Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

Skippy

Capitals don't appear to have announced anyone as coach as yet.

Wonder if Danny Stewart will end up at the Clan ? Theres the Longmuir connection that might get him in there.

CCS Stars have released Jamie Wilson

Published: 30/06/2011 at 20:19

Dundee CCS Stars have released former Fife Flyers' captain Jamie Wilson from his contract before the player had played a game for the Taysiders.

Wilson put pen to paper in May and was to meet up with his team-mates at pre-season training camp in August. However the Fifer recently asked to be released and this request was accepted by Stars' head coach, Dan Ceman.

Dan commented, "After the recent developments in Fife, Jamie contacted me and stated that playing in Fife was a more convenient situation for him and that his old team needed his help. As difficult a situation that this puts us in we felt that releasing him was the right thing to do. We only want players who are totally committed to the Stars and we knew his heart wasn't in Dundee. We were delaying the announcement of his signing at Jamie's request and now unfortunately this is the result. However what's done is done and we will move on and I am already speaking to possible replacements."

Ceman is already building an impressive roster for the new season and is confident that Stars will be a very competitive team during the campaign.

http://dundeestars.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=474

Rempel16

Steve Makway has also left the Stars, signed for Evansville.

Personally I'm gutted about this one. Had some great banter with him and for me he was a standout player in a not-too-great team.

Shame he's left. A real character.

TheStub

Re: Re: Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

Rossboy19 said:
Lee Esders signs for steelers

All quiet in the simmsey camp tho...
You mean, considering how poor Dave claimed him to be last season?

TheStub

Why do you think it was sneaked out as one line on another release.

Simmsey working up to admitting they signed a Brit that shouldn't be at Elite level (in his opinion). But he's never skated against him, so what does he know that Finner doesn't.

Koop11

Rempel16 said:
That's a shame. I think he would have been a decent replacemernt for Weller (no not at the same level) with the stye of game he played and the minutes he put on the ice.

A character lost. Everyone's replaceable though.

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:

Personally I'm gutted about this one. Had some great banter with him and for me he was a standout player in a not-too-great team.

Shame he's left. A real character.
Despite the grief Makway received from Dundee fans, he was actually a very good stay-at-home defenceman once Dan Ceman cut Makway's insane icetime back to normal shifts! Shame he's returned to North America - he was on a few wish lists before last season and I would have loved to see him play for the Devils.

Wannabe2

Mike Berry apparently signing for the Stingrays, was at the Vipers 2 seasons ago and totalled 59 points from 56 games. If i remember correct he was also a feisty little blighter, good on them.