Tylor banned for 5 games!!!!

Ger-Devils

ASHIPP said:
Ger-Devils said:
I may get my head bitten off for this but do you believe everything TP writes in that paper?

From being a city fan- we know how much drivel he writes and all non stories)made up) surely the club appeal it with such a tough few weeks ahead of us?
I don't know about that but I DO despair at times with some of the inaccuracies in the articles covering the Devils. For example, today's 'Echo' article is all about Tylor....with Jon's photo labelled as 'Tylor Michel'. :roll:
The day before, 75% of the ice hockey article in the paper was about Sheffield and Muskatovs. Eh? Extra publicity for the Steelers - thought 'the Echo' was official sponsor for the Cardiff Devils?
I agree, his stories may work but some info/photos etc don't match and it baffles me to be honest how someone who has all the info in front of him. Don't think they have proof readers there to be honest.

Regards his city stories and team line-ups etc- way off and quoted people who actually hadn't said things. Also teams were way off.

I'm not having a pop at the guy himself as he maybe a decent bloke but the whole mediawales are a joke

dave

Ger-Devils said:
chris592 said:
Hmm wasnt aware of that, I thought you could ask for a review after a game, although the league would charge the team for it. So if thats the case then why didnt the Devils request a review of it?
Not sure how accurate my post was but maybe Dave can clarify for us
My Understanding is that the club asking for a review needs to inform the referee before he leaves.

The ref then will watch the incident on the game dvd/video that he has been giving by the club and then clips the incident with his and if required the other officials report and send it to the league the next morning..

If a match penalty has been called on the play the ref will do this automatically.

Chris

Administrator
I agree, his stories may work but some info/photos etc don't match and it baffles me to be honest how someone who has all the info in front of him. Don't think they have proof readers there to be honest.

Regards his city stories and team line-ups etc- way off and quoted people who actually hadn't said things. Also teams were way off.

I'm not having a pop at the guy himself as he maybe a decent bloke but the whole mediawales are a joke
Now he seems to have stopped copying things word for word from either Skippys game previews, or from MNL, there seem to be a number of errors creeping in...

How bizarre...

Chris.

Ger-Devils

Chris said:

Now he seems to have stopped copying things word for word from either Skippys game previews, or from MNL, there seem to be a number of errors creeping in...

How bizarre...

Chris.
Haha don't get me started now. Remember cup game in Dundonald last year with his blog updates and he was at the game but he didn't know the goal info so I copied and pasted it off here? Haha!

Finny

chris592 said:
First of all 6 rows from the front was a very good view of it, a million times better than the clip on UTV website, which pretty much misses it.
But the point is you where on the same side of the rink as the check. Therefore unless you can see through the boards you have no idea where on Birbraer's check he connected. Was it on the hip or nearer the knee? I guess the best places people to judge are those who wanted to give Welch a good beating.

The check was perfectly timed.. The only reason the Devils players were cross was because Max got hurt.. But he was not hurt bad enough to put him out of the game and the Devils bad discipline cost them the game.. Finnerty should of been thrown out for constant high sticking behind the play, and thats the reason Gleed rammed him into the boards at the end..

Michel was silly to do what he did as he could see Welch was not looking a fight so probable should of gave him a glove shot or two and got a roughing pen instead of dropping the gloves and throwing punches at Welch from behind.., but 5 games was too many.. 2/3 at most going by other suspensions this season.. Saying that Shanker was heavily punished for attempting to jump the Panthers net-minder, as was Myers for his incident....

oneill said:
The check was perfectly timed.. The only reason the Devils players were cross was because Max got hurt.. But he was not hurt bad enough to put him out of the game and the Devils bad discipline cost them the game.. Finnerty should of been thrown out for constant high sticking behind the play, and thats the reason Gleed rammed him into the boards at the end..

Michel was silly to do what he did as he could see Welch was not looking a fight so probable should of gave him a glove shot or two and got a roughing pen instead of dropping the gloves and throwing punches at Welch from behind.., but 5 games was too many.. 2/3 at most going by other suspensions this season.. Saying that Shanker was heavily punished for attempting to jump the Panthers net-minder, as was Myers for his incident....
Finnerty also gave Murphy a shove on the back of the head, loved that gleed flattened him right after that.

zoesdevil

DevilDom said:
I've had a reply from Andy French - make of it as you see but seems like a little poetic licence has been applied to me:

Hi Dominic

Sorry for the delay, I have been in a meeting all day and just on my way back.

Thank you for your email.

On previous occasions penalties that have been given to the players on the night by the referee have been a Match penalty, the Elite League tariffs set down by the league state that if a player receives a match penalty on the night this penalty is not able to be appealed. With regards to previous penalties Sawyer who received a Match penalty for Sucker punch was suspended for 3 games.

With regards to Mr Michel, on the night he received a 5 minute fighting, a 2+10 for instigator and a 2 minute roughing penalty.

At the end of the game a request for supplementary discipline was requested by Belfast Giants. This request was carried out and the consequences were that he was assessed the following:
his 5 minute fighting penalty was up graded to a 5+game misconduct for Roughing and he was also awarded a Match penalty for a sucker punch.
The minimum tariff for this penalty is a 5 game suspension which again are rules set by the league (all teams) but this is appealable.

I hope this explains everything

Regards
Andy French
Elite League

I just had this email reply from him aswell, ring any bells!!

Dear Carl
Sorry for the delay in replying to your email, I have been on the road in various meetings

On previous penalties that have been given the players have received a match penalty awarded on the night by the referee, the Elite League tariffs set down by the league state that if a player receives a match penalty on the night this penalty is not able to be appealed. With regards to previous penalties Sawyer who received a Match penalty for Sucker punch was suspended for 3 games.

With regards to Mr Michel, on the night he received a 5 minute fighting, a 2+10 for instigator and a 2 minute roughing penalty.
At the end of the game a request for supplementary discipline was requested by Belfast Giants. This request was carried out and the consequences were that he was assessed the following:
his 5 minute fighting penalty was up graded to a 5+game misconduct for Roughing and he was also awarded a Match penalty for a sucker punch.
The minimum tariff for this penalty is a 5 game suspension which again are rules set by the league (all teams) but this is appealable.

I hope this explains everything

Regards
Andy French
Elite League

Gazza272

zoesdevil said:
Tylor now banned for tonights game vs Panthers due to the accumulation rule!! Utter ********!!!

mmmm Accumulation of what? How much does a 5 game ban count towards an accumulation? I mean take Brad Cruickshank for instance. He's had abotu a million game misconducts but I cant remember him getting a ban for an accumulation of penalties?

In response to the comments made by Ger Devils and Chris on this thread in relation to Media Wales/Terry Phillips.

Terry is more than happy to discuss any views you may have and would appreciate some back up to the claims that he has copied work.

He can be contacted on 07770641368 or at Terry.Phillips@mediawales.co.uk

Are you brave enough?

wildthing74

Thread starter #132
phillipsci said:
In response to the comments made by Ger Devils and Chris on this thread in relation to Media Wales/Terry Phillips.

Terry is more than happy to discuss any views you may have and would appreciate some back up to the claims that he has copied work.

He can be contacted on 07770641368 or at Terry.Phillips@mediawales.co.uk

Are you brave enough?
What kind of post is that?People on a forum are entitled to have have an opinion.I trust by your username there is a family connection?The "are you brave enough" is out of order if you ask me and not sure what you are looking to achieve.Why not just PM the guys concerned?