Season ticket tracker

Chris

Administrator
If you're not going to update it at least regularly, why go to the effort of having someone code/build the thing?

If updating a small feature on the website is such a drain on resources and man power, perhaps they shouldn't bother next time around if a request for it to actually be updated is going to wind somebody up that much.

Chris.

A

Anonymous

I cant believe your all moaning about such a thing! When I bought my tickets for the play off game against the Steelers there was a hair inside the envelope !

Finny

Chris said:
If you're not going to update it at least regularly, why go to the effort of having someone code/build the thing?

If updating a small feature on the website is such a drain on resources and man power, perhaps they shouldn't bother next time around if a request for it to actually be updated is going to wind somebody up that much.

Chris.
But what if the person who updates it, isn't in the office for a day or two and so the website can't be updated?
Have we actually got proof that it hasn't been updated every day?

I would guess the system works like this:

1. Fan fills in form.
2. Form is handed in.
3. Form is put in a pile to processed on the system
4. Website is updated.

Now there are lots of reasons why #3 might be delayed. Either the person who does it could be away, or tied up with something else. I would guess that if I popped down there tomorrow to sort out my season ticket - it wouldn't be fully processed and added to the system there and then.

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #64
Finny said:
Chris said:

Chris.
But what if the person who updates it, isn't in the office for a day or two and so the website can't be updated?

1. Fan fills in form.
2. Form is handed in.
4. Website is updated.

Now there are lots of reasons why #3 might be delayed. Either the person who does it could be away, or tied up with something else. I would guess that if I popped down there tomorrow to sort out my season ticket - it wouldn't be fully processed and added to the system there and then.[/quote]

Few days turnaround on them.

Chris

Administrator

1. Fan fills in form.
2. Form is handed in.
4. Website is updated.

Now there are lots of reasons why #3 might be delayed. Either the person who does it could be away, or tied up with something else. I would guess that if I popped down there tomorrow to sort out my season ticket - it wouldn't be fully processed and added to the system there and then.
Surely there's more than one person who has access to the website, and even if there isn't another person, having someone to cover jobs if you're not there is standard procedure in most workplaces?

I have no idea if it isn't updated everyday, but a request was made for it to be which doesn't seem all that unreasonable. If whoever does have access to the website is so amazingly busy they don't have 5minutes, or potentially even less to update the ticker i'd be amazed.

People involved with the club read these forums, perhaps it's time they decided to actually post themselves and confirm how often it's updated? Or is that another unreasonable request?

Chris.

Finny

Chris said:
People involved with the club read these forums, perhaps it's time they decided to actually post themselves and confirm how often it's updated? Or is that another unreasonable request?
Chris.
You know the club don't want to post on this forum, as it used to get out of hand under the previous owner.
The way I see it, the website wasn't updated for a couple of days this month. This seemed to coincide with the Devils offices moving across the city. At a guess I would say that over that moving period, the season ticket tracker was not high on their list of priorities.

I really can't believe this has created so much discussion!!!!

Chris

Administrator
It only got out of hand because Bob had multiple usernames and then turned to banning people who spoke negatively of Sheffield. The first posts the club put on here under the new ownership hardly ended up with everyone getting banned or the discussion turning into a ridiculous rant.

But that's besides the point, people involved with the club are happy for others to post their views, but they won't do it themselves, this is hardly making things any better. Hell even Andy Buxton posts over on the Blaze boards and they've had ups and downs with the club. Oddly enough on Saturday 17th April, almost a month ago now the club saw fit to contact people and set the word straight on the season ticket sales...

I have no doubt that the ticker isn't high on the list of priorities, the point still stands though about why commission it in the first place if it's not going to be updated. Even with a turnaround of several days on the season ticket applications there would be a few processed more or less each day unless everyone is sorting theirs out on the same day - highly unlikely but possible I guess.

All it would take is one post - from the club - to confirm when it's being updated and the discussion would die off, instead we'd be talking about the success of the season ticket sales.

Chris.

Finny

I thought it was being updated?

Wasn't there a post a day or two ago confirming that they total was increasing again?

Finny

Just checked this own thread and according to that:

Thurs 6th May - 414
Tues 18th May - 419
Thurs 20th May - 437
Tues 25th May - 465
Wed 26th May - 483

So it is being updated after all!!!!

The original suggestion was that 28 in one day was too many - and so it hadn't been updated in a while. However, we've had an update of 18 in just one day.
Dare we suggest we've had a massive over-reaction on here ?????

Chris

Administrator
Or the club have been paying attention to the forum and have updated it each day as DevilDom originally asked/requested...

Chris.

DevilDom

Finny said:
Just checked this own thread and according to that:

Thurs 6th May - 414
Tues 18th May - 419
Thurs 20th May - 437
Tues 25th May - 465
Wed 26th May - 483

So it is being updated after all!!!!

The original suggestion was that 28 in one day was too many - and so it hadn't been updated in a while. However, we've had an update of 18 in just one day.
Dare we suggest we've had a massive over-reaction on here ?????
Yes, I think your right. There has been an over reaction from the mouth piece of the club at the slightest, mere hint of criticism of something done (or not done) by the club! ;)

osh

Fair play Finny, as always we can rely on you to defend the Devils organisation in everything they do. Let's not forget how bad the main Devils website was last season, i.e many days passing before a match report was included etc. It's about time that the organisation faces up to the fact that the main website is not all it should be. Personally, I learn more from the Inferno than I ever do from the Devil's site, and that shouldn't be the case really. Long live the Inferno!!

Finny

Chris said:
Or the club have been paying attention to the forum and have updated it each day as DevilDom originally asked/requested...

Chris.
But this very thread is proof that they were updating it regularly already - isn't it?

I haven't been checking the website everyday, however between DevilDom and Ger-Devil - they appear to have been checking it every other day or so. And every time it has increased.

When you look at the dates of the post on this thread - DevilDom's argument makes even less sense:

Start of May there are several of us posting about whether we think we will have a surge in May. I suggest that it will be in the final 2 weeks, which Phil Thomas agrees with - and with his experience he probably knows better than most.

6th May - Ger-Devil posts the total is 414.
18th May - DevilDom posts the total has risen to 419. Not much but then we didn't expect it to yet.
19th May - DevilDom posts again suggesting that the website is not being updated regularly - or we haven't sold a single season ticket for a week or more. However, those two previous posts suggest different don't they? We sold 5 tickets by my calculations and that was in the period of the offices moving.
20th May - Ger-Devil posts again that it has been increased to 437.
25th May - DevilDom posts the new total as 465. And then later complains that the website isn't being updated enough.

To me that shows that they have been updating the website after all? We expected it to pick up in these final two weeks and that is exactly what has happened. So there is no proof that the club have only started adding up the totals more recently, but there are people saying they only went down in the last week to sort it out.

Finny

DevilDom said:
Yes, I think your right. There has been an over reaction from the mouth piece of the club at the slightest, mere hint of criticism of something done (or not done) by the club! ;)
I thought more of you than to resort to petty name calling.

You suggested the club weren't updating the website. This thread pretty much proves that suggestion wrong.
We were expecting the start of the month to be quiet sales-wise and then pick up heavily in the final week and a bit. That's exactly what we got.

Unless of course you are suggesting the club have purposely done this so that my prediction at the start of the month appears correct. In which case surely that makes the club my mouth-piece, not the other way around? ;)

Chris

Administrator
Thurs 6th May - 414
Tues 18th May - 419
Thurs 20th May - 437
Tues 25th May - 465
Wed 26th May - 483
Even with the dates you posted above, that's not updated everyday until yesterday and today. I'm not dense enough to think season ticket applications arrive everyday, but I also doubt they all arrive on the same day.

The posts were never about the whole website, the posts were about the season ticket ticker, you even went on to defend the people supposedly tasked with doing this to say they may not have had enough time.

That the club continue to watch this forum and others, how on earth could that possibly be the case. Instead of others posting on behalf of the club or certain individuals, they could turn up on here and just state how often it is being updated, hardly an unreasonable request.

I also think we're both aware this forum isn't viewed by the majority of Devils fans, so a couple of people posting on here that they've only been down recently to sort the season tickets out is not reflective of the majority of fans.

This whole thread could have been avoided if the people who have accounts on the boards and are part of the club had replied instead of expecting/asking others to do it for them.

Chris.

i think the club have better things to do than tell fans why or why not the season ticket tracker isn't updated on as regular a basis as they wished. Is this really that big a deal? Were lucky to even have the damn thing and all its done is caused arguments :lol:

Chris

Administrator
i think the club have better things to do than tell fans why or why not the season ticket tracker isn't updated on as regular a basis as they wished. Is this really that big a deal? Were lucky to even have the damn thing and all its done is caused arguments :lol:
They almost certainly do, however if they're going to use other people to post on their behalf to explain the reasons why then what do they really expect?

I'm so unbelievably fed up of them thinking that we have no idea what they're doing, as i've already stated several times, they watch these forums and in some cases they post on here, that they refuse to post here when a genuine question is asked is quite interesting I guess.

It's a big deal if they've requested the feature, it's been built for them and it's then not updated, what's the point in having it. Again this goes back to the club expecting/asking others to post on their behalf on these forums.

It hadn't caused an argument until this thread came back to life in the past couple of days. So far it doesn't even appear to be an argument, there are people disagreeing with each other yes, but it's hardly turned into some of the other ridiculous threads we've seen on here.

Chris.

Finny

Chris - if you are suggesting that the club have asked me to reply to this thread then I can confirm that is 100% wrong. The club haven't contacted me at all regarding this or any other thread on here. I'm simply posting my own view on here like we are all allowed to.

The last time I spoke to anyone from the club was at the start of the week, when I was asking what hours the new offices are open so I could work out when to pop down to sort out my own season ticket.