Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

Thread starter #1
Just had a phone call from Max Birbraer ( :eek: ) who told me that all season ticket holders can bring guests to the game on 22nd for £5 each.

If you take up the offer you are entered into a draw for a free season ticket next year along with shirts and other goodies.

To take up the offer you need to e-mail sales@cardiffdevils.com with your season ticket code number and the names of your guests.

I can see why they would offer it, being so close to xmas and potentially low attendances, but then I wonder why it has not been posted on the official Devils site?

I myself as a season ticket holder have not had said call from a player, but i suppose as there are so many of us, they would have to be on the blower 24-7 for a few days to get around everyone! :lol:

Wonder if they are relying on 'word of mouth' from people who have had calls to get the information out there?

Sheincar

At the Christmas party Shannon told me that each player had been tasked with phoning ST holders with the offer. I've not a call either but then if club read forum I'm not shocked they haven't rung me :lol:

I'm not a season ticket holder so I've not had a call but i have to say I'd probably think it was a mate taking the mik and be cruel to whoever rang me..
Brad: hi, did you know you can get cheap tickets for the Hull game?
Me: knock it off Dave. Call that a Canadian accent!
:lol:

Good offer tho. Just hope hull can get here!

Bit annoyed about this to be honest. I bought a ticket for my friend full price as soon as they became available and now its like you get penalised for acting early.

Think I might email the club...

Club finances must be in dire straits if the news release on the Panthers game is to be believed.

"Game had to go ahead to maximize vital revenue opportunities".

I thought most tickets had been bought in advance so the money was already there.

OJ

TheStub

clairey_faerie said:
Bit annoyed about this to be honest. I bought a ticket for my friend full price as soon as they became available and now its like you get penalised for acting early.

Think I might email the club...
I would. Worst they can say is no.
Nott Simpson said:
Club finances must be in dire straits if the news release on the Panthers game is to be believed.

"Game had to go ahead to maximize vital revenue opportunities".

I thought most tickets had been bought in advance so the money was already there.

OJ
Not playing Saturday probably depresses ticket sales for the mid-week game. People are more likely to turn up if they have a ticket in their pocket rather than a walk up ticket. Also, it has been a few weeks of "lower" teams (before the Steelers) and restricted ticket sales.

It also hints at the revenue needs, and the arms race in the league for the teams in the race for the league title. Hopefully next season we will see the wage cap back, and less imports overall.

I got a call a Stevie a week last Friday ... applied and have heard diddly squatt from anyone bacl ... i think they are going to wait to see how many are left Tuesday and then say yea bring along ... bit late then if you ask me

ruthiec said:
I got a call a Stevie a week last Friday ... applied and have heard diddly squatt from anyone bacl ... i think they are going to wait to see how many are left Tuesday and then say yea bring along ... bit late then if you ask me
Mind I was also told a fiver each for guests and yet a friend of mine was told max of 2 tickets ... one at £5 and one at £10 ....

osh

So, those ST holders who were lucky enough to get phone calls from players ( I like the idea, nice personal touch) get to know about this offer. What about other ST holders who didn't get such a call, how would they know ( other than reading the inferno) because I don't see it on the main website anywhere. Apologies of course if I've missed it on the site.

TheStub

Re: Re: Ticket offer for Hull game on 22nd

Finny said:
How many season ticket holders weren't called?
Neither me or my sister have been called, as far as I am aware.

Maybe this was only for fans from Cardiff :lol:

Finny

There is also the possibility that they were doing these in groups of season ticket holders for different games. Though unlikey, there is the theoretical possibility that if all season tickets holders brought 2 friends we wouldn't have enough tickets.

TheStub

Finny said:
There is also the possibility that they were doing these in groups of season ticket holders for different games. Though unlikey, there is the theoretical possibility that if all season tickets holders brought 2 friends we wouldn't have enough tickets.
Could be possible, but the reason maybe being a more mundane too many people to phone.

Finny

TheStub said:
Finny said:
Could be possible, but the reason maybe being a more mundane too many people to phone.
Yeh that too. How many season ticket holders do we have now? 800+ ?