Two imports due to be announced this week

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports...-aiming-for-glory-next-season-91466-26287697/

Today's article suggests that two imports are going to be announced this week. Presumably they are going to be on uni deals. Unless, one is to announce the re-signing of Tylor!!!!

So let the guessing begin....

Trying to think logically, Rapid City are on the verge of finishing the season, taking part in the final of the CHL playoffs, so could we be waiting until this is over before announcing Jon Pelle? He's a Harvard graduate also i believe so he would fit in to the uni deal.

My far out guess with the same Rapid City logic would be Colt King.

If either player is a d-man i haven't a clue but anyone out of Aaron Schneekloth, Chris Macallister, Scott Kalinchuk, Steve Makway, Mike Burgoyne or Peter Metcalfe would be fine by me!

ASHIPP

What about Stuart Macrae? He could bring Neil Smith from Amarillo Gorillas with him. Now that guy is also a fairly big solid dman. :cool:

Anyone think that the 2 import signings with be new players on the uni deal......Tylor to be announced later on? :?

HC42

Yes I agree the most likely next 2 signings are the Uni Deals, if Tyler has been signed, that one to be released later on and I'm also not ruling out the Macrae signing being us. Hopefully we will see soon.

Finny

Is it true that Sidney Crosby is still involved in the post season?
I've been told he is pretty good, but I don't really watch much hockey outside the EIHL.

Finny

In all seriousness for a moment, which leagues are the playoffs still going on?

AHL?
ECHL?
CHL?
IHL?
UHL?
ENL?
Most European leagues?

ASHIPP

All comparable N American Leagues and some of the European Leagues are midway or in final stages of playoffs.

On that basis, there are certainly some very strong contenders for our two new imports amongst those teams! Infact, several of those names have been mentioned on the Inferno recently! :cool:
This is going to be exciting.

Wouldn't hold our breath for Colt King as a Devils' signing this Summer, though. He has already tasted success at AHL level with Rochester this season so is it likely he's going to give up that chance? :?
And Peter Campbell has already renewed his contract with his Italian team for next year. :(

Russky

Finny said:
AHL?
ECHL?
CHL?
IHL?
UHL?
ENL?
/quote]

I know its sending this thread down a short tangent, but Finny, how would you rate the above in terms of prestige, difficulty and where would the UK Elite League rate?

Gazza272

Russky said:
Finny said:
AHL?
ECHL?
CHL?
IHL?
UHL?
ENL?
/quote]

I know its sending this thread down a short tangent, but Finny, how would you rate the above in terms of prestige, difficulty and where would the UK Elite League rate?
Not Finny obviously but i will help out.

General consensus is that the ranking of each north american league would go.

AHL
ECHL
CHL
IHL/UHL (the UHL ceased to exsist after the majority of its teams spent HUGE amounts of cash on players they couldnt afford and the league went bust. soud familiar :lol: It was re branded to the IHL to try and get some old IHL fans back. the old IHL league back in the mid to late nineties was comparable in quality to the AHL and some NHL teams had farm teams in the IHL.)
ENL.

The answer i get the most from players is that the EIHL if it had roster sizes comparable to ECHL and CHL teams then they would give the mid to lower teams in the ECHL a good run for their money and be competiteive with any CHL team. And as the gardiner cup showed last off season the AHL teams are far superior.

Hope that helps.

For any of you who read the powerplay magazine there was an article a couple of months back on Matt Myers and he said the EIHL was exactly the same standard as the ECHL, but the only exception was that the ECHL teams had a lot more depth. He also said the top teams in the EIHL would have a very good chance of winning a division in the ECHL

freddieb said:
For any of you who read the powerplay magazine there was an article a couple of months back on Matt Myers and he said the EIHL was exactly the same standard as the ECHL, but the only exception was that the ECHL teams had a lot more depth. He also said the top teams in the EIHL would have a very good chance of winning a division in the ECHL
That's pretty much what Max Birbraer said a few days ago in an IIHF article.