Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

osh

Finny said:
There is also the possibility that they were doing these in groups of season ticket holders for different games. Though unlikey, there is the theoretical possibility that if all season tickets holders brought 2 friends we wouldn't have enough tickets.
I have half a dozen friends who are ST holders and they haven't been called. as you say, it may be a group thing, but you are missing the point. Surely if this offer is being made ( a good pr idea I hasten to add) then it should be posted for all to see and that place is the main website! that way we wouldn't need to be guessing in the way we are!

Finny

But if the offer isn't being offered to all the season ticket holders at the same time - surely that is why it isn't being put on the website?

Plus, if it was put on the website then it wouldn't be as much of a pleasant surprise if fans were already expecting the call.

Chris

Administrator
But if the offer isn't being offered to all the season ticket holders at the same time - surely that is why it isn't being put on the website?
If that's the actual reasoning, then whoever thought that was a good idea is an utter moron.

How could offering a discount price to only select groups of season ticket holders ever go down well?

If that's not the reason, then why on earth isn't it on the website as a first come, first served basis? It really doesn't seem that hard to restrict the number of seats being offered at a cheaper price...

Chris.

osh

Finny said:

Plus, if it was put on the website then it wouldn't be as much of a pleasant surprise if fans were already expecting the call.

Finny you really are being awkward on this one. You are posting lots of if this and if that without actually knowing a jot why they are choosing to do it this way, you are just left guessing like the rest of us. I am simply saying that whilst this is a great pr idea, it should be published on the website thats all. I feel not every ST will get this offer, so it wont be such a pleasant surprise to them will it. All the club has to say is that each ST holder will have a chance of buying such tickets and wait for a player to contact you. Once again, lets just disagree, you've mmade your view and so have I. please don't come back on this.

DevilDom

My son and I are both in Cardiff and we've not had a call. :(

Great idea by the club though. As much as i'm a bit gutted not to have had a call i'm not bitter or jealous of those who have been lucky enough to get one. Mind you my son would wet himself if he'd had a call! Never mind - maybe next time.

We can't criticise the club for coming up with innovative ideas to create extra revenue. I don't think putting it on the website would have the same effect as getting a call out of the blue from a player!

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
My son and I are both in Cardiff and we've not had a call. :(

Great idea by the club though. As much as i'm a bit gutted not to have had a call i'm not bitter or jealous of those who have been lucky enough to get one. Mind you my son would wet himself if he'd had a call! Never mind - maybe next time.

We can't criticise the club for coming up with innovative ideas to create extra revenue. I don't think putting it on the website would have the same effect as getting a call out of the blue from a player!
Well said.

I can't believe some of the negativity about the idea - certain NHL teams have done this in the past and it always creates some great stories. OK, not everyone got called this time, but, I am sure your time will come.... ;)

I don't think anyone is having a pop at the incentive, it's a fantastic idea. Certainly better than the loss making Groupon deal

but a little more communication or execution of the scheme would have made a few of the Season Ticket holders happy. if I were a season ticket holder that hadn't been called, I would want to know wha the criteria for qualifying for the scheme was. (p.s. i'm not a season ticket holder) there have been mutterings in other threads about season ticket offers some valid some not !

fair play it's a great scheme though

and bear in mind that the drive for new season ticket holders should really start after the new year!

Chris

Administrator
I can't believe some of the negativity about the idea - certain NHL teams have done this in the past and it always creates some great stories. OK, not everyone got called this time, but, I am sure your time will come.... ;)
I don't think the issue here is whether they had a call about the offer, it's more an issue of knowing about the event at all...

If you don't get a phone call, you don't read this board and no one you know received a phone call, how are you supposed to know this offer exists?

With all the work that has gone into creating the new website, I really can't imagine it's particularly hard to get a news item up advertising the offer. With the number of people employed in the back office i'm really struggling to find a reason as to why there's nothing up on there?

As I put in my other post, how can the club justify only offering this deal to certain groups of season ticket holders, and how did they pick and choose who they were going to ring?

Chris.

Finny

There is also the possibility that everyone was rung - but they weren't in to answer the phone?

I did laugh when someone said they had a 5 minute answer phone message from Sam Smith? :lol:

Out of interest - what was the clubs response when all the annoyed people rang the Devils office to ask why they hadn't been rung?

Finny said:
There is also the possibility that everyone was rung - but they weren't in to answer the phone?

I did laugh when someone said they had a 5 minute answer phone message from Sam Smith? :lol:

Out of interest - what was the clubs response when all the annoyed people rang the Devils office to ask why they hadn't been rung?
Everyone? how many players?, how many season ticket holders?, how much time?, working doy or evenings ?

Out of interest, are you a season ticket holder?, have you been contacted or have you contacted the club ?

I'm not a season ticket holder, but i think the club have my details as I often get info on email, So i'm look forward to a call asking for me to buy a season ticket before next season :D

Finny

I am a season ticket holder but have not recieved a phone call. Unless they rang my house phone as I rarely answer it.

I shall be writing an angrily worded email to the club as soon as I can be bothered to stop writing on this forum.

Finny said:
I am a season ticket holder but have not recieved a phone call. Unless they rang my house phone as I rarely answer it.

I shall be writing an angrily worded email to the club as soon as I can be bothered to stop writing on this forum.

so in that case, as a season ticket holder, are you happy that you may have been overlooked for an "offer" to take friends to a game for a reduced price?

if you second line is not sarcasm , I look forward to hearing the reply

Finny

Dr Strangelove said:
so in that case, as a season ticket holder, are you happy that you may have been overlooked for an "offer" to take friends to a game for a reduced price?
Happy? I'm absolutely livid. Though also slightly relieved that they didn't ring my else I would have had to admit to them I don't have any friends to use the offer.

Dr Strangelove said:
Not too familiar with my posting style yet are you. Don't worry, you'll learn.

Finny said:
Dr Strangelove said:
Happy? I'm absolutely livid. Though also slightly relieved that they didn't ring my else I would have had to admit to them I don't have any friends to use the offer.

Dr Strangelove said:
Not too familiar with my posting style yet are you. Don't worry, you'll learn.
I'm sorry

I ask you two perfectly sensible questions and I get a very concieted reply :eek:

I'm confused, but hey this is life on a forum, therefore I'm not surprised you don't have any friends to accompany you. Finny's pretty thick skinned, but i don't think this is necessary - if it was means as a joke, ok, but i really can't tell to be honest. think before you post please

But if you do get a reply, please post it in this thread as some people are genuinely concerned about the topic

mazza03

With the weather as it is I don't think the game will be on. My granddaughters boyfriend is stuck in Hull and is not taking the chance on the weather in case he gets stuck, I won't be there unless some miracle occurs and the snow goes away.