steelers Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 7th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO

lloyd_jeff

Whilst on one hand at least Todd is willing to do a Q&A, that is great, on the other hand though these issues could so easily be dealt with by either resolving them or using social media, simple engagement. You can’t engage with fans in the good times & ignore them when it gets rough. I‘d rather see action than listen to excuses.

Kevlar68

I think it takes balls to stand in front of disgruntled fans and allow questions but it's how they're answered is what matters. If they're just deflected and that fan is happy with that then Q & A's aren't problematic. If the fan asking persists and wants a clearer answer then it can become awkward for the person receiving the question.
I think Todd is more than capable of handling a Q & A from what I've seen in the past with his public interaction, he's no shy shrinking wall flower that's for sure.

Last edited:

Finny

Anyone know what was said
From what I was told second hand.
-The club are actively looking for additions, as they always are. But there isn’t the quality out there that there has previously been.
-The club is self sufficient and isn’t run on handouts from the owners. If we needed extra money for extra signings they would, but the wage cap means that isn’t possible.
-Because of the wage cap the club aren’t able to spend as much as they have in recent seasons. The club had previously increased budget each year but the wage cap has meant we‘re back to Year 3 budget levels.
-Skalde was released as they felt the team weren’t at times prepared enough.
-Register wanted more money to return which would have meant less to spend on other players.
-Todd has never been more frustrated with a team’s consistency than this season.
-The players were reminded that we’ve overturned a 4 goal deficit to Sheffield before and will be shown the video ahead of Wednesdays game.
-The club have applied to run the lease for IAW and are optimistic of winning it.
-All the owners are still fully committed to the club. Any lack of interaction on here or social media is probably to do with them being busier with their kids now playing hockey etc.

I might have got some details wrong as I didn’t hear the questions and answer session myself.

MA18

-The club are actively looking for additions, as they always are. But there isn’t the quality out there that there has previously been.
-The club is self sufficient and isn’t run on handouts from the owners. If we needed extra money for extra signings they would, but the wage cap means that isn’t possible.
-Because of the wage cap the club aren’t able to spend as much as they have in recent seasons. The club had previously increased budget each year but the wage cap has meant we‘re back to Year 3 budget levels.
-Register wanted more money to return which would have meant less to spend on other players.
-Todd has never been more frustrated with a team’s consistency than this season.
-The players were reminded that we’ve overturned a 4 goal deficit to Sheffield before and will be shown the video ahead of Wednesdays game.
-The club have applied to run the lease for IAW and are optimistic of winning it.
-All the owners are still fully committed to the club. Any lack of interaction on here or social media is probably to do with them being busier with their kids now playing hockey etc.

I might have got some details wrong as I didn’t hear the questions and answer session myself.
Good summary, thanks for sharing.

BostonBart22

Good read, but is there really a wage cap, not seen one in writing by the league, belfast got 26 on roster before mcauly departure, god knows how many steelers got , they could probably run 2 teams, so are we sticking to the rules and other teams not, was the same scenario last season .

Samael

The club bidding to run the rink and are optimistic of getting it is the big one for me. Win or lose this year, that’s going to have a lasting impact for years to come. Allowing planet mice back into Cardiff would be a disaster.
Agreed, it was the question l wanted a response to the most.

I also think the so called department of player safety need to look at the wage cap too! It's burning out teams who are sticking to it. Seems Belfast Nottingham and Glasgow are all short benched now. I'm not saying that no cap is the answer either as that leads to all kinds of long term financial shit. This league is on thin ice as it is but something has to change as relying on 4 d men is taking its toll and quite a few teams are doing it right now. I think if Register had been on the blue line and paired with Jardine, we'd have likely seen a better performance from Sam just like when Strachan arrived and there is a good chance he wouldn't be so banged up now. All speculation of course. I wonder if the likes of Fife and Manchester will be holding the larger clubs to ransom again next year too.

Last edited: