Signings for 2021/22 season

moggy#9

I think that's the last we'll see of Myers. Just a hunch. 100 Caps, largest trophy collection around. Nothing to prove. Amazing servant and a cracking player.
Hmm, I would expect him to be back for one last season to have his testimonial. I suspect that Josh fills bownsy's slot so that we can have an import goalie.

Very happy with these signings though. We're clearly getting the succession plan in place and both players meet the skalde speed/skill ethos.

does'nt waller count the same as duggan as being a young brit so not one of our five senior brits?if not then if murdy has gone to being equipment manager and we get a young british goalie then he can replace murdy and we can have five outfield senior brits.

Mooney#16

Devils don’t have Bownsy so if they have an import nettie that will require the additional Brit. Probably more signals Rutkiss might not be about as he would have been the obvious to step up. Don’t see why Waller signing would currently signal any Brit was not returning as Devils will be one import skater down on numbers they have had the last few years.

ASHIPP

I think that's the last we'll see of Myers. Just a hunch. 100 Caps, largest trophy collection around. Nothing to prove. Amazing servant and a cracking player.
And he is owed a testimonial which would have taken place last season but for lockdown.

One of the point-scoring, gritty forwards on Team GB recently, Matthew has tons left in the tank. He is still that cracking player you mention.... who is likely to be back at the Devils.

ASHIPP

Good signings, looks like Mosey may be a brit not returning imo...
Wallers signing (he is a forward) suggests more to me that maybe Ben Davies may not be joining the Devils... but we will be welcoming back Matthew, Richie and Batchy. (and Evan.. although technically classed as an import) ;)

jenks33

Thread starter #176
Wallers signing (he is a forward) suggests more to me that maybe Ben Davies may not be joining the Devils... but we will be welcoming back Matthew, Richie and Batchy. (and Evan.. although technically classed as an import) ;)
I’ll be disappointed and slightly surprised if Ben doesn’t sign with us. If Skalde wants a fast team then Ben is the perfect Brit to have on your team. I’d have him on the 3rd line with Dixon

Wannabe2

I can see Mosey returning here, wonder if Ben priced himself out, also Guildford are not going to want to lose Waller and Ben so maybe made a good offer to keep Ben. Flames are one of the richest clubs in the league apparently.

Last edited:

jenks33

Thread starter #180
There is no ice in Cardiff. Would hope Evan returns here.
I’d he happy enough if Mosey returns. I think a 3rd line of Mosey, Dixon and Ben Davies would be horrible to play against. I can see understand if Skalde doesn’t see a place for him on this team tho.
I feel for Evan. If he qualified as a Brit all the top teams in this league would be throwing money at him.