Tonights games

DevilDom

Thread starter #41
I'm quite happy for the other teams to beat the hell out of each other whilst we stay out of the box and keep winning.

Just need to make sure we don't get complacent.

We win. Panties moan. Typical. According to them and i quote "This proves that Thompson runs the league. They got away with murder"

I dont really see how, we get four player ejected with Jaeger getting match pen, they get two. Meyers got nothing from taking out Jaeger whilst he was in centre ice during the bench clearence. Cruickshank is looking at a lengthy ban and they seem to find it ok to rush both Jaeger and Murdy, but when we do it back we are dirty cheaters out to injure them.

Still typical panthers i suppose :)

I'd never wish an injury on any player, but I do find it very ironic that K-Wall injured and that now the Blaze are getting away with murder, even though Penner was trying the same thing! Double standards on the cage are amazing....

Interesting to see what bans come out of this... good results all round for the Devils (and Blaze!).

Chris

Administrator
we get four player ejected with Jaeger getting match pen, they get two.
Blaze had Cruickshank, Jaeger and Zanon thrown out, that's 3?

Panthers had Lepine, Penner and Graham thrown out, that's 3?

I make that 3 players ejected for each team, but Panthers lose Kowalski through an injury picked up in the bench clearence, or as suggested on the webcast, he was pulled to avoid Coventry targetting him in revenge...

Chris.

Chris said:
we get four player ejected with Jaeger getting match pen, they get two.
Blaze had Cruickshank, Jaeger and Lepine thrown out, that's 3?

Panthers had Lepine, Penner and Graham thrown out, that's 3?

I make that 3 players ejected for each team...

Chris.
Or you could have mentioned Lepine for both teams :oops:

Gazza272

If Cruickshank was trying to get at kowalski because Neilson sent the troops out to run Jaegar then Cruickshank deserves a medal not a couple of match penalties.

I dare Corey to try and run Lyle in a few weeks.

Ocko

Gazza272 said:
If Cruickshank was trying to get at kowalski because Neilson sent the troops out to run Jaegar then Cruickshank deserves a medal not a couple of match penalties.

I dare Corey to try and run Lyle in a few weeks.
Amen! Cory's an idiot and so are Panthers fans for thinking Cruikshank is out of order for taking out Kowalski, you take a run at our keeper and I'll take a bigger run at yours. How their gameplan backfired..... an injured goalie and a 2-1 loss.

:shock: if thats anything to go by that is DIABOLICAL, no wonder the blaze kicked off so much, was a reckless hit with intent to injure, surely we will be looking at some big bans after all that

Gaz G

I may be in the minority but I don't think the Clarke hit was deliberate. He was skating at speed in that direction with his head down on the puck. Unfortunate timing and after previous efforts I think he's right have been jumped on by Zanon.

For me, Corey Neilson could be in a lot of trouble. 3rd man in and cleaning out the linesman at the same time.

Chris

Administrator
Thanks for the links Merthyr Devil :)
I may be in the minority but I don't think the Clarke hit was deliberate.
I'm with you on that, i'm not convinced it was a deliberate running of Murdy, but with what had happened earlier in the game, I guess I can see why the Blaze players reacted as they did...

Still, despite everyone going nuts at the Panthers for running the netminders, it's a tactic we've used before and as much as I hate it happening to our netminders, it's quite entertaining to watch.

Chris.

Gaz G said:
For me, Corey Neilson could be in a lot of trouble. 3rd man in and cleaning out the linesman at the same time.
How many games did Voth get banned for when he hit a linesman, was it 4? Corey should be getting more than that for taking out the linesman completely.

I bet Corey gets a slap on the wrist and then complains that the Blaze players are the dirtiest in the league in his next interview.

At least it makes a change to see him actually get involved in the physical stuff instead of taking a cheap shot and then mouthing off at people while he skates away towards the safety of the bench.

as a fan who has been coming to devils games for about 12 months now i kinda 'grew up' watching matt miller run NM's more or less every week and thinking it was normal. in fact was bemoaning the lack of him at some of our early season games....

while it makes great viewing, can only say it works in our favour. at the moment teams seem reluctant to mess with us (maybe something to do with Vother and Weller on same roster?) and we are letting our hockey do the talking. Long may it continue.

drainage

Chris said:
Thanks for the links Merthyr Devil :)
I may be in the minority but I don't think the Clarke hit was deliberate.
I'm with you on that, i'm not convinced it was a deliberate running of Murdy, but with what had happened earlier in the game, I guess I can see why the Blaze players reacted as they did...

Still, despite everyone going nuts at the Panthers for running the netminders, it's a tactic we've used before and as much as I hate it happening to our netminders, it's quite entertaining to watch.

Chris.
To me looks like the Blaze 5 tipped a bit of a push at him as well. Think given what had gone one tempers at a high and no one on the ice would see anything as accidental even if it was.

Am interested in the aftermath of this - we have been party to the EIHL tough stance more than once and if anything is screaming out for the tough approach its that game. Some of those players are absolute idiots and deserve something for over use of gross stupidity if nothing else