Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

jenks33

Looks a good addition to the D corps
Anyone else think whoever Sheffield sign you’re not convinced Fox will ever get them over the line? I think they’ve still got 4 or 5 players to announce and no doubt some of those will be impressive signings but I feel Sheffield should have moved on this summer. Fox has spent enough time and money there now to get them closer to where they probably feel they should be. I feel like they’ve choked a bit during the important periods under him.

You watch, they’ll win the league by 10 points now…

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Anyone else think whoever Sheffield sign you’re not convinced Fox will ever get them over the line? I think they’ve still got 4 or 5 players to announce and no doubt some of those will be impressive signings but I feel Sheffield should have moved on this summer. Fox has spent enough time and money there now to get them closer to where they probably feel they should be. I feel like they’ve choked a bit during the important periods under him.

You watch, they’ll win the league by 10 points now…
Agree, if fox don't deliver next season he's out, it's his last season guaranteed if no silverware .

Belfast are building a sound roster but I don't think we should be in awe or fear them. Even last season I dont think our rosters conparitively were too lopsided ability wise. We took a decent share of points against them with I think we can all argue on paper a weak roster by recent devils standards, and were only 10 points adrift come season end. What really killed us was coaching and the issues which stemmed from that (powerplay, poor line combos, in game decisions etc) and I truly hope we have rectified that.

Also our decisiveness to react to turn around poor performance. Belfast were ruthless and identified issues and rectified it with good recruitment whilst we stuck flogging a dead horse. I really hope we have learnt from this and are hyper active if things aren't going our way, however it does concern me as history shows us being stubborn. I really hope Russell is ruthless and has the backing of management if required else odds on for no silverware again.

Devils86

i have to say i like how all the teams of all clubs are coming together , its going to be a competiive season. it looks like the avarage age on all teams is dropping so should be a faster game experience .
There may, hopefully, be a degree of some of the teams (that are less likely to challenge) acknowledging that entertainment puts bums on seats...

Entertainment could be goals, could be hits, could be fights... but every team NEEDS TO SELL! Get every last body through the doors, get that ticket money and secondary spend through the doors....however you can.

As (I suspect) a home fan in Scotland you can't visit your home rink expecting to win against Giants, us, or Steelers - it might happen but you couldn't expect it. What the home fans should be able to depend upon is a team that will fight and scrap and work hard, that if a visiting team is going to take the points home with them, they will need to work hard to do it.

The days of goons, and enforcers, are probably gone, but every team should play to their strengths...

Fast forward to November and me bitching about how Clan are just 'out to hurt' our skilled players lol