Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

Some chatter about the signing maybe being brodeur. If it were, I'm not sure how I'd feel. I wasn't massively impressed with him at Manchester and didn't place him at the besky/carruth level.

august04 2.0

Some chatter about the signing maybe being brodeur. If it were, I'm not sure how I'd feel. I wasn't massively impressed with him at Manchester and didn't place him at the besky/carruth level.
I thought he was OK personally. With Bowns in the team, I’m not sure we're ever going to get someone like Carruth/Besko as I think those guys would want to start most games and would demand top dollar too. I can’t imagine Bowns came cheap and the club don’t seem to like him being sat on the bench for the majority of games. 50/50 Bowns/Brodeur would be OK I think.

moggy#9

I thought he was OK personally. With Bowns in the team, I’m not sure we're ever going to get someone like Carruth/Besko as I think those guys would want to start most games and would demand top dollar too. I can’t imagine Bowns came cheap and the club don’t seem to like him being sat on the bench for the majority of games. 50/50 Bowns/Brodeur would be OK I think.
I don't know. I'd hoped that bowns and kozun would be 50-50 and we know how that turned out. From what I saw of brodeur he wasn't really much better than kozun. I just don't see us winning the league with bowns as our number one. I hope I'm wrong.

TL91

I have to laugh at this forum’s views on netminding at times. Many say how they’d love to see Cowley here from Angers - watched him maybe 3 times? Maybe stood on his head for a weekend but do you know how he goes the rest of the season? Probably not but we’d love him here. Fast forward 6 months and everyone prob digging him out. Now we’re happy to take Brodeur from Storm…I remember he played extremely well one game against us, but then saw on a Storm feed they were quite happy not to have him back….a team who will fight for a play off spot when 8 teams get it in a 10 team league. Guess it just shows we’re all armchair fans really and should leave it to the experts eh?

lloyd_jeff

I have to laugh at this forum’s views on netminding at times. Many say how they’d love to see Cowley here from Angers - watched him maybe 3 times? Maybe stood on his head for a weekend but do you know how he goes the rest of the season? Probably not but we’d love him here. Fast forward 6 months and everyone prob digging him out. Now we’re happy to take Brodeur from Storm…I remember he played extremely well one game against us, but then saw on a Storm feed they were quite happy not to have him back….a team who will fight for a play off spot when 8 teams get it in a 10 team league. Guess it just shows we’re all armchair fans really and should leave it to the experts eh?
Welcome, take a seat.

august04 2.0

You don’t really get the idea of a forum, do you?!

TL91

You don’t really get the idea of a forum, do you?!
I absolutely do…just looking for a bit of reality. As everyone says, they’re entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Calling for a stud goalie one minute then happy to take Jeremy Brodeur the next. Not knocking him at all but may as well have kept Kozun (assuming he wanted to stay).

Rempel16

I absolutely do…just looking for a bit of reality. As everyone says, they’re entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Calling for a stud goalie one minute then happy to take Jeremy Brodeur the next. Not knocking him at all but may as well have kept Kozun (assuming he wanted to stay).
How do you know that Kozun is the same wage as Brodeur?
Ability wise I’d say the two are the same. Potential wise, I’d say Brodeur has a lot more upside.

It could be that (hypothetical) Brodeur is £100 a week cheaper, which is effectively paying for the extra £100 a week that Crawford wants.

The above is all ifs, but shows that it is not as simple as ‘may as well have kept Kozun’.

I would imagine that Euan King has had a big say in what our net minding situation looks like. Kozun barely started since he came in.

TL91

How do you know that Kozun is the same wage as Brodeur?
Ability wise I’d say the two are the same. Potential wise, I’d say Brodeur has a lot more upside.

It could be that (hypothetical) Brodeur is £100 a week cheaper, which is effectively paying for the extra £100 a week that Crawford wants.

The above is all ifs, but shows that it is not as simple as ‘may as well have kept Kozun’.

I would imagine that Euan King has had a big say in what our net minding situation looks like. Kozun barely started since he came in.
Don’t disagree, it’s all information we don’t know. As you say Euan King came in and maybe took a different view…he works with them daily. We watch them weekly and in case of opposition players, rarely. Same with all coaches in all sports, you’ll see someone a regular starter, new coach in and never see the player again!

Pleximan

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is, this is a forum for people to talk about their views and discuss ideas and opinions, good and bad, that is what a forum is. Are you suggesting that everyone should stop posting on here?
We generally don't have hours and hours of time to watch game tape of every player before we intend to make a comment on them as we have other distractions like work, family, life.
With more and more posts, opinions and contributions from different posters this forum generally produces a nicely balanced and rounded debate, that's good isn't it?