Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

D

Deleted member 1337

Frankly a vaccine passport should have been a requirement since the start of the season.
Why? People vaccinated can still catch and spread COVID. If you are that worried about covid you should be in favour of tests, someone being jabbed tells you nothing it is just needless discrimination.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #22
Why? People vaccinated can still catch and spread COVID. If you are that worried about covid you should be in favour of tests, someone being jabbed tells you nothing it is just needless discrimination.
Cases are climbing in France & Germany. They have pretty strict vaccine passports.

BostonBart22

Vaccines are helping big time, this new virus will hit peak mid January , 30000 cases estimated by Xmas day with covid and the flu as well we could be talking lockdowns by end January, as I said vaccines are working so there is hope all will be well.

I appreciate that our understanding of the virus is constantly evolving. But there is some evidence that vaccination reduces both viral load and transmission rates.

You're right that the vaccinated can still catch and spread Covid, but at a statistically significant lower rate it seems. Ultimately this how life gets back to something approaching normal. Not with a silver bullet but the cumulative effect of a series of marginal gains.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231557/covid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta/

BostonBart22

We are not alert level 1 yet.
Alert level 2 , Ice rinks shut!
just seen the welsh brief by the main man...he stated its getting to the stage of a weekley brief with another next friday, according to him we are a week behind england and scotland so he can follow their updates on the new virus before any other news on changes , Wales is level zero as it stands...

moggy#9

I appreciate that our understanding of the virus is constantly evolving. But there is some evidence that vaccination reduces both viral load and transmission rates.

You're right that the vaccinated can still catch and spread Covid, but at a statistically significant lower rate it seems. Ultimately this how life gets back to something approaching normal. Not with a silver bullet but the cumulative effect of a series of marginal gains.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231557/covid-vaccines-effective-household-transmission-delta/
Personally I'd remove any risk of "descrimination" by making vaccination mandatory.

Pembo

Vaccine means governments can allow greater number of daily cases before hospitals overwhelmed. Difficulty comes if exponential increase in cases leads to lockdown as hospitals become overwhelmed as horse has bolted at that point.

I work in frontline health care and it’s been noticeable how poor public discipline is becoming in some cases. I did a face to face routine review with someone yesterday who spent entire consultation coughing (wasn’t in about cough), when asked if they had done lateral flow or PCR they said “No, I can tell it’s not COVID as it just feels like a virus.“. They then explained how the fact they couldn’t taste or smell confirmed it wasn’t COVID as they sometimes get a cough, temp and loss of smell with colds. This person had been sat in waiting room around at-risk people, had a face to face with a front line health worker, and was half arsed about mask usage would often let mask ride up chin or nose would be outside mask. I wish this was an isolated case. In our county to get PCR done usually involves a drive outside of the county so many symptomatic people can’t be bothered to get checked, which makes local rate data increasingly unreliable.

If there is any further lockdown or more stringent measures it’ll be the Increasingly oblivious selfish, lazy parts of society that will have driven it. Genuinely fearful for prospects of a full season sadly at this point.

Just heard a rumour in work that some of the restrictions coming in Friday is table service at pubs and restaurants socially distance and to wear masks and only 500 people allowed at sporting events!
I’m a delivery driver so I hear a lot of shite like this everyday but this was told to me at Uhw