Playoff tickets

The electronic system just offered me two tickets in block 15 row D for the Saturday but my request for 4 tickets for the weekend meant I was offered tickets in block 14 (Manchester, I think).

I wonder why they couldn't offer a pick your own seats service? Is is possible to prevent people leaving single gaps when they book? I'm sure they know what they're doing, though.

Devil_Abroad

Hmm I went for the weekend package so I guess they've allowed many to buy Sunday only tickets hence I now have to sit up the top - grrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxy

Dont understand why the elite league put the warning out about removing people from the wrong blocks if the website is randomly offering seats in other blocks.............

didnt use the web site but wasn't there an option of which block you wanted?

Devil_Abroad

You could select a seat in any block - how would they know which team you supported?

I was going to sit in block 4 (no team) or block 3 (Clan) as I could get row E and row C

But in the end I went for block 15 Row U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earnie

The Nottingham Ice Arena website for booking purposes is not an easy beast to handle.
I had great difficulty yesterday and failed to make a purchase. Luckily I managed to get a very helpful human being and got some decent seats.

Just got off the phone with a very nice operative from the NIC (Gemma). There are only seats in row U and V left for block 15, or two seats behind a pillar in row G for the same (full) price. I asked if there was a possibility of expanding the Devils allocation if/when it sells out and she said that she couldn't answer that at the moment.

Does anyone know what the pillars are like in the NIC (i.e.if they are 12 inches wide or 5 feet wide)? I haven't been in there since I was uni in 2010 and my memory is terrible.

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
Foxy said:
When i spoke to the telephonist at 9.20 this morning she said that the majority of people she had spoken to were from Cardiff and that our block was selling fast.

Would love to know what they are going to do if our block is sold out...........
Probably put us in the Steelers block, when they don't qualify.
Whilst I'd love that to be true, more than likely we will overspill into Manchester's block.

Have Hope#35

beachbum4034 said:
Just got off the phone with a very nice operative from the NIC (Gemma). There are only seats in row U and V left for block 15, or two seats behind a pillar in row G for the same (full) price. I asked if there was a possibility of expanding the Devils allocation if/when it sells out and she said that she couldn't answer that at the moment.

Does anyone know what the pillars are like in the NIC (i.e.if they are 12 inches wide or 5 feet wide)? I haven't been in there since I was uni in 2010 and my memory is terrible.
I'd presume they're behind the handrail to the steps in this image as that lines up with Block G in Plan which leads out to the main concourse! The seats must be on the end of the row?
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...-panthers-ice-hockey-game-high-resolution.jpg

Here is a useful plan which can be zoomed in on:
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...ip-box-suites-arrangement-high-resolution.htm

Milky

Left it to my better half and she got tickets at 9.30am yesterday in row G. Happy days.

First time for us at play off weekend. Can't wait :Banana

Sliput

nicky27 said:
Just a random question as Nottingham have said that they have the right to move someone who sits in another block. We have decided not to buy tickets at the moment due to a few different reasons. if we decide to go short notice and buy random tickets, will this be allowed?

I think they have put this on the tickets just incase (In the rare event) that fans have booked tickets in other blocks on purpose, just to annoy people. I think ice fans are on the majority, sporting people and dont mind who sits where. The only problem with leaving it (Fully understand that some people cant book until last minute) is that if we, Nottingham and Sheffield qualify, tickets will be very difficult to get hold of.

DevilDom

Sliput said:
nicky27 said:
Just a random question as Nottingham have said that they have the right to move someone who sits in another block. We have decided not to buy tickets at the moment due to a few different reasons. if we decide to go short notice and buy random tickets, will this be allowed?

I think they have put this on the tickets just incase (In the rare event) that fans have booked tickets in other blocks on purpose, just to annoy people. I think ice fans are on the majority, sporting people and dont mind who sits where. The only problem with leaving it (Fully understand that some people cant book until last minute) is that if we, Nottingham and Sheffield qualify, tickets will be very difficult to get hold of.
Add Clan to that list - they sold out their 1 block in the first hour they went on Sale and now also have block 4. If they get there I think will bring even more!

Have Hope#35 said:
beachbum4034 said:

I'd presume they're behind the handrail to the steps in this image as that lines up with Block G in Plan which leads out to the main concourse! The seats must be on the end of the row?
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...-panthers-ice-hockey-game-high-resolution.jpg

Here is a useful plan which can be zoomed in on:
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...ip-box-suites-arrangement-high-resolution.htm
Great link thank you very much, I didn't remember any big pillars. I rang back and a different operative said that they had two seats in row H where you could possibly be obscured by a hand rail which was off to one side, it would obstruct the view if the puck was at a certain part of the rink (in the Left-most corner, from block 15) and some in row G where a handrail will be in front of you.

Option a) sounded fine to me, so I'm all booked. Can't wait, been promising myself that I would go for at least ten years!

We booked 3 this morning in the Devils block but couldn't get 3 together. Devils tickets obviously selling well. We better qualify now!! :D

How strict are they with sitting in other blocks? This will hopefully be my first POFW, is it worth the risk of buying in block 14?