Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

Rhyan48

Just heard a rumour in work that some of the restrictions coming in Friday is table service at pubs and restaurants socially distance and to wear masks and only 500 people allowed at sporting events!
I’m a delivery driver so I hear a lot of shite like this everyday but this was told to me at Uhw
Here we go the lock downs end of hockey

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #42
Just heard a rumour in work that some of the restrictions coming in Friday is table service at pubs and restaurants socially distance and to wear masks and only 500 people allowed at sporting events!
I’m a delivery driver so I hear a lot of shite like this everyday but this was told to me at Uhw
Further restrictions are going to happen even though cases in Wales dropped yesterday.

BostonBart22

The ones that should be on lockdown are england, they are in level 4, wales still level zero, I was locked up with covid all last xmas, so as long as my health is ok i will be enjoying this xmas and keeping to the guidelines as i wear a mask 10 hours a day , be surprised if wales will have lockdowns before xmas, but maybe in new year end january .

kingmo19.1

With the revelation of the Tory Xmas parting last year, I don’t think anyone will be locking down - they lost the good will of the nation with those antics - and I’m sure they know it!

I’ve heard exactly this myself today!

mjh

Can't see how they can restrict crowds to 500. Unless UK treasury pays for furlough, Drakeford can't do it. There would be huge financial implications and job losses without this finance. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Kevlar68

Going to a gig Friday 5000 capacity, covid pass needed or negative test and all masked apart from when eating or drinking, no update on that with 2 days to go.

Can't see how they can restrict crowds to 500. Unless UK treasury pays for furlough, Drakeford can't do it. There would be huge financial implications and job losses without this finance. Perhaps I'm wrong.
Regarding restrictions of spectator numbers at sporting events (in this case Devils games) having huge financial implications, I think you’re confusing Drakeford with someone who 'gives a fuck'!

I heard this in work too. Got told in work as well that capacity in retail will be coming back on Friday too.

Kevlar68

It's all about transmission at the end of the day so the biggest rule they could introduce is total blanket mask wearing everywhere, no exemptions but what do they do......take more drastic measures instead and leave mask rules as normal.
I've never seen so many exempt people in shops in all my life, its like there is no mask rule at all.

august04 2.0

Heard a rumour that Saturday’s game is off!
That could be due to Covid in the Panthers camp though…..or it could well be Drakeford shutting us down. I wouldn’t put anything past him even though that doesn’t seem to be what is happening in Scotland or England. We could be done for the season in Cardiff if we can only play behind closed doors. How can we afford that?