Signings for 2021/22 season

Mazzoak

Two goalies competing for the top spot, why wasn’t this a thing before............
Seriously though, anybody thinking this team is a punt either doesn’t understand the sport, is a worried fan of another team or bullsh8ting. This isn’t a team that’ll hit the ice with a guaranteed result, this is a team that’ll be coached to succeed. Skalde with the cards we’ve been dealt thanks to the missed years has done a recruitment job only a coach of his calibre & experience could do.

I can’t wait, this is going to be like a group of horny teenagers being let loose in Amsterdam with there cool, slightly irresponsible uncle.......it ain’t going to be pretty, it will be entertaining.

jenks33

Thread starter #403
EIHL Rumours page on twitter also saying Haddad won’t be back. If it’s true I didn’t expect our player overhaul to be quite so drastic. Just the five players returning! I thought around 8 players would be back

Wannabe2

We will have a team more than capable of winning the league, Skalde will be putting his own personal stamp on his team and it will a pleasure to watch and support. Big things ahead for our club and you just got to love it, who will come 2nd in the league is anyone’s guess. Happy Hockey Days, Stay Safe All.

august04 2.0

This season is going to be a lot of fun and I like the way the team is shaping up. Our goaltending looks great, we have 2 genuine starters in my opinion which I think will help us enormously this year and in the CHL in particular. We look solid at the back end so far and I think we'll be better defensively than in our last season. Add to that a younger, faster forward line up, with some physical presence thrown in too with Louis and McNally (and Carruth!!). Perhaps a couple of decent signings to come and I think we'll be ready to give it a good crack this season. We may not win the league, who knows, but I think we'll be royally entertained. The start of the season can't come quickly enough.

Kevlar68

Think he is a prick doing this after what the devils done for him I heard this a while back he wanted to look around even though devils offerd him a new contract ! Better off with out someone like him
Have to just put another side to it here.
Do you think Joey Martin wasn't offered a contract? I'm sure he was but he chose a contract with Graz does that make him a prick as well? You could say every player that has left us who may have been offered a contract are pricks, you can't single out just one player.
Any player will take the better deal

James

Administrator
A players career is short. You can't criticise them for following the money or a better deal. It stings as it shuff but it doesn't make him a prick.

moggy#9

Think he is a prick doing this after what the devils done for him I heard this a while back he wanted to look around even though devils offerd him a new contract ! Better off with out someone like him
A bit harsh, don't you think? Yes, it's disappointing to lose a player like mosey, but we don't know the circumstances. Whilst I'd have preferred him not to go to Sheffield, it is his decision. The best way to respond is with grace, and by denying the Steelers any silverware this season.

A bit harsh, don't you think? Yes, it's disappointing to lose a player like mosey, but we don't know the circumstances. Whilst I'd have preferred him not to go to Sheffield, it is his decision. The best way to respond is with grace, and by denying the Steelers any silverware this season.
No don’t think it is harsh from what I know about it all But everyone is welcome to their own opinion ! But I agree on even bigger reason to stick it up the oranges

I would hope you’ve got your facts right and this is not just hearsay that you’re spreading your opinion on him.
If not I would say that it would be you that is the prick………No offence like!!

Sorry James, I know it’s not what you want to see on the forum.

Ocko

Maybe we didn’t want him?

I personally wasn’t arsed if he was back or not. He was alright but not spectacular. Once we signed players who were quite obviously depth players it was obvious he wasn’t coming back a number of weeks ago. I know he was popular but he isn’t a first or second line player and they’re the only vacancies we’ve had for a while. He’s a third line utility player of which I think we already have and in good quality.

I would hope you’ve got your facts right and this is not just hearsay that you’re spreading your opinion on him.
If not I would say that it would be you that is the prick………No offence like!!

Sorry James, I know it’s not what you want to see on the forum.
Haha key board warrior rite by there ! Say that to my face