steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

jenks33

Nobody wants sackings, we want the Devils to do well. If they continue to play like they did this weekend, there won’t be any, which is great. But let’s not pretend it’s just a few fans on here that have been unhappy. The coach, the MD and the owner have all said that recent displays were not good enough. And that’s when the pressure builds and fans get unhappy. We’ve shown what we can do, there’s no excuses not to show that level of commitment every week. We have to repeat in Scotland now and close this gap.
Yeah I want to see a few more weekends like this before the “what was all the fuss about” quotes come out.
The players deserve massive credit for picking up two wins this weekend and tonight certainly isn’t a time to point out our deficiencies.
Next weekend will be a different challenge though. Guildford and Sheffield will always have a go at us where as Dundee and Fife next weekend might be happy to sit back. This season we’ve struggled against teams that have done that so I hope we’ve learned a few lessons. Tonight’s certainly a good night to be a Devils fan tho!

mjh

Well, in the words of the song 'I wasn't expecting that!' clearly this team has it in them. Just need consistency now to build on this momentum. Really great weekend. Well done coach Skalde for getting the boys back on track.

moggy#9

Yeah I want to see a few more weekends like this before the “what was all the fuss about” quotes come out.
The players deserve massive credit for picking up two wins this weekend and tonight certainly isn’t a time to point out our deficiencies.
Next weekend will be a different challenge though. Guildford and Sheffield will always have a go at us where as Dundee and Fife next weekend might be happy to sit back. This season we’ve struggled against teams that have done that so I hope we’ve learned a few lessons. Tonight’s certainly a good night to be a Devils fan tho!
Indeed. It's great to have a fine performance to be positive about, but I do find smug comments about "doubters" a bit much. Almost implying that the problems the team has had were all in our minds. The real trick for the team is maintaining this. I for one hope that they can and do.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Indeed. It's great to have a fine performance to be positive about, but I do find smug comments about "doubters" a bit much. Almost implying that the problems the team has had were all in our minds. The real trick for the team is maintaining this. I for one hope that they can and do.
Worth remembering that the most public critics of the team included Skalde, Kelman and Steve King (and quite rightly so, given the way we were playing) and not just those on the Inferno who are prepared to comment on what they see on the ice, whether good or bad. We’ve seen a great bounce back this weekend, which quite frankly, we had to see, given the comments from the club this week. Long may it continue.

ASHIPP

Elite League website has Devils tied on 9 points with 2 other teams although they each have a game in hand.
Steelers have played 11 games, Flames 10 games, Devils 8 games.

Mazzoak

I agree one great weekend in October doesn’t guarantee a successful seasons conclusion. The same way several poor performances in October doesn’t mean a dire conclusion to the season.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Mazzoak Oh bugger off ,we have just ripped the heart out of the league leaders at their fortress, and all you can do is drag us down to your level.

Admin- Please don't attack the poster.

Last edited by a moderator:

kettdevil1

Another positive from tonight. Looking at the goals again, it looks like Mikkelson and O'connor were on the ice for all 4 even strength goals. Ben would have been under big pressure to perform tonight, and to have that plus a shutout is a huge night for him.
I thought O’Connor had a superb game under a lot of pressure, far more controlled and given the situation, mentally he was strong.

Love going up there and silencing an 8000 strong crowd within minutes. I do think our game is suited by playing the Steelers but even so, this was an immense performance. DuPont’s size and vision allowed Sanford and Cox to run riot, McNally was everywhere on the ice and Crandall had a stormer. Struggling to think of anything I would change ….. and after all the talk of ex-Devils coming back to haunt us, Sointu was kept to the outside throughout by Mikkelson and Mosey was pressurised into mistakes that led to goals.

Looking forward to the Scotland trip after that and hoping that a corner has been turned

osh

didnt see the game, however, after recent poor results and performances, we certainly needed the two wins this weekend to build on from here. I’m guessing there were some very harsh words spoken during the week after last weekends games and the players have reacted in the best possible way.

matbur

The good ol' hockey game...

What an incredible result tonight to cap off an excellent weekend.

The team have taken a lot of stick of late, much of it deserved, but hopefully they've turned the corner now.

Chuffed for us fans, the players, TK and the officials and of course, Jarrod Skalde, who let's not forget, has been through a challenging period away from the ice.

Onwards and upwards!

Well that was unexpected. They looked more like the team that played CHL. Maybe it was having the time and space to play their own game.

Its an increasingly odd league this year.

Kevin roog

Absolutely amazing performance, especially after the last couple of weeks negativity (myself included) it goes to show what a difference a bit of effort makes , Fife wouldn’t have lived with us last week if we played like last night

bb1

Nobody saw that coming!

After Saturdays game (which was a better performance as of late) I felt we were the 2nd best team and that our chances yesterday were very slim.......I loved being wrong in my thinking, it was a superb team performance. Crandall was absolute class as was Carruth.

Louis imo had his best weekend in a Devils jersey for a long time. He threw the body all Saturday and last night did exactly what he should have and gave that cheap tosser a pasting! Well done big Lou.

It is infuriating to see how we can play when everyone buys in. That was the same team we saw pre season who troubled the giants of Europe. We need to make sure we don't get carried away however as the Steelers looked pretty gutless last night and i'm sure they will bounce back.

Overall superb bounce back ability. There are still a couple that need to keep proving themselves and up the intensity but WELL DONE the boys!

jenks33

Very surprised that we only had 16 shots on goal. It’s not a criticism as we were always going to play a simple game with such a commanding lead. It felt like we tested the goalies a lot more than that though

kingmo19.1

It’s amazing the reaction a bollocking can produce! I hope we don’t just sit back on our laurels now as if the pressure is off - otherwise we’re likely to lose this coming weekend!

Wannabe2

What a great feeling to wake up too on a Monday morning, 4 awesome points in the bag which is a wicked feeling, but then as a massive bonus to shut out that lot up the Motorway at their own house of tin, and to have wiped the floor with them and also it could have been more, and also as a added bonus seeing the lads playing the way they were, playing as a real team, playing for each other, and playing for the shirt with pride. So a great morning to awake too all due to our great club. Very Happy Hockey Days.