Signings for 2021/22 season

Wannabe2

Not too upset myself, good player when fully fit but perhaps those days are gone, but obviously wish him well. Skalde needs this team to be his team, and his recruiting to me has been first class and we are looking very very good. This is a club that wants and expect silverware and in that position you can’t take gambles on players, Evan was treated very well whilst with us like all players, but it was probably time to move on by both parties. So many new faces exciting times for sure, it’s going to feel like going to your first game all over again, can’t fault it.

moggy#9

Maybe we didn’t want him?

I personally wasn’t arsed if he was back or not. He was alright but not spectacular. Once we signed players who were quite obviously depth players it was obvious he wasn’t coming back a number of weeks ago. I know he was popular but he isn’t a first or second line player and they’re the only vacancies we’ve had for a while. He’s a third line utility player of which I think we already have and in good quality.
That's a fair observation. The main role I could have seen for him was in defence, but obviously the coach has specific plans. Frankly I don't get the bitterness - this isn't Rick brebant that we're taking about.

Devil94

It is what it is. Thought Mosey might have been an ideal player for Skalde's speed philosophy, but Skalds obviously thinks we've got better instead. And I think he might be right, as well as someone younger and less injury prone.

It's a shame he's gone to them but won't be losing sleep over it.

Have Hope#35

He mentions a deal falling through with Cardiff in his interview so it sounds like something stalled for one reason or another! A fully fit Mosey would've been great given his versitility but for whatever reason it wasn't to be. Shame to lose a good locker guy too but he's not the first we've had to get over losing this season!

Wannabe2

You can bet your bottom dollar there’s a few new fans favourites waiting in the wings, and long may it continue. It’s been far too long to not be allowed home, it’s going to be Xmas, Halloween, Easter all in one at our first home game. So much to savour and to look forward to, hope the roof is tightly secured as it’s going to be one noisy and explosive night, hope all you guys got your best ticket in town secured, it’s going to be rocking and rolling by the dock of the bay.

Wannabe2

I know I am a bit slow these days, but I have only just realised we only have only 2 returning imports, that unbelievable plus 11 new faces so far with more to come. Dixon and Louis returning imports and that’s it, very strange days indeed throw in a new coach also, starting to wonder if I will recognise anyone in block 1 when we return.

august04 2.0

Good luck to the bloke (even at Sheffield!), but can’t say I'm bothered at all. He appeared to be a fun guy to have around but was pretty average for us really. I think his versatility goes against him, really not top 2 line standard either up front or at the back. We won’t miss him on the ice.

Hate to see Mosey go, especially to the darkside. But it does seem like he wasn't gonna be in Skalde' plans so it was best for him to move on. All the best to him I say! Roll on the season, it's looking to be a very good one.

moggy#9

Again, a key part of this is where he would have fitted on our depth chart. That would have affected how much he was offered. I wonder whether his injury history would have impacted that. Ultimately I guess there was a gap that couldn't be bridged, but that happens in sport. Skalde's approach was always going to be different, we have to accept that and move on. It's no one's fault, it's just the nature of the game.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Rutkis and Preece to Dundee Stars.
I think this could be a good move for Rutkis,Pacha will give him a lot of ice time.
I felt that rutkis had stalled a bit with us. I think that Waller has a lot more upside for us, particularly given skalde's philosophy. Hopefully rutkis will benefit from the change of scenery too.

ASHIPP

Sorry to see Evan go. A dynamic player and fan favorite but unfortunately injury prone. We had glimpses of his skills for a couple of months at a time, and then another injury. Wish him all the best at Sheffield. He already knows a lot of the players there.

Our new Coach is his own man. It's good to see. There is a thread running through all his recruitment.... impact players who are consistent and fit, with experience of several leagues. Apart from the British signings, all other players have either been coached by Jarrod in the past, or known to him.

It's very exciting.

BostonBart22

You can bet your bottom dollar there’s a few new fans favourites waiting in the wings, and long may it continue. It’s been far too long to not be allowed home, it’s going to be Xmas, Halloween, Easter all in one at our first home game. So much to savour and to look forward to, hope the roof is tightly secured as it’s going to be one noisy and explosive night, hope all you guys got your best ticket in town secured, it’s going to be rocking and rolling by the dock of the bay.
Thats if we are allowed full capacity for the first game...

Can't say I'm too bothered really. Was a terrific guy and obviously great for the locker room but on the ice he's easily replaceable. In fact when you take into account the injuries and stuff too I'm relieved he's gone tbh as you always worry about when the next injury will happen and sometimes after a big injury like that players just aren't quite to the same level they once were. I wish Evan all the best though, but of course not against us.