Standing Area

The_Puck

i would have thought 95% of those in block 13 are season ticket holders. no one has mentioned it but there would be a significant drop in revenue from season ticket holders if 300 plus moved from gold/silver sections to the bronze area.
it also throws up an argument that many of us would love to join the Block 13 crew but simply my view of the end we attack twice is superior. im not sure and im still debating if im ok with this.
I’ve spoken to a few people who would’ve gone to block 13 but didn’t because we only see the devils shoot down that side once, but they would move there if it was the other side however they would move. I’m fairly certain we could sell out 2 blocks of standing if it was block 3 and 4 for example. And in that game on Saturday when we were attacking their goalie Phillips, you could see it affected him as lots of goals came one after the other. If that happened down the side he would be twice then there’s more chance of us scoring goals. My thoughts only.

Kevlar68

To many season ticket holders in block 3,4 and 5 who like to sit to ask to give up seats to make that the standing end. Being that end your near away supporters to drown them out also your voices are getting behind the players as they attack so to me it makes perfect sense to be block 13 end.

Also its a fine line of also losing season ticket holders if your looking to take the seats from blocks 3,4 or 5. so block 13 has the least amount of season ticket holders so it has to be there as not effecting a majority..

We're all fans, we all support the same team whether we stand or sit or sit and stand so the club has to do whats best to keep all season ticket holders happy.

Lose a minority of season ticket holders in Bronze block 13 or a majority of season ticket holders in Silver Block 4?
Revenue will also come in to this.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

im in block 4 and around half the seats around me were empty. a load of people all moved to 13 including the drummer. i think perhaps canvassing fans in the block on opinion. you might very well find its not many to upset; it might make people happier! people knew the drums were behind them so it certainly is a block accustomed to more noise

Swarley

If they decide on two standing blocks and move it to the gold end they've effectively managed to undo the work that the fans and katrina did by bringing the atmosphere to the dead zone of the arena, I firmly believe Bownsy played better having us behind him twice instead of the away keeper, us being louder than the away section with Bowns in front definitely kept him and the defence motivated.

Call me selfish but as I'm a season ticket holder for block 13 I want it to stay in 13 because its been empty and quiet for ages and last week we did something that a lot didn't think was possible and that was sell out an entire block for a game that most people don't even care about.

Kevlar68

Maybe jimmy but if people are willing to stand in block 13 then that will fill the dead zone so to speak and then seats available to sit in block 4 would definitely sell because of where they are you can double your sales. If you have the standing in block 4 block 13 will still be empty like it is most games.

The_Puck

Block 13 was amazing on saturday so i'm not drawing any negatives to it. If we have the loud block next to the away fans and next to the walk ups then the other side of the rink where all of the season ticket holders will be quiet. Where as if the loud block is within the season ticket holders who do chant, then more people will want to move there and will therefore generate a much better atmosphere. And besides, i was speaking to one of the security people at the game and they said they don't want it in that block as there will be issues when larger groups of fans come down, especially when they've been drinking.

Swarley

Block 13 was amazing on saturday so i'm not drawing any negatives to it. If we have the loud block next to the away fans and next to the walk ups then the other side of the rink where all of the season ticket holders will be quiet. Where as if the loud block is within the season ticket holders who do chant, then more people will want to move there and will therefore generate a much better atmosphere. And besides, i was speaking to one of the security people at the game and they said they don't want it in that block as there will be issues when larger groups of fans come down, especially when they've been drinking.
I think if they divide the standing sections to different ends of the arena it'll ruin the noise the block can bring, it's a tough one because the selfish side of me says it needs to be 13, the other other side is saying it sucks that 4 wasn't as loud, and tbh if security don't want to have to deal with fans after a few beers are they really in the right line of work? Not knocking them as I've done event security before but for them to say they don't want it down in 13 because it could cause issues is a weak excuse, Todd even posted saying how family friendly it was and if away fans kick off security kicks them out, I'd expect the same if a home fan kicked off.

pjj365

i would have thought 95% of those in block 13 are season ticket holders. no one has mentioned it but there would be a significant drop in revenue from season ticket holders if 300 plus moved from gold/silver sections to the bronze area.
it also throws up an argument that many of us would love to join the Block 13 crew but simply my view of the end we attack twice is superior. im not sure and im still debating if im ok with this.
The other cost/revenue element is the reduction in the availability of low cost seats for casuals/walk ups - will they go for the more expensive freed up silver/gold. Also, if it becomes a permanent feature will the price need to be less than bronze
Glad I'm not Todd doing the sums!

