steelers Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 7th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Back to the House of Rust for the second time in a week this Wednesday as we start our quarter final match ups against steelers. After the 3000 group stage games earlier in the season this is where it gets serious. Devils will be looking to repeat their performance from Saturday ans if you're thinking of a mid-week trip north, apparently tickets are only £8. You will however have to endure 'Sweet Caroline' and 'Cotton Eyed Joe' on loop in the arena

Rempel16

I dislike Sheffield as I imagine most do on here - but hate is a strong word. I don’t hate anyone.
In a sporting sense it’s the right term for me. Obviously there’s no resentment on a personal level but as far as a hatred for another sporting team, yeah I hate them, and losing to them sucks more than any other sporting occasion of any club that I support in any sport.

BostonBart22

Calm down dupes that statement will prob give steelers a 2 goal lead after 90 secs, fox will have his team up for this one after Saturdays game especially as he said steelers deserved to win, as long as we come back with a respectable scoreline and the tie is still up for grabs for us most fans will be happy. I'm going 5 3 steelers...just saying.

Rempel16

I hope it stokes up a rivalry again. Games are so dull and passionless these days even against our rivals.

Hopefully this stirs things up and puts some needle into Steelers games for the rest of the season. Was watching Voth’s fights video on YouTube and the games had such an edge, and it brought out so much more passion from the players and fans alike.

E.D.S.

Is this a lack of maturity from the coach or a stroke of genius?!

I think we need to win in Shuff as I don’t fancy us at home

Samael

It's nothing new, i remember Bordy saying he hates them after being here for 5 minutes. Manufactured rivalries like this sell tickets at the end of the day.

Hedd Wyn John

Calm down dupes that statement will prob give steelers a 2 goal lead after 90 secs, fox will have his team up for this one after Saturdays game especially as he said steelers deserved to win, as long as we come back with a respectable scoreline and the tie is still up for grabs for us most fans will be happy. I'm going 5 3 steelers...just saying.
I just don't like comments about hate and bulldozing.

We got a good defensive win on Saturday, the idea we're gonna bulldoze Sheffield is a bit far fetched, particularly as such comments are bound to get Sheffield fired up. Dupont has practically done Fox's team talk with those comments. I don't know the thinking behind Dupont coming up with these words - if he wants the boys fired up then say it behind closed doors.

Hedd Wyn John

It's nothing new, i remember Bordy saying he hates them after being here for 5 minutes. Manufactured rivalries like this sell tickets at the end of the day.
We're playing away tonight & it's not Duponts job to help Sheffield sell tickets and at home we'll pretty much be sold out regardless or whatever lines the coaches come up with.

Samael

You are right it isn't his job to sell tickets in Sheffield but statements like this are designed to create hype, it is pantomime season after all, which is exactly what this is. If we lose he will look foolish, he is well aware of this. I'm more worried about the result of the actual game than what the coach is saying to the media pre game.