Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

Some might argue that we have a top goalie. We are looking for a good back up.
(Which in reality we already had!)
I don’t have the answer to this one.
My view is, albeit an unpopular one, that bowns is a top goalie only in terms of his reputation. He looks spectacular because he gets caught out of position when under pressure, and is inconsistent over a full season.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

I don’t care who we sign as long as it’s not a third season repeat, one yr of armchair experts being on the mark in their assessments is disappointing, two & that‘s embarrassing, three, l don’t think theres an appropriate word for that.

If a proven import goalie is looking for a gig in the lower leagues in Europe and the Devils come calling you wouldn’t blame them for thinking “right they’ve got GB’s number 1 goalie, he’s played there for 7 seasons, played 40 odd games in all comps last season, am I going to be playing second fiddle to their blue eyed boy there”
This scares me as it's probably true

jenks33

Devils rumoured to be signing Cole Ully according to the UK hockey rumours page on twitter. Would be a good signing. A left winger that would probably play alongside Arniel and A.N Other on the first line seeing as they played together in Slovakia.
I remember a couple of us were keen on the Devils signing him when he left his Slovakian team in the 21/22 season. He was one of the stars of the WHL in the 14/15 season alongside Cox and Sanford. The three of them were in the top 5 scorers that season just behind Oliver Bjorkstrand.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Devils rumoured to be signing Cole Ully according to the UK hockey rumours page on twitter. Would be a good signing. A left winger that would probably play alongside Arniel and A.N Other on the first line seeing as they played together in Slovakia.
I remember a couple of us were keen on the Devils signing him when he left his Slovakian team in the 21/22 season. He was one of the stars of the WHL in the 14/15 season alongside Cox and Sanford. The three of them were in the top 5 goalscorers that season just behind Oliver Bjorkstrand.
That would be an impressive signing.

AJ73

I remember a couple of us were keen on the Devils signing him when he left his Slovakian team in the 21/22 season. He was one of the stars of the WHL in the 14/15 season alongside Cox and Sanford. The three of them were in the top 5 goalscorers that season just behind Oliver Bjorkstrand.
If this is true - we would have signed Rymsha, Arniel & Ully from Poprad’s 21/22 roster!

Only mainline import they had that season we haven’t already ‘signed’ would be a former Devil, James Livingston!

Saw quite a bit of him in Lords first season at Greenville. They played against him quite a bit IIRC.
Impressive stats and remember thinking he would be a good signing at the time.
Another that season who actually played for rabbits was Dman Ben Finklestien.
He would be a great pick up. I know he moved to Europe but not sure where

Devils86

Saw quite a bit of him in Lords first season at Greenville. They played against him quite a bit IIRC.
Impressive stats and remember thinking he would be a good signing at the time.
Another that season who actually played for rabbits was Dman Ben Finklestien.
He would be a great pick up. I know he moved to Europe but not sure where
He went to Vienna, but has signed in Berlin for next season by looks of things