Phil cook - rumour I heard from a mates friends cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheincar

Re: Phil cook

drainage said:
James said:
Do we know Joe has been messed around?
No I don't! But seems some do! For me it's sport things change no one should give guarantees and no one should expect them where the line up is concerned

If Phil has gone I wish him well and thank him for his time .....just a random thought but why not wait and see what happens and see how it pans out? That's a general observation James not aimed at you!
Gets Pope's vote of confidence on 16th, allegedly out the door on 20th! Think Cook was entitled to expect he'd see out the season albeit sharing goalie duties.

Paul Sullivan

James said:
Do we know Joe has been messed around?
Quite. And there's no precedent for players getting screwed so its an outrageous notion :eek: ;)

For me it's not about Joe getting 'screwed' contractually or financially, but that once again we see a Devil not being given much if any acknowledgement or respect. Kamil was signed and all the Club talk was about Cook, with nothing about a long-standing player even to say 'we've spoken to Joe'. They may have done, but it's yet another lack of respect and / or yet another PR own goal in a situation where the Club could have displayed some class.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
I'm disappointed Cook has been released. He gave everything in a devils jersey and I felt he deserved a chance to show how he could improve and earn a contract next year. He had the raw talent to stop a puck, just needed a bit of fine tuning on rebound control and playing the puck. The fact he gave up his Christmas at home to join us at a moments notice during a crisis makes me think we haven't given him the chance he deserves.

And just to make things have a more sour taste; the guy who replaced him doesn't actually seem any better!
Absolutely spot on, get a player that the fans take to, and get shot of him, perhaps we should all start liking the management.

I used to ask myself why haven't I got involved with the Devils again, reading this forum gives me the answer.

My argument was with one man not the club and in my own way I have supported the club 100% throughout my absence from games.

There is only one camp we should always remember - Cardiff Devils not the multitude of factions evident on this Forum.

The personal attacks on club officials beggars belief. The club owner (who I have never met and might not recognize) has the right to run the club as he wishes, appoint the coach and have an input on who is on the team roster.

If you have an axe to grind - go and chop some logs

OJ

Nott Simpson said:
I used to ask myself why haven't I got involved with the Devils again, reading this forum gives me the answer.

My argument was with one man not the club and in my own way I have supported the club 100% throughout my absence from games.

There is only one camp we should always remember - Cardiff Devils not the multitude of factions evident on this Forum.

The personal attacks on club officials beggars belief. The club owner (who I have never met and might not recognize) has the right to run the club as he wishes, appoint the coach and have an input on who is on the team roster.

OJ
Spot on sir,

None of knows what goes on behind closed doors, these decisions are made for the best of the club to keep us the fans entertained!

People seem to forget the Pope and Ragan are both human being with feelings and emotions they can, I'm sure relate to new and outgoing players?

Come on, give the guys a chance

Wannabe2

Nott Simpson said:

By the same token Bob had the right to run the club as he saw fit, and decided to take the club to rack and ruin, maybe we should have all got behind him as well. No disrespect Owen but the Devils were very low on your priorities for a long long time, and thats your perogitive, but please dont start having a go at people who never stopped loving this club. Remember your opinions are just that, your opinions, and other peoples opinions are just as valid at yours, and thats the truth.

OJ

uproar that a player was on a month trial and club have decided not to keep him and go for someone else
sad phil cook is leaving but clubs choice and some as usual just use it to attack the club
another pint of bitter for the group in the far corner :DWD

Thread starter #29

From what I've heard. we are now looking at only taking players on a months trial and then dumping them after the end of the month.

So its looking like we may possible see new girl each month until april

Paul Sullivan

Nott Simpson said:
The club owner has the right to run the club as he wishes,OJ
And so did Bob Phillips, until he did it badly. I remember you being front and centre in the 'faction' that opposed his bad management.
There were plenty of attacks on Club officials (who also deserved them) then too OJ, and you were a part of that.

Perhaps the fact that you have been so far removed from the Club since then has clouded your memory, but while the methods vary believe me when I say we are in no better hands now than then. Difference is Bob had charisma, intelligence and savvy way beyond our current owner.

Maybe if I had only electronic contact with the Club for a decade I might return and think all was acceptable, as it stands I am less inclined to support poor running of The Cardiff Devils. We (including you) didn't care who didn't agree with us then and continued highlighting and opposing the tactics of the owner.
You always said you would come back when Bob left OJ. Sorry if I missed you at the game.

And before I get accused of 'derailing' a thread, I posted regarding the goaltending situation of which Phil Cook has been a part. I am responded to to a post which, beggared my own belief.

jimmy snels

Nott Simpson said:

OJ
Well said that man!!!

You might want to be careful tho, I was accused of being a ragan operative last wk for guessing the name of a player signing in 2011, so with posts like this god save you! :lol:

Sheincar

discountedawaytravel said:
uproar that a player was on a month trial and club have decided not to keep him and go for someone else
sad phil cook is leaving but clubs choice and some as usual just use it to attack the club
another pint of bitter for the group in the far corner :DWD
Other than club have never said Cook was on a months's trial, last week he had a vote of confidence & this week he's allegedly out. Perhaps I should go & chop some logs & walk away from games like some have done already.

drainage

Nott Simpson said:

OJ
Can't disagree with you .... Everyone thinks they know who is ruining the club I think some would be surprised at the actual names that would feature

I support a team ......fact I see nothing to gain with some of the posts that keep getting posted

My view my opinion my right to have it .....as those that disagree will point out!

jimmy snels

I would add to this when we do actually sign a d man there wasn't a single positive comment from numerous constant management bashing posters. Only when two days later we found out paperwork issues forced us to cancel the fwd did anyone comment for a quick bash at the management again!
Surely positives should be talked about as well as the negatives? I miss just discussing the hockey to be honest. Anyone fancy going on to the kenton thread to discuss what position we think we should strengthen in ?

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
I would add to this when we do actually sign a d man there wasn't a single positive comment from numerous constant management bashing posters. Only when two days later we found out paperwork issues forced us to cancel the fwd did anyone comment for a quick bash at the management again!
Surely positives should be talked about as well as the negatives? I miss just discussing the hockey to be honest. Anyone fancy going on to the kenton thread to discuss what position we think we should strengthen in ?
I prefer to judge players when I've seen them play. Never saw Joonas play so didn't join the bandwagon of what a fab player he was. Not yet seen Svete play. Cesky was supposed to be on loan but I did comment that he should stay.Is that not positive enough for you - tough!! I am positive the management don't know their elbows from other parts of their anatomy when it comes to PR & managing players & fans expectations.

Wannabe2

Sheincar said:
jimmy snels said:
I prefer to judge players when I've seen them play. Never saw Joonas play so didn't join the bandwagon of what a fab player he was. Not yet seen Svete