Standing Area

Kevlar68

I guess they may be doing it that way to see what the fan reaction is of those wanting to stand, if they truely want to stand all season then they'd do it without any hesitation, i'm sure it will work great

Swarley

I guess they may be doing it that way to see what the fan reaction is of those wanting to stand, if they truely want to stand all season then they'd do it without any hesitation, i'm sure it will work great
So far I know of 20 people who are st holders who have emailed for the change over.

pjj365

Does the capacity of the block change depending on whether people are seated or standing?
I guess that technically the club are selling seats so can't increase the capacity

But the hybrid system at Celtic FC and being sought at Shrewsbury FC is said to increase capacity by up to 80% Whether this is equally true of an arena like the Viola and whether the increased numbers would cover the installation I could not even guess at

Diablo3

I hope they manage to get the numbers.
At the end of the season they can decide whether to put barriers up rather than seats. They will have to consider the effect on other activities they host, like cage fighting.

One thing is for sure, they will not move it to the other end of the arena so those in block 4 can feel safe. Let's face it Block 13 is a heck of a lot easier to repurpose than block 4.

Unless they come up against any health and safety laws I can't see the seats being removed at any point and barriers put in, they're trying to make it (and it already is) a multi purpose venue and a standing only section may not fit with that aim

Fantastic stuff if they can fill the block permanent for the rest of the season, last Saturday was great and it will only get better as it beds in and everyone gets used to it, I'm absolutely gutted I'm missing the frolunda game, the atmosphere could be insane (in a good way) for that one

pjj365

Unless they come up against any health and safety laws I can't see the seats being removed at any point and barriers put in, they're trying to make it (and it already is) a multi purpose venue and a standing only section may not fit with that aim

Fantastic stuff if they can fill the block permanent for the rest of the season, last Saturday was great and it will only get better as it beds in and everyone gets used to it, I'm absolutely gutted I'm missing the frolunda game, the atmosphere could be insane (in a good way) for that one
See this link - standing and multi purpose is possible
https://www.fercoseating.com/products/sports-seating/railseat_safe_standing_stadium_seat/

Finny

So far only 45 of the required 75 people have agreed to switch.

To be fair to fans it is short notice and not everyone checks the website/twitter every day. I hope if they don't get the 75 fans in two days then that's not the end of it for good.

The_Puck

So far only 45 of the required 75 people have agreed to switch.

To be fair to fans it is short notice and not everyone checks the website/twitter every day. I hope if they don't get the 75 fans in two days then that's not the end of it for good.
I’ve just mentioned online they should move the standing section to the other side and more fans would move for sure with the devils shooting down that side twice.

Would be strange if this didn't happen now, even with only 2 days notice it seemed like the will was there to do it, last week it was sorted in 2 or 3 days wasn't it?

I don't think there's any way the Devils will do the block the other end, not only do you have to move everyone who wants to go there but they would have to ship out all the season tickets that don't want to stand, and that's just a recipe for chaos and could also cause bad feeling in the fan base

jenks33

I’ve just mentioned online they should move the standing section to the other side and more fans would move for sure with the devils shooting down that side twice.
That’s the issue. If the standing area was down the other end of the rink they would have no problem getting 75. I wouldn’t want to be stuck in block 13 tho with the devils scoring the other end twice. I appreciate that it’s easier to have the standing section in block 13/14 tho.

The_Puck

Would be strange if this didn't happen now, even with only 2 days notice it seemed like the will was there to do it, last week it was sorted in 2 or 3 days wasn't it?

I don't think there's any way the Devils will do the block the other end, not only do you have to move everyone who wants to go there but they would have to ship out all the season tickets that don't want to stand, and that's just a recipe for chaos and could also cause bad feeling in the fan base
If they were to move it that side, then it would be done in the off season ready for next year. I agree there’s no way it could be done this year

If they were to move it that side, then it would be done in the off season ready for next year. I agree there’s no way it could be done this year
The Devils would have to be careful with doing it though in block 3, 4 or 5 (as and example) because there is the potential to upset more season ticket holders than people who want a standing section by turfing them out of the seats they've had since day 1 when the other end is a ghost town 70% of the time

Diablo3

With 3 hrs to go, it's not looking likely. The problem is that some of those that moved last week probably enjoyed it, but are not willing to give up a gold or silver seat for it permanently. With 60% perhaps they can fill it from the back with standing fans, the other 40% could be ad-hoc and let it grow from there.

The_Puck

The Devils would have to be careful with doing it though in block 3, 4 or 5 (as and example) because there is the potential to upset more season ticket holders than people who want a standing section by turfing them out of the seats they've had since day 1 when the other end is a ghost town 70% of the time
No matter what happens people are always gonna be upset by decisions by the club. So they may as well make a controversial decision that most of the fans want which is a standing section.

No matter what happens people are always gonna be upset by decisions by the club. So they may as well make a controversial decision that most of the fans want which is a standing section.
Yep you'll never please everyone, you just can't, all I'm saying is they'll have to look into it and if it's going to upset more people than it will benefit by putting it around 3, 4 or 5 then to me that would be a silly decision to make when you've got mostly unused blocks the other end.

I still find it strange if the block isn't filled for this week and beyond, the people who wanted to stand were all for it last week and now it seems they don't want to leave their seats which is confusing to me