Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

CaldicotDevil

Judging by the timing of the Panthers announcement & the Devils announcement then it just seems to fit him signing for us. Panthers have to get the message out early in case he's spotted in Calgary and the Devils flying him out to Calgary to sign & meet the owners just seems like a classy thing the owners would do to win over a player signing.

Last edited:

RedDevil17

I hope we sign farmer! Say what you want about Punchbag but he’ll stand up for teammates and he’ll actually be our power forward unlike the one we had last year....did we have one last year though?! Good player and a Brit too. Whether he’ll sign is a different story but fingers crossed one can hope eh

Temme

Judging by the timing of the Panthers announcement & the Devils announcement then it just seems to fit him signing for us. Panthers have to get the message out early in case he's spotted in Calgary and the Devils flying him out to Calgary to sign & meet the owners just seems like a classy thing the owners would do to win over a player signing.
Where have the Panthers announced he wouldn't be returning??

I'm interested to see how they've worded it, as i can see they've thanked a couple of guys that have left on twitter, but nothing on Farmer (that i can see!)

It's something that Eliteprospects have confirmed as "inside information"; but nothing that i can see on their website/twitter.

CaldicotDevil

Where have the Panthers announced he wouldn't be returning??

I'm interested to see how they've worded it, as i can see they've thanked a couple of guys that have left on twitter, but nothing on Farmer (that i can see!)

It's something that Eliteprospects have confirmed as "inside information"; but nothing that i can see on their website/twitter.
Not an official PR release but Simmsy has also confirmed it as true on twitter and says the reason the Panthers haven't announce it is because "Not always as easy as that, may be still negotiating, might be contractural issues"

His ego too big to risk being wrong. That's why he doesn't normally tweet things unless they're true.

Rempel16

Not an official PR release but Simmsy has also confirmed it as true on twitter and says the reason the Panthers haven't announce it is because "Not always as easy as that, may be still negotiating, might be contractural issues"

His ego too big to risk being wrong. That's why he doesn't normally tweet things unless they're true.
So if there isn't an official press release then that contradicts your argument that the Panthers wanted to get it out in case he's 'spotted in Calgary' as Panthers haven't put anything out.

The negotiating and contractual issues I can understand as he was contracted to this season with Nottingham, so it's what agreement can be made for his release.

I don't see why we'd show an interest unless Myers/Richie is moving on. Duggan is developing nicely and i wouldn't want to stunt that development by offering Farmer a contract that will no doubt be with inflated wages to tempt him away from home.

Keep the money and spend it on a stud import would be my preference (as much as i rate Farmer).

CaldicotDevil

So if there isn't an official press release then that contradicts your argument that the Panthers wanted to get it out in case he's 'spotted in Calgary' as Panthers haven't put anything out.

The negotiating and contractual issues I can understand as he was contracted to this season with Nottingham, so it's what agreement can be made for his release.

I don't see why we'd show an interest unless Myers/Richie is moving on. Duggan is developing nicely and i wouldn't want to stunt that development by offering Farmer a contract that will no doubt be with inflated wages to tempt him away from home.

Keep the money and spend it on a stud import would be my preference (as much as i rate Farmer).
My guess is they're going to release a PR later on today and soften the blow with a signing announcement.

IMO if Richie & Myers stay we don't need Farmer. However Richie has been plagued with injuries last couple of years and may want to hang his skates up, freeing up a spot for a high calibre Brit.

Temme

[QUOTE="Rempel16, post: 216885, member: 80"]So if there isn't an official press release then that contradicts your argument that the Panthers wanted to get it out in case he's 'spotted in Calgary' as Panthers haven't put anything out.

Keep the money and spend it on a stud import would be my preference (as much as i rate Farmer).[/QUOTE]

That's what i was alluding too, we don't know Nottingham's stance yet i guess if there hasn't been an official announcement; i can see it's been confirmed everywhere already, but for EP to simply put "inside information" kinda contradicts their own website rule where there must be a reputable source.

Even if it's that they've spoken to Farmer directly!

I would always welcome Farmer onto the team, however wouldn't be dissapointed if we didn't sign him. Our brit quota is up there with the strongest in the league, Farmer would only better that!

I'm not calling you our on anything CaldicotDevil, please don't think that, i was just wondering if there was an official source other than what i'd read online/twitter, as normally that stuff on EP is a rumour rather than confirmed!!!

Devilsatw

What a surprise all the speculation and panthers have now released a statement saying farmer wants to move abroad,

They also have a signing announcement later.

Temme

Right on cue, they've put out a tweet this second, no link attached to the tweet, but it reads

"Statement: British forward Robert Farmer, who was already under an Elite League contract with the Panthers, has indicated to the club that he's looking to possibly move abroad for the upcoming season. #EIHL #PanthersNation"

Temme

What a surprise all the speculation and panthers have now released a statement saying farmer wants to move abroad,

It always makes me chuckle slightly when teams try and soften the blow with an announcement along with a signing like that.

It's like when teams announce 4-5 players at the same time and sneak a "sub-par CV" signing in and amongst them so nobody really notices :cool:

CaldicotDevil

[QUOTE="Rempel16, post: 216885, member: 80"]So if there isn't an official press release then that contradicts your argument that the Panthers wanted to get it out in case he's 'spotted in Calgary' as Panthers haven't put anything out.

That's what i was alluding too, we don't know Nottingham's stance yet i guess if there hasn't been an official announcement; i can see it's been confirmed everywhere already, but for EP to simply put "inside information" kinda contradicts their own website rule where there must be a reputable source.

Even if it's that they've spoken to Farmer directly!

I would always welcome Farmer onto the team, however wouldn't be dissapointed if we didn't sign him. Our brit quota is up there with the strongest in the league, Farmer would only better that!

I'm not calling you our on anything CaldicotDevil, please don't think that, i was just wondering if there was an official source other than what i'd read online/twitter, as normally that stuff on EP is a rumour rather than confirmed!!![/QUOTE]

No it's all good,

Probably jumped the gun a bit ha. I do love the inter "Arena" teams signing players from each other, leads to great inter fan chirping and stropping.

pjj365

Could it be Farmer! After all the tweet talks about looking to possibly go abroad - not that he is going!