Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

E.D.S.

Let's not forget some very lazy play by certain forwards really didn't help. Hopefully we've seen the last of them though.
Agree. The collective D was poor, all 200ft of it but then again when you are constantly on the back foot with no possession, fatigue kicks in but basics like exiting our zone and poor passing from the D to forwards killed us, we went straight back on defence with no recovery time. Whilst the D didn’t cover themselves in glory we need to improve in so many aspects of the ice.

We’ll miss Lou and his long reach, forcing the shooters wide or to cycle back.

moggy#9

Agree. The collective D was poor, all 200ft of it but then again when you are constantly on the back foot with no possession, fatigue kicks in but basics like exiting our zone and poor passing from the D to forwards killed us, we went straight back on defence with no recovery time. Whilst the D didn’t cover themselves in glory we need to improve in so many aspects of the ice.

We’ll miss Lou and his long reach, forcing the shooters wide or to cycle back.
You're absolutely right. Giving away possession cheaply, shirt benching early and then over using your poorest performing players is never going to end well.

Indeed, but hopefully we can find a new guy that does that too. That is a massive weakness with bowns.
Definitely, and Taran played the puck so well. Fingers crossed for an upgrade, but unless there is a change I can’t see a top nm coming in knowing bowns will get most games

Last edited:

Devils86

No that’s respectable by Devils, let the team signing the player announce it as it should be.
I think the suggestion was that Devils fans didn't get the 'Kozun/Thompson' is departing announcement before the Blaze announced them.

On the other point, yes the waiting is a bit dragged out now. I liked the X day at X time every week way we did it pre-Covid

jenks33

Yeah I don’t get the problem to be honest. As soon as Coventry announced the signings of Kozun and Thompson we thanked them for their efforts. Not sure the Devils need to announce which players won’t be back

Devils86

Devils never announce departures until they've signed for other teams and then there is usually a statement.
(There may be some crossed wires here, re-reading comments)

Apart from Louis who was announced as leaving without another side announcing him. I do note that usually they wait until the other team announce though, so fair point.

HOWEVER, as for other points - its not disrespectful to announce a player departing before he signs for someone else - as has happened a load of times by other sides before players sign with us - as long as you don't steal the new team's thunder by naming the new team.

I.e. Devils Announce Departure of NM Tarun Kozun - Devils thank him for his service and wish him well in his next venture (without naming Blaze or EIHL).

But whilst I think thats the point made above by others - its other people's opinion, not mine (LOL). I don't mind Devils fans finding our from the new team personally. I don't see the issue.

We appreciate the work and the efforts of our players, including those departing. We don't announce their departure, in part to allow them some negotiating strength in getting placed elsewhere. Also every team wants to win, and every informational data point our competitors receive is weighed. As is the information they put out. At the same time we want our fans to get a flavour for our team. We appreciate input when our fans think we get the tone wrong, but these are some of the issues we consider.

jenks33

Cody donaghey rumoured to signing with us.
Just saw this on twitter, from the more reliable rumours account as well. Donaghey, Crawford, Richardson all right handed shots so possibly a replacement for Crawford? Unless Richie will be on the third D pairing which even at 36 would be a surprise.

The_Stick_

Just saw this on twitter, from the more reliable rumours account as well. Donaghey, Crawford, Richardson all right handed shots so possibly a replacement for Crawford? Unless Richie will be on the third D pairing which even at 36 would be a surprise.
Richie on the 3rd pair would indicate a very strong Defensive 6