Signings for 2021/22 season

moggy#9

Matt Register is a great signing. ECHL defence-man all star team for the past few years.
Excited to see this squad coming together.
Having watched a few videos about him u think he's going to be massive for us, both on and off the ice. If our forward signings match our d men we're going to have a tough team to beat.

jenks33

Thread starter #208
I think so.
He was such a disappointment I've managed to wipe him from my memory.
I did think of Milam when I saw clips of Register on YouTube. There are definitely similarities there. Fingers crossed it works out a bit differently this time

Rempel16

My initial thoughts are that Register's signing means Fournier is definitely not returning.

Jardine was never going to be an out and out attacking defenceman.
Jardine's points output for the Bits this year suggests the exact opposite, so this is the end of Jardine in Cardiff, imo.

Ocko

Jardine's points output for the Bits this year suggests the exact opposite, so this is the end of Jardine in Cardiff, imo.
He’s not an attacking D man regardless of points. He has plenty of points but not many goals. The amount of assists he had were crazy but he isn’t a Fournier or Hotham in terms of attacking instincts. Most of his assists came from the outlet pass rather than bombing forward.

jenks33

Thread starter #216
I still think Jardine will be back
Register saying he's very good friends with Jardine is encouraging. My gut feeling though is Mikkelson and Register will be the big signing import Dmen and we won't see Jardine back here. Obviously i hope i'm wrong tho. Can you imagine a defence corps of Mikkelson, Register, Jardine, Richardson,Louis and one other?

moggy#9

Register saying he's very good friends with Jardine is encouraging. My gut feeling though is Mikkelson and Register will be the big signing import Dmen and we won't see Jardine back here. Obviously i hope i'm wrong tho. Can you imagine a defence corps of Mikkelson, Register, Jardine, Richardson,Louis and one other?
Put that together with a good goalie tandem and we'll be tough to score against. Add some speedy forwards and we could be devastating on the break.

moggy#9

Sounds like ex Steeler Dman Aaron Johnson spoke highly of us when Register questioned him about the Devils. Johnson was Register’s assistant coach in Allen
It just goes to show how important reputation is in hockey, and what a good one the devils have cultivated. That's all thanks to Todd and the owners.

Rempel16

He’s not an attacking D man regardless of points. He has plenty of points but not many goals. The amount of assists he had were crazy but he isn’t a Fournier or Hotham in terms of attacking instincts. Most of his assists came from the outlet pass rather than bombing forward.
So the same as Register in recent years then. Plus Jardine was playing on the 1st pp unit. I can’t see either of them agreeing to run the 2nd pp unit and there isn’t room for both of them on the top unit.
Fingers crossed for Jardine as well but I can’t see it.