steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

Wannabe2

Play as good as we can we will take this, play as bad as we can and forget it. Steelers are scoring for fun at the moment where we are struggling. Would love to see us getting physical and finishing our checks, Connelly will be out to stir it up, especially with our goalie, it’s going to be one uphill battle.

moggy#9

Play as good as we can we will take this, play as bad as we can and forget it. Steelers are scoring for fun at the moment where we are struggling. Would love to see us getting physical and finishing our checks, Connelly will be out to stir it up, especially with our goalie, it’s going to be one uphill battle.
If Connolly starts something I just hope that one of our guys will step up and beat the crap out of that particular POS.

I'm not hopeful of tonight though. We're already missing the speed of Waller. If Steelers neutralise Reid and McNally I really don't see us offering much.

Devil94

Carruth is starting. Starting 6 is Carruth, Louis, Batch, McNally, Lammon, Davies.

Dupont down to play between Cox and Sanford and then Crandall, Dixon, Reid.

Rok starting for Sheffield with Brust as back up.

moggy#9

Carruth is starting. Starting 6 is Carruth, Louis, Batch, McNally, Lammon, Davies.

Dupont down to play between Cox and Sanford and then Crandall, Dixon, Reid.

Rok starting for Sheffield with Brust as back up.
That's an interesting love to start with. Clearly looking to be disruptive of Sheffield's first line. It's imagine that it could get a bit tactical with Sheffield looking for certain line match ups. I see special teams as begging crucial in this one

jenks33

Formidable task facing us this evening. Steelers have scored 26 goals in their last 5 home games and they’ve only conceded 2 goals in their last 4 games in all competitions. Goes without saying that Carruth will have to be our best player tonight. Personally I think we’ll need to score 4+ goals to win tonight. Do we look like a team that can go there and score 4 goals? Probably not. Fingers crossed we see a positive performance that kickstarts our season.

BostonBart22

Formidable task facing us this evening. Steelers have scored 26 goals in their last 5 home games and they’ve only conceded 2 goals in their last 4 games in all competitions. Goes without saying that Carruth will have to be our best player tonight. Personally I think we’ll need to score 4+ goals to win tonight. Do we look like a team that can go there and score 4 goals? Probably not. Fingers crossed we see a positive performance that kickstarts our season.
Just hope shuff have a bad day at the office, they are due one...4...2 Devils

ASHIPP

Up until this season, I used to feel any Devils' trip to HOS was a 'banker' for us. Although a glimpse of improvements from our team last night, they really are going to have to give it everything today to get the result they want.

Unfortunately I feel it will take a miracle to beat the team that is in the most consistent form.... I never thought I would actually admire the Steelers, but this season I do (except Connolly who is a nasty, dangerous player). And this could be their year.

moggy#9

Wow! Well that wasn't the period I was expecting. I can't ever remember a goalie being pulled in the first period. Interestingly when the same goalie played on the previous match at Sheffield he looked weak on the 5 hole. Although Sanford's looked to be there, I think the other two were up high. Clearly the devils have done their scouting.

The devils play looks very measured. Always covering and giving options.

The Steelers are making some very loose plays, but all credit to the devils, there playing very well