Storm Vs Devils - League - 8th Jan 23 - 17:30 FO

moggy#9

Ye, he has a huge upside. I honestly think the issue with our D is more combinations than anything else.

This isn’t the place for stats, but I think Crawford with Richie could be spectacular in the same way Fournier/Hotham were.

What I’m unsure of is how a Jardine/Thompson pairing would get on. But I am optimistic it could work.

Our remaining pairing of Louis/Batch have been playing better recently. There are some issues, but I would be very interested to see how those three pairings would work.
To be honest it's not just the defensive combinations that haven't been optimal. When, hopefully, coughler returns I suspect there'll be more tinkering to be had in line combos.

Any videos of the fight anywhere or do you see it on the webcast?
As someone said, it happens below the camera position but from what I can work out there is no way Lou pulled him over the boards back to the ice. I think maybe that Lou went out to get the storm player who was at the end of his shift and going towards bench. I suppose from that its possible it might have been a case of him having a leg over boards?
Jono Bullard said he did pull him off the bench but I can’t see it.
Perhaps someone who was there can clear it up.

kettdevil1

As someone said, it happens below the camera position but from what I can work out there is no way Lou pulled him over the boards back to the ice. I think maybe that Lou went out to get the storm player who was at the end of his shift and going towards bench. I suppose from that its possible it might have been a case of him having a leg over boards?
Jono Bullard said he did pull him off the bench but I can’t see it.
Perhaps someone who was there can clear it up.
It was very difficult to tell as it was directly below us in a blind spot. They showed a replay on the (biggish...) screen afterwards which didn't catch the initial hit/slash and then cut to Lou pummelling Simmonds so..... Jono might well be right but until proved otherwise, I don't think there is any film evidence to confirm.