Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Mooney#16

Stephen Dixon has just done a great interview on Spittin Chiclets with Biz. When asked what he’s doing next year by Biz he says him and Benti want back to Cardiff so here’s hoping. Brilliant interview. Adult content but funny. Good promo for Devils as both guys are complementary.

Stephen Dixon has just done a great interview on Spittin Chiclets with Biz. When asked what he’s doing next year by Biz he says him and Benti want back to Cardiff so here’s hoping. Brilliant interview. Adult content but funny. Good promo for Devils as both guys are complementary.
Just listened to this, I don’t normally like Spittin Chiclets I prefer Hockey News Podcast but this was a great interview. Loved Bizs stories about Piggott as well. If Dixon comes back (which sounds likely after the interview) and takes the C role. How about Brandon Segal for the Devils? Segal got mentioned a lot in stories by Dixon so they’re obviously good mates.

jenks33

One guy that hasn’t really been discussed is Hedden. What do people think?

I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t re-signed.
You’re right nobody has talked about Hedden this off season. He’s a funny one for me. When we signed him I thought he was going to be up there as a league MVP but he never really got going on a consistent basis. Don’t get get me wrong 62 points is a very fine effort but I don’t think he found the consistency that Lordo was looking for. I would be happy if he re-signed but I’m not sure we’ll see Mike back here next season.

Temme

Hedden was a difficult one.

The Mike Hedden that played the first 10 games is not the Mike Hedden that played for the rest of the year.
Either injury, effort, or change of role, but something changed.

Can't knock a 62 point return and a Forward leading +31 though.

jenks33

Hedden was a difficult one.

The Mike Hedden that played the first 10 games is not the Mike Hedden that played for the rest of the year.
Either injury, effort, or change of role, but something changed.

Can't knock a 62 point return and a Forward leading +31 though.
Spot on. After his performances for us in the CHL and the goals he’d scored during his time in the DEL I think Lordo was probably banking on Hedden to get us 30 goals in the league so 20 was a bit disappointing. Only one of our forwards scored more than 22 league goals where as Belfast had five forwards that scored 22 goals or more.
Anyone else think Riley might be Hedden’s replacement? They’re similar-ish players with comparable points production

Wannabe2

Steelers will be very strong this coming season, and in fairness they had to do something as they have been pretty poor for awhile now, and that’s not what they have been used to. They certainly couldn’t have handled another bum season, and it’s a no brainer to seriously address those issues. A strong Steelers team can only be good for the league, and only be good for us, Panthers now need to improve, Blaze are looking stronger than they have been for awhile, Giants as always will be very strong, Clan and Storm will both be interesting to say the least, hopefully my second favourite team Dundee will be a surprise package, and the Flyers are still a fairly unknown quality as of yet. As for the Flames they could certainly be the team that everyone needs to pay attention to, it looks like everyone are improving and that can only be a positive thing. As for us, we’ll i still think we will be the team to beat, our club certainly is run extremely professional, by very professional and good people, and that will be a tough act to surpass.
Happy Hockey Days.

James

Administrator
I'm not sure that steelers spending more than they ever have is particularly good for the league. Neither do I think a strong steelers is particularly better for the league than a strong Stars or a strong Flames. A financially viable steelers is probably good for the league though.

Gazza272

People are concentrating on the Forward for the Steelers I think, looking at their D, i'm unsure if it's looking to me like a Corps that can take the league.

and if Jackson Whistle is to take the majority of the starts again, I'm not sure it's enough. They will however be far more competitive than last year, and that will make the games that much bigger and more exciting.

jenks33

The annual summit in Calgary takes place Saturday at 8.30pm uk time.

Tune in on the devils Facebook page and apparently there will be signings and a peek at the new devil shirt
Fully expect Blair Riley to be announced this Saturday. Who else do we think? Surely a new D man as well. Brett Carson is a name that’s been rumoured, not sure if that was purely guesswork though.