Playoff tickets

Sheincar

Thread starter #1
From EIHL twitter just now - Full ticketing information for the play-off final weekend will be revealed tomorrow. Look out for the story on here and the website.

No news from Official EIHL but Panthers tweeted this:

The tickets for the biggest UK ice hockey weekend of the year go on sale to Panthers season ticket holders from Monday.

The Elite League Play-off Finals weekend at the National Ice Centre is on April 2nd /3rd with the semi-finals at 1pm and 5pm on the Saturday and the final on the Sunday at 4pm. There will also be an awards show and a bronze medal game on Sunday.

As usual there is a big early bird saving up for grabs. And also as usual Panthers season ticket holders get first dibs, with personal callers or ‘phone sales available from 9am on Monday morning.

General sales start on the morning of Monday February 29th.

Panthers’ fans have been allocated Blocks 5-6-7-8-9 for this year’s POFW.

Early bird prices are:
Saturday or Sunday day ticket - Adult £41 Concession £33
Weekend Ticket – Adult £76 Concession £56
Family [two adults/two children) - £240

From Monday 29th February prices go up to :
Saturday or Sunday day ticket – Adult £48 Concession £39
Weekend Ticket – Adult £87 Concession £62
Family - £270

http://www.panthers.co.uk/content/play- ... um=twitter

Skippy

So Panthers fans get a discount for booking early that isn't available to anyone else ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Isn't it a deal Panthers cough to? Don't Steelers also offer it? Clubs can do it but don't think any others do? My memory is poor though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Thread starter #5
Panthers & Steelers STH get their tickets first but I can't say I ever remember them being charged less than us. Be interesting to see the official league press release.

Have Hope#35

I recall there being an early bird rate open to everyone in all the years gone by... It's usually until about the end of Feb if I remember right! It won't just be a Panthers thing.

Finny

Skippy said:
So Panthers fans get a discount for booking early that isn't available to anyone else ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
There's usually an early bird rate for all fans. It just seems Paners have released their details first.

kettdevil1

Block 15 is a decent block but a bit surprised we have just been given one block..... I suspect there might be overspill in Manchesters direction ....

DevilDom

I've seen something on Twitter saying there is a clause when buying tickets stating the EIHL reserve the right to move supporters who have bought tickets in opposition supporter blocks without refund! I think with only 1 block for us and nowhere to overspill this may cause some issues! In addition there is always the few Panthers fans who buy "their" season ticket seat no matter where it is.

I really think they should go back to giving the allocation to the clubs and allow them to sell their own sections. I know this has caused issues with the transfer of funds in the past but surely safeguards could be put in place to mitigate this.

I also think the allocations should be fairer / more equal based on average home gates or number of season ticket holders. Panthers crowds are not 5 times bigger than ours and yet they get 5 blocks compared to our 1 and even allowing for it being in their home rink this doesn't seem fair. There could be a time-limit to sell the tickets with any unsold returned to go on general sale (similar to how most other sports deal with things like this.)

Finny

Agree Dom.

Give each team 500 tickets with space between each group of fans. Those remaining tickets and any unsold then go on general sale a couple of weeks later.

A quick count of seats suggests the allocation is as follows:
Belfast 375
Braehead 386
Cardiff 593 (or 497 depending on whether rows A-C are available)
Coventry 370
Dundee 222
Edinburgh 160
Fife 223
Manchester 338
Nottingham 1870
Sheffield 945

Block 4 between Braehead and Nottingham holds 365, Block 10 between Nottingham and Coventry holds 254, and Block 19 next to Sheffield holds 168.
Edit: Cardiff is definitely 497, rows A-C are where the team benches are!

Diafol

Me too - I've just emailed the NIC to complain as it ended up costing an extra £16.
That's the price of a whole pint in the arena...

Legin

Eventually got through on the phone and booked the weekend tickets they said they were sorting weekend ticket issue out.