Shirt off his back

Devil94

Couldn't have been a fix, there would be no way they'd make it that obvious.

As many have said, sounds like a bunch was taken out at the same time. Whoever was in charge should have spotted the consecutive numbers and put some back. I'm sure Todd wouldn't have read them all out had he realised at the beginning.

Leighton

It wasn't a fix. I was standing behind the guy who won five when the numbers were called.

It's just a complete b#^^s up.

I can't think about it any longer, it's just making me angry and its going up sour me on the club. I'm so dissapointed in the club for allowing it to happen.

Leighton

In a word yes.

People buy tickets for a fair draw. The draw clearly wasn't fair.

I dont think anyone here thinks that the club deliberately set out to con people.but if you think the numbers pulled were random you're barking.

Therefore people feel conned.

I spent fifty quid. If I saw 23 non-sequential numbers on the screen I would've thought "ah well" but 3 sets of sequential numbers?

In a word yes.

People buy tickets for a fair draw. The draw clearly wasn't fair.

I dont think anyone here thinks that the club deliberately set out to con people.but if you think the numbers pulled were random you're barking.

Therefore people feel conned.

I spent fifty quid. If I saw 23 non-sequential numbers on the screen I would've thought "ah well" but 3 sets of sequential numbers?
I bought £50.00 worth at Vothers shirt retirement game and won nothing .. did I feel ripped off ? No I bloody well didn't I felt exactly the same as I did every time I never win the lottery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I bought £50.00 worth at Vothers shirt retirement game and won nothing .. did I feel ripped off ? No I bloody well didn't I felt exactly the same as I did every time I never win the lottery

The people doing the draw should have ensured the person (Bordy?) was taking out one at a time and shaking the hat in between. That they didn't and then failed to notice the bundle handed to them was a shame. Then to miss the fact that 5 tickets were sequential, another 4 tickets sequential, another 2 sequential, and a further 2 sequential was a huge mistake. Finally, someone when listing the numbers for the screen should have noticed them; I mean everyone around me noticed within a few seconds.

Do we feel ripped off? Of course we do! I don't know how anyone could fail to feel aggrieved.

The club have been amazing this year at falling over to please the fan base.

This one will be tough to rectify. How they ever handed out the shirts when most of the arena were booing a few minutes after the announcement is beyond understanding.

Unless Todd pulls a rabbit out of the hat with this one their future takings will be down I'm assuming for the rest of the season.

We still have our tickets and hope at the very least a refund is proposed.

A final note; seems on Twitter someone mentioned that one of the staff working directly for Todd was verbally abused; if that's the case then it's really sad and I hope the club took note of the offender(s) so at the very least they make an apology to her.

Ocko

I spent 20 quid, don't feel conned just feel bad that this should've been a great thing for the club and it's turned very sour. No one will be more annoyed than Todd about this.

Being conned is this; in the Weller year my brother who was only 15/16 at the time bought 3 tickets when Weller's jersey was up for grabs but they didn't follow sequentially (I.e 1,2,4). The ticket that he should've had, had it been in sequence ended up being the winning ticket... who was the lucky winner? The seller of the SOHB tickets!

matbur

Sad to hear someone has been verbally abusive towards a member of staff over it.

It was an annoying balls up, yes, but it's not some underhand conspiracy.

Lessons to be learned moving forward but nobody deserves to be verbally abused over it.

First point - All those people who say they won't buy tickets anymore are only making it easier for people who'll still buy them to win. Simple maths will tell you that if there's less tickets bought you have a better chance of winning.

Second point - who ever won the jerseys paid exactly the same amount of money as everyone else to win a jersey. Just because someone wins multiple jerseys doesn't make it a "Fix". Trust me there's a lot more unexplained things in the world than an anomolie in a SOHB draw.

Lastly - things like SOHB and 50/50 help to run the club. If this means we get to have an extra skater in the sprint to the league title I'm all for it.

These events aren't going to stop me buying tickets and I'll continue to support the club in anyway possible.

Why is there bickering among everyone on here.....join together don't buy tickets from SOHB and email TK on the email he sent out for complaints on previous threads.

Abusing staff is beyond a joke that person should be banned and made an example of, some of those staff are volunteers!

Even though the winner is profiteering from the mistake, he is doing what he is down to a club mistake, no need to rip into him about his house....that's stooping to a lower level than TROLLS!!! I am ashamed to read such negativity and hateful abuse against a fellow fan!

I have every faith in TK who is no doubt stressed to his eye balls over this disaster and is currently doing everything he can to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I can't see it being a conspiracy that's just outrageous also!!!

One email to TK on behalf of all the fans stating the issues each and everyone has will go further than abuse and moans on this forum!!!

E.D.S.

A con? No. Poorly executed? Yes. Look at how responsive this club has been to fans needs and feedback. I bet they are now just as gutted as all of us with SOHB. They wanted to do this to reward us but it back fired. Bet TK, Owners and back room staff are properly gutted and will no doubt release some sort of statement soon.
A school boy error but no more in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

I buy several tickets every game and have never won a SOHB....and honestly never expect to because of the odds.It's just fun to think I might win! It certainly won't stop me continuing to support SOHB/ 50-50 every week as these are very important regular moneyspinners that help support our Club.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Common sense could have prevailed by limiting one jersey to one person when they were handed out. That way 23 fans would have won the opportunity to own a very special jersey instead of one or two people owning 5+ between them.

The person now selling them on Twitter can do what he wants with them. But to sell them immediately after the event at ridiculous prices just demonstrates abject greed. Also devalues the jerseys because he clearly doesn't want to keep them.Pity really - so many Devils' fans would have treasured those jerseys.

Very sad to hear that one of the off-ice team was verbally abused over this. Understand sentiments might be running high but behaviour like that is unacceptable.

Perhaps the Club can figure out a different way to manage mass 'lottery' type draws in the future.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

First point - All those people who say they won't buy tickets anymore are only making it easier for people who'll still buy them to win. Simple maths will tell you that if there's less tickets bought you have a better chance of winning.

Second point - who ever won the jerseys paid exactly the same amount of money as everyone else to win a jersey. Just because someone wins multiple jerseys doesn't make it a "Fix". Trust me there's a lot more unexplained things in the world than an anomolie in a SOHB draw.

Lastly - things like SOHB and 50/50 help to run the club. If this means we get to have an extra skater in the sprint to the league title I'm all for it.

These events aren't going to stop me buying tickets and I'll continue to support the club in anyway possible.
That's a great for you, so why buy the tickets in the first place? Surely you might as well give your money direct?

I haven't suggested it's a fix. Poor judgement on all involved yes. You'd hope someone with a bit of sense would have noticed.

It's a shame for the club but the only way to come out of it in a positive manner now that they have handed out all the shirts is to find a way of reimbursing people who feel they've lost out unfairly.

It was poor execution on a night where it should have been 23 individuals walking away each with a lovely unique jersey, whereas it seems they've fallen into the hands of greed and somebody is now only interested in making a lot of money off them.
I'm not sure we'll have a statement though, maybe just an apology verbally at the next home game v Stars?