put Tylor got on top and he just folded over. It was the assertion that Tylor had continued to batter him when he didn't want to fight that I disagreed with. Once Welch folds over Tylor doesn't throw anymore punches and it was all over very quickly. I agree with the ban for the suckerpunch which should be 2 games but no more.

osh said:
This is something I feared may have happened but thought it may have been overlooked. I think what they have looked at is the first sucker punch ( and it was ) but not only that, Tylor then threw another sucker punch which is plain to see.
Surely by definition of 'sucker punch' it is unlikely that there is a second one as once you have been hit once you know there is someone there and in a physical hard hitting thrilling sport you need to be aware that you could get hit

Finny

What's the definition of a suckerpunch?

If it's a punch you weren't expecting, surely you can't have more than 1 punch in the incident? If someone punches me I might be surprised the first time but I'd be fairly confident of another punch coming too.

Ocko

This suckerpunch is a stupid made up penalty! This is hockey these things happen, all it was was a bit of a shove in the face.... jeeez Shannon would never have played more than one game a month if this stupid sucker punch rule was in, in his day! Why are we trying to make hockey pink and fluffy? With this 'sucker punch' ruling coming in all the time we'll see payers diving and holding their face ala kissball style in no time!

Andy French, Dan Welch and Doug Christianson need to man up!

Ocko said:
Andy French, Dan Welch and Doug Christianson need to man up!
Nice of them to give the Devils some added incentive to beat the Giants now though. I think most fans thought 4-0 down was a bit too much to come back from, but this has to give the guys a massive boost to smash the Giants all over the ice, and knock them out of the Cup. :twisted:

Watch the video and about 2.20 in there appears to be a very cheap shot (on Finnerty I think) behind the Giants goal - I am assuming nothing was called on that incident??? Looks like for the rest of this season we are not only risking being a man down for a few games but playing against the refs, linos and Elite league executive committee. Grrrrrr :evil:

Hope we can do our talking on the ice, clean, fair and opening the can of 'whupass'.... :twisted:

Koop11 said:
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=346076

The 1:25 mark at the attached Youtube clip is where I assume Tylor gets his 'sucker punch' suspension. I actually agree that Tylor mugs him and deserves something but when you think of the 'sucker punches' this league has seen and he gets 5 games you do have to question, once again, the league's disciplinary committee.

Perhaps we need to play this game of "off ice hockey" that G says we don't play as we play ours on the ice........

We are by no means angels, but we have a lot done to us which I'm sure if we whinged to the league about would get bans.

If you can't beat em..........

Perhaps he should of bit him instead would of been less of a ban!. :lol:

What a joke this league is, every time the sport in this country takes three steps forward the CLOWNS in Elite HQ makes sure it takes ten back :evil: