Season ticket tracker

Chris

Administrator
That's what was said, but the rumour is it was considerably less due to something going wrong, i'm led to believe sales are up this season and we're probably close to, if not already past last seasons total already.

Chris.

drainage

Has anyone had confirmation their application has been received ? Had season ticket for last few seasons but heard nothing yet?????????

drainage said:
Has anyone had confirmation their application has been received ? Had season ticket for last few seasons but heard nothing yet?????????
i emailed them, they said they are in the process of sendign out letters of confirmation also states the dates the dd's will be out.

These will be out within the next couple of weeks

wildthing74

drainage said:
I doubt we will hear for a while.I went in 3 weeks back to pay for my family ticket.All I got was a receipt to say I paid in full.
When I asked when we would get any info I got the next few weeks line.They no doubt very busy this time of year but even a standard acknowledgement letter would maybe be a bit more professional.After all they do know the end of season is coming and they are going to be touting for new season tickets.

If you're application says you want to pay in full and the money hasn't gone I'd phone them to check it got there. Mine got lost in the post so I had to fill in a new form over the phone.

BBW said:
I bought mine yesterday, and was told that we have already passed last year's total.
Well that means there were less than 345 season ticket holders last year! So after all the spin of a record season ticket numbers last year (close to 500) it was all a lie.

Hate to say I told you so Finny but I told you so, if you want to deny it check back on the search function.

Finny

BBW said:
I bought mine yesterday, and was told that we have already passed last year's total.
Who told you that?

Sponge Bob - I have spoken to the office today and they don't know who has said we have broken last seasons total already. It certanly wasn't Paul or Simon. Last years total for 'regular' season tickets was 480.
To be so close that number already is fantastic and hope we smash through the 500 barrier.

I didn't take a name sorry Finny, but I am sure that is what I was told.

I wish I hadn't bothered posting, as I thought the sales figure was good, and didn't post to get drawn towards the axe that Sponge Bob clearly needs to grind against the Devils' head.

I fed up with everything the Devils do being turned into amunition for somebody to take a shot with - there's too much of that on this forum at the moment.

I know it is a forum, but there is a difference between healthy debate & constructive criticism and negativity, and I am not a fan of the latter.

I will butt out until people cool down.

BBW said:

I wish I hadn't bothered posting, as I thought the sales figure was good, and didn't post to get drawn towards the axe that Sponge Bob clearly needs to grind against the Devils' head.

I fed up with everything the Devils do being turned into amunition for somebody to take a shot with - there's too much of that on this forum at the moment.

I know it is a forum, but there is a difference between healthy debate & constructive criticism and negativity, and I am not a fan of the latter.

+1, things have definitely gone a little OTT at the moment

Wannabe2

BBW said:

Its a forum mate and your comments are as valid and as important as anyones,

Chris

Administrator
Then why don't people argue their point back?

Surely that's the whole point of the forum, to actually discuss opinions, not refuse to post because someone doesn't like yours, or because you don't like someone elses.

If everyone is just going to go down the route of saying they won't post until other people stop posting their opinion, heck we might as well shut the forum down and save ourselves a lot of time and money.

Chris :|

Finny

BBW said:

Woooooaaaaaahhh, calm down. I wasn't having a go at you. It was simply a question, like was it someone on reception, or over the phone etc.
Please don't stop posting on here, as Chris said if everyone did that it would get pretty boring.

Finny said:
BBW said:

Woooooaaaaaahhh, calm down. I wasn't having a go at you. It was simply a question, like was it someone on reception, or over the phone etc.
Please don't stop posting on here, as Chris said if everyone did that it would get pretty boring.
I can actually see where BBW is coming from. I love this forum and people having decent arguments and debates but I've been bored all season with people just waiting for the management to fail. Thats probably the only thing that annoys me on here.

"Oh I went into the office and they wrote with black pen ... the old management used to use blue pen and it was way better ...."

"I phoned the office and the phone rang 3 times before someone answered ... this would never have happened with the old management."

etc.

MOVE ON

All I remember with the 'old management' is wondering whether we'd actually be able to finish the season or not. With the new management we actually heard during the season that the owner had personal problems yet did it even affect us? No, we didn't need fans up and down the country with bucket collections to help us see the season out like in the past it was dealt with privately and a new CEO/owner/whatever he is was found straight away. Yet people still want to criticise them for absolutely everything they do. We have a team that finished in the top four (despite not being one of the 'big 4'), lost the Play-Off Final on penalty shots, lost the CC final by 1 goal, and seem to be closer to a proper new rink than ever before and yet all people seem to worry about is the trivial little things that just don't matter.

As long as we have a team that are getting paid and are happy, I don't think the behind the scenes stuff should matter to any of us ... just enjoy the hockey!

As for season ticket numbers .. every company puts spin on things .. good companies anyway. Would you buy a season ticket from someone who said 'yeh nobody else is buying one' or from someone who said 'Wow its nearly record, don't miss out, everyone's getting one!" :D

Finny, I didn't think you were having a go at me merely responding to the post that quoted me, so no offence taken.

I hadn't actually expressed an opinion to be disagreed with, just got a bit peed off with bullets firing around all the time.

I love a good debate and healthy disagreement, but have to confess I am fed up with the current level of sniping.

I won't stop posting (I'm incapable of that level of restraint). As you said, no posting, no forum. I'll just refrain from posting when I got up at 6 in the morning and am a bit tetchy.

Chris

Administrator
Off topic but...

Surely that's the best time to post though? Rather than having a forum full of people agreeing with each other, we need some characters or differing opinions :)

Chris.