Storm Vs Devils - League - 8th Jan 23 - 17:30 FO

Wannabe2

We played them very well, but they tonight looked pretty poor and yes we are going to say we didn’t let them play. Louis dragging a player off the bench no comment as we didn’t see it. Glad you enjoyed it, wish I had too but I found it boring, wish I hadn’t but I did unfortunately, but we have the points which we needed, so well done lads we achieved what was our aim and keeps us in the chase.

Diablo3

We played them very well, but they tonight looked pretty poor and yes we are going to say we didn’t let them play. Louis dragging a player off the bench no comment as we didn’t see it. Glad you enjoyed it, wish I had too but I found it boring, wish I hadn’t but I did unfortunately, but we have the points which we needed, so well done lads we achieved what was our aim and keeps us in the chase.
Fair enough, re the Louis incident, Cox took a slash behind the play and was in some discomfort getting off the ice, Stripes gave nothing so Louis dragged the guy off the bench to point out the error of his ways

Wannabe2

We’re you there Diablo, as if so you would have seen so much more than us on the webcast, we only really seen very little and had to believe what we were told.

Mooney#16

Another disastrous night. That giant fairy Louis did some enforcing and the tea bag Bownsy let one in? What the hell are we going to complain about now. Bored thinking about it.

Diablo3

We’re you there Diablo, as if so you would have seen so much more than us on the webcast, we only really seen very little and had to believe what we were told.
No I suffered the same webcast as you unfortunately. I pieced what happened thanks to kettdevil1 and what the commentator said.

Slartibartfast

The camera work is always bad at Manchester. I think after the Sheffield game anything would seem boring. It wasn't the most exciting but it was just good to see everything clicking and some nice goals.

E.D.S.

Wasn't able to watch the game but another two points in the bag. Some big teams have come unstuck in Manchester so great to come out of their with a win. Good on Louis for stepping in. Sounds brilliant.

E.D.S.

Another disastrous night. That giant fairy Louis did some enforcing and the tea bag Bownsy let one in? What the hell are we going to complain about now. Bored thinking about it.
Did Crawford give the puck away a lot? I can complain about that if you like. I don't want you feeling left out.

Devil94

At the end of the day who cares if it was boring or not. We got the 2 points from a team that very recently did the double over Belfast and Guildford. Give me winning snoozefests over barnstorming losses for the next 3 months and I'll be very happy.

Wannabe2

At the end of the day who cares if it was boring or not. We got the 2 points from a team that very recently did the double over Belfast and Guildford. Give me winning snoozefests over barnstorming losses for the next 3 months and I'll be very happy.
Can’t fault that comment mate, we got the points which at the end of the day we needed,

moggy#9

Hugely important to go into the continental cup on a roll. Particularly against a team who could be a real banana skin - as they proved against Guildford. It would have been very easy for minds to be on next weekend, so well done to the team getting the result.

Gavevs88

Great win in a difficult barn against a team that have beaten the top teams consistently this year. Great to see Bownsy get a good game under his belt too, would be a massive confidence builder for him.

Mooney#16

Did Crawford give the puck away a lot? I can complain about that if you like. I don't want you feeling left out.
Do you know what I don’t think the useless bugger even managed to get that right. Stealing your fun like that. Too busy prating about getting another 1+1. I mean ignoring the league leading assists, plus/minus and points for a defence man and leading the team in scoring just what the bloody hell does he think he’s doing out there.

Oh look I did manage to get a whinge in. Feel better now. Less bored at least.

E.D.S.

Do you know what I don’t think the useless bugger even managed to get that right. Stealing your fun like that. Too busy prating about getting another 1+1. I mean ignoring the league leading assists, plus/minus and points for a defence man and leading the team in scoring just what the bloody hell does he think he’s doing out there.

Oh look I did manage to get a whinge in. Feel better now. Less bored at least.
You’re welcome.

kettdevil1

Would you take him over Gleason Fournier next season??
Cracking question..... could we have both?

Just had a look at Fournier's numbers and whilst we have to keep in mind that he is playing for a bang average side, his productivity has fallen off a cliff. From 24 goals with us to a projected 4 this year is some decline (5 last year). Having sad that he was always about more than goals and assists but given he was +52 in his best season, he is now down to +10 so the question is..... could he get back to where he was with us?

Crawford is well over a point a game and his projection is a crazy +59 for the season.... he is also 6 years younger than Gleason. On the downside he isn't as good a skater and isn't a player who breaks open a game but..... he has been our anchor all season so.....

I would like both please but if we get to choose one...... I would be tempted to go for Crawford