Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

I think it's a pretty nice idea from the club to make season ticket holders feel valued. Also a good way to sell some seats which would only be empty anyway.

However, they have got to follow it through... I haven't had a reply to my email yet, and if I don't get one soon, it's gunna be cutting it fine. :x

It probably would of been a better idea to advertise the offer on the site, then have the Devils phone up to tell you about it. That way if you miss the call or whatever, you'll still know. But hey, I'd imagine they'll learn from the feedback this time around.

I'd like to see them do more stuff like this in the future :)

We had a nice answer phone message the night before the Sheffield game :) And of all the people it was Tylor who is up there with god in my girlfriends books so she was a pretty happy bunny for a long time!

No phone calls to any of the 8 season ticket holders I know well :(

Good idea, like the personal touch!

However - realistically what are the chances of the game going ahead??

wildthing74

I'm amazed this issue has caused so much fuss and 5 pages of debate.I got a call off Mark Smith last Thursday and only due to being unwell I was in and took the call.
For me I think its nice PR by the club to boost sales on what will likely be a poor turnout for a match so close to Christmas and even more so now with that bad weather.
I don't feel any more special to have had a call,I'm sure all players probably got equal amounts to ring and with varying success of reaching/getting in touch with the fans they were allocated.
How many times would it be worthwhile them trying the same number?

I think this whole thing is quite simple.

Great idea from the club to sell more tickets and give a treat for ST holders.

However; There are two senarios

1 -This offer is for all season ticket holders. If this is the case, it should have been posted on the website, an e mail should have been sent to fans and a story sent to the echo to report straight away to ensure as many ST holders as possible were aware of the deal.

The phone call is an additional nice touch and the club should get though however many people they can, but it's really just a side issue to the ticket promotion.

2 - This is only available to a select few ST holders. Again, this should have been posted on the website asap with something along the lines of - 'if you're one of the lucky few to be called' (presumably as part of a draw to make it random)

I can't believe number 2 is the actual idea though as it doesn't make sense for the club to limit it's revenue potential for this game by only offering it to a few ST holders.

Season ticket offer
The Cardiff Devils are very pleased to be able to offer all of our Season Ticket Holders a special festive ticket deal for our game against the Hull Stingrays on 22nd December.

Over the past couple of weeks each Devil has personally been ringing Season Ticket Holders to thank you for your support and offer you the following one-off festive deal for Wednesday’s game:

All STHs are invited to bring their friends and family members to watch the Devils battle the Stingrays with the followed discounted tickets:

The first guest’s ticket: £5
All additional tickets: £10
Due to training commitments the team were unable to call all STHs last week and unfortunately there were a large number of un-contactable fans; however it is open to all STHs and while the players will keep phoning to thank you for backing them, we would like to let you know that you can take up this offer without having received a call.

If you are a STH and would like to bring a guest, all you need to do is email sales@cardiffdevils.com with your name, ST number and the name/s of the guest/s you will be bringing, along with their email addresses. If you were offered this deal by a player, please also include their name in the email.

You will then receive a confirmation email within the next couple of days and your tickets will be ready to be paid for and collected on the game night.

Re: Re: Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

TheStub said:
Finny said:
How many season ticket holders weren't called?
Neither me or my sister have been called, as far as I am aware.

Maybe this was only for fans from Cardiff :lol:
i reckon it was done alphabetically ..... cos i'm a C!!

Chris said:
I can't believe some of the negativity about the idea - certain NHL teams have done this in the past and it always creates some great stories. OK, not everyone got called this time, but, I am sure your time will come.... ;)
I don't think the issue here is whether they had a call about the offer, it's more an issue of knowing about the event at all...

If you don't get a phone call, you don't read this board and no one you know received a phone call, how are you supposed to know this offer exists?

With all the work that has gone into creating the new website, I really can't imagine it's particularly hard to get a news item up advertising the offer. With the number of people employed in the back office i'm really struggling to find a reason as to why there's nothing up on there?

As I put in my other post, how can the club justify only offering this deal to certain groups of season ticket holders, and how did they pick and choose who they were going to ring?

Chris.
I think you are all also missing the point that although some STH have been comtacted ...... the management have not got back to anyone yet actually GIVING them the discounted tickets ... and only 2 days to go .......

osh

Well, there we have it - I think they have now done the right thing and publicly announced the offer. No one is left in any doubt and the offer is a genuine deal. Ok lessons to be learned I think, this should have been announced at least 10 days ago, but a good promotion it has to be said.

osh said:
Well, there we have it - I think they have now done the right thing and publicly announced the offer. No one is left in any doubt and the offer is a genuine deal. Ok lessons to be learned I think, this should have been announced at least 10 days ago, but a good promotion it has to be said.
Definitely lessons to be learned, poorly thought out, managed and executed.

TheStub

Looking at what my friends in Scunthorpe are saying, it will be amazing in Hull get down. I would question the sense of taking the risk.

Finny

Merthyr Devil said:
Thommo just wrote on Twitter that the GBU20's lot are stuck in Frankfurt as flights are cancelled. So we may not get Ben and Sam back by Wednesday either.
I was just wondering about that myself.

On the positive side though - I guess that means Hicks is stuck out of the country too?

Re: Re: Re: Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

ruthiec said:
So is Clairey and no call. Odd indeed. Maybe it was random.

Looking likely to be cancelled though. Weather all over is really bad.

Oops sorry - replied without reading the last page. Lol. Stupid tapatalk.

Re: Re: Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

ruthiec said:
TheStub said:
Finny said:
How many season ticket holders weren't called?
Neither me or my sister have been called, as far as I am aware.

Maybe this was only for fans from Cardiff :lol:
I wondered that when they did it last year, although I'm an A and didn't get a call, they were supposed to ring all ST holders for some reason, can't remember why but I didn't get a call. I'm not a season ticket holder this year, but there's one thing I hate and thats one rule for one and one for another.