Storm Vs Devils - League - 8th Jan 23 - 17:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head north to sunny Altrincham to face the Storm in Sunday league action. We're only 1/2 way through the season but with just three points seperating the top 3 teams at the moment, every game is must win to stay in the mix.

Gavevs88

Could be a very tricky one considering their recent form, hopefully we have the advantage with them playing tonight as well.

BostonBart22

this is a must win game now after last nights results especially no lge games for us next weekend.. 4...1 win for me..and if we lose....please dont come out dupes and say we were slow out of the blocks and not up for it from the word go, the team should be raring to go after 2 nights off..lets do it..

Wannabe2

Tough game tonight, we need to at least play like we did against Steelers to take these points. Storm are playing very well can see a physical game myself, Bicknel v Stevenson fight last night was a cracker. So we need our A game tonight lads, webcast tonight for me hopefully worth the cost. Let’s go lads.

pjj365

I've avoided the Storm webcast 'cause I don't rate the camera angles or the commentators.
But with 12 days 'till our next domestic game I may well get it this evening - plenty of time to convince myself

Wannabe2

I also didn’t like the Storm webcast, but after watching the garbage `Guildford dish up it’s the better of two evils. I hate having to pay, not that I have to,the same for garbage coverage, as I do for the excellent Steelers production which is second to none. Yes not everyone has the cash or the facilities they have, but Guildfords highlights used to be very good, with good Nth American commentary, but it’s total crap now, Storms camera positions like the BBT are very limited unfortunately, wish I could ignore tonight’s game but it’s easier said than done, anyway all the best lads let’s come home feeling good about our performance.

moggy#9

Talking of the streams, I noticed that at the start of the hinge webcast against Guildford there was an intro sequence featuring all of the teams, which seemed a bit odd. Are other teams using that on their streams, and if so, are we moving towards league-wide content management?

fridaysfingers

I also didn’t like the Storm webcast, but after watching the garbage `Guildford dish up it’s the better of two evils. I hate having to pay, not that I have to,the same for garbage coverage, as I do for the excellent Steelers production which is second to none. Yes not everyone has the cash or the facilities they have, but Guildfords highlights used to be very good, with good Nth American commentary, but it’s total crap now, Storms camera positions like the BBT are very limited unfortunately, wish I could ignore tonight’s game but it’s easier said than done, anyway all the best lads let’s come home feeling good about our performance.
The commentary for last weeks Guildford stream was Ed Kimmberly who is very good, previously it’s been not so great.
The main problem with Guildford is the camera angle and lighting.

Yes that into is a league wide thing that has been shown on all the webcasts I’ve seen, including ours.
I don’t see it being anything other than an advertisement for the sponsors though

dave

The last Manchester stream was Jono Bollard on comms,so was good.. so limitation was just the camera angle they have

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Ed Kimberley is knowledgable but sometimes too knowledgable, he is like a bloody hockey encyclopaedia, and never comes up for breath, he wears you out at times with worthless info. Camera work is dire used to be good but now lousy and that’s being generous. Definately the worse stream in the league.

MA18

Feels an odd call to me.
A game we’d very much like to win, Kozun is playing very well and is on a good run. In that position. I don’t see why you’d change unless you really need to.

Maybe they have next week in mind and think they may need both netminders on form and match fit due to the format and importance of the weekend.

doron

yeah kozun playing at his top game , and manchester seem to be playing really well ? not going to be a pushover, so i would have stayed with kozun, but let's see what happens.