As to joining Bl13 - yes my view is better from my current seat but also my old legs couldn't stand it (pun intended)

But it is not just the standing that's the issue. The other is energizing the supporters. The chants are, at the moment, not well known around the arena. Hopefully if the experiment continues the chants will spread and the need to concentrate the fans who know them will diminish. That does not diminish the need for a noisy block.

At the moment the noisy block is being conflated with standing - that is not necessarily the case. There is a need for both standing and noisy but they do not have to go hand in hand.

So much to consider but keep Bl13 going - it will lead to better things

drainage

I have a gold ST ticket I thoroughly enjoyed standing my normal seat was sold so yes in truth I overpaid for block 13 but not bothered .......happy to do it again and worry about next seasons ST and where to go then

hip check

The atmosphere created by block 13 was brilliant, not the most entertaining game or even one of the most important but for me the atmosphere made the whole experience more enjoyable.
At times our rink has been very quiet but this trial was a resounding success imo, the club needs to stick with the idea and a big thumbs up to all in block 13 who made the atmosphere so good, the giant flags really made it for me.

pjj365

I have a gold ST ticket I thoroughly enjoyed standing my normal seat was sold so yes in truth I overpaid for block 13 but not bothered .......happy to do it again and worry about next seasons ST and where to go then
Worry next season - fine and the perfect response. Todd loves the innovation so it's up to him to sort fair ticketing pricing, filling lost gold silver seats etc. etc.

In the meantime give the experiment time to bed in.

Keep rolling Bl13

BostonBart22

Worry next season - fine and the perfect response. Todd loves the innovation so it's up to him to sort fair ticketing pricing, filling lost gold silver seats etc. etc.

In the meantime give the experiment time to bed in.

Keep rolling Bl13
one answer...put the away section prices up..believe we are the lowest in the league and am sure nottingham charge 21.00

Diablo3

I've seen loads of positive comments from fans, players and management about block 13 and everyone seems to want it to continue, I know I do, but nothing official so far to say it will this weekend.

Kevlar68

From a personal point of view i miss to many games at the beginning of the season to have a season ticket but from mid November i go to every home game and buy the same 3 seats in block 4 for each game, if that choice was taken away from me because i like those seats and have always got them since the IAW opened then i doubt i would want to buy seats in Block 13 if Block 4 was made standing. I like that view point of watching 2 attacking periods and being able to see the positioning and build up of play head on.

I booked block 2,3,and 5 just to see what the view of play was like and didn't really do it for me, so we stuck with block 4.
Again this is just my point of view on where i'm happiest at. If the fans are happy to stand in block 13 why change it?

I Agree with Kevlar, I have a season ticket in Block 4 since the IAW opened, and I like to watch the Devils from this position if I had to move I would really have to think hard about getting a season ticket next year. I'm sure many people feel the s

Imp

im in block 4 and around half the seats around me were empty. a load of people all moved to 13 including the drummer. i think perhaps canvassing fans in the block on opinion. you might very well find its not many to upset; it might make people happier! people knew the drums were behind them so it certainly is a block accustomed to more noise
It would take some proper work gathering people’s views but, as noise is unlikely to be the issue, those who wish (or need) to sit might be more willing to move to the front of block 4 than to a different one altogether.

Okay, it’s not a perfect solution, but it might be more workable than wholesale segregation.

Looks like someone read my idea Devils have just said they want minimum 75 season ticket holders to commit to moving to 13 for the rest of the season (I assume that block is about 100 seats total) other wise it's a no go