Summer Hockey.

Cardiff Titans Fixtures can be found at:

http://cardifftitans.proboards.com/index.cgi

Cardiff Titans, now into their 22nd consecutive year are actively recruiting players for the 2010/11 season. There are no try-outs as the Titans take players of all ages and abilities. Providing players are able to make their fair share of training, road games and most importantly social nights, everybody is welcome.

Throughout the year the Titans play games against teams of various standards so that everybody gets a chance to play. If you are committed to the club by means of training and going to road games, then you'll play the majority of games for the club.

Some of the highlights for the next year or so, are the Newcastle weekend tour, Paisley and Kingston tournaments, Northern Ireland tour, plus invitations to the World Pond Hockey Tournament Boston, and New York (3rd time). Alongside all of these plans, the club will be playing the usual amount of games through the season, plus the Cardiff Winter Cup and possibly the Summer Cup, depending on the level of competition in it next year.

What makes us different to the other rec teams in Cardiff is our cost and training times. Most other rec teams have 1 hour session each week at the cost of £10 or £40 per month for 4 hours ice time. We offer members 2 sessions each week, 1 hour on Wednesday and 1.5 hours on Friday for £50 per month for 10 hours ice time. Only £5 per session!!!

If anybody is interested in skating, check out our forum for more information:

http://cardifftitans.proboards.com/

The Cardiff Ice Hounds take to the ice this Saturday, for their final 'pool' match, when they host the return fixture against the Bracknell Blizzards.
The Blizzards came out the victors in their first meeting down in Bracknell. But on that occassion, the Hounds had unfortunatley not packed their 'A game' and it seemed more a case that the Hounds lost the match, rather than the Blizzards winning it.
The two teams have been head to head all season, with the Blizzards just staying in first place ahead of the Hounds, but usually as the Hounds had games in hand. Until the Hounds' last match against Medway Madness, they had only failed to beat Bracknell and a win against the Madness would have put all the pressure on Bracknell to have to win this weekend's game, just to draw first place, as the competition goes into play-offs. But with the mass of injuries picked up during the Medway game,combined with not being able to get used to the 'special' set-up of the rink, the Hounds lost their match, meaning that both teams are even on points, going into the final match for both clubs (prior to play-offs). So as a result, both teams will be throwing everything into this game, as the battle for the first place finish and the accolade of becoming Southern Conference Champions.
As a result, the Hounds would love to get as much support behind the team on Saturday as possible, to hopefully witness what is already a great Southern Conference campaign, get even better.
So if you fancy some FREE summer hockey, Face Off will be at 4:30pm, this coming Saturday (24/07/10). Come down and bark out your support for the Hounds.

For more information on the Cardiff Ice Hounds go to http://www.cardifficehounds.co.uk or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/cardifficehound

Fresh from their record breaking victory over the Met police, Titan's play their final road games of the season this weekend in Newcastle and Whitley Bay. On Saturday they play the Durham Dragons that have numerous ex-Durham Wasp players on their roster. The game is being played at the Newcastle Arena. Later in the evening they are hopping across to play Whitley Bay Wildcats, then on the Sunday they play the Newcaste Predators. The Titans are looking to finish their impressive road campaign on a high, despite being without any of their Canadien or Slovak imports.

Sunday night hockey again this weekend (22nd August 2010).
Cardiff Ice Hounds host the Army Air Corps Ice Hawks, for the first leg of their Southern Conference Cup playoff semi-final. It should be a good match, as it's playoff hockey and that mean one thing: all or nothing!
The Ice Hawks have had some close results with the Ice Hounds, but failed to beat them home or away. So the Hounds have to be favourites going into the game.
Face-off is at 9:15pm in the Big Blue Tent. Entry as always, is free.

Exciting game tonight guys, had a bit of everything, very well played!

Just wondering if someone can inform me what it was that sparked number 25's out burst, and the big check at the end, just general hockey stuff or a specific incident? Fun stuff either way :lol: I wouldn't have felt bad if I had paid to see this one!

ginguskahn said:

Just wondering if someone can inform me what it was that sparked number 25's out burst, and the big check at the end, just general hockey stuff or a specific incident? Fun stuff either way :lol: I wouldn't have felt bad if I had paid to see this one!
I take it you're talking about the Hounds' game!?
Cronin (#25) kicked off following an intentional butt end to the nose. As for the big check at the end, it was Ben's last game for us (he's going to ENL1) so I guess he got a little excited by the emotion of it all!
Glad you enjoyed it.

Lucas69 said:
ginguskahn said:

I take it you're talking about the Hounds' game!?
Cronin (#25) kicked off following an intentional butt end to the nose. As for the big check at the end, it was Ben's last game for us (he's going to ENL1) so I guess he got a little excited by the emotion of it all!
Glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah sorry I should have made that clear. The Hounds have got me nicely fired up for next weekend now :) Thanks for the info, and congrats to Ben then :)

We play our next and last home fixture of the season on the 19th September. All going well - when the Army Air Corps stop messing around with dates and commit to playing the 2nd leg of the playoff semis - it should be against the Bracknell Blizzards in a 1st/2nd competition.

Ben will be missed and we'll have to work hard to replace him. We can't wait for his first home game so we can get down and support him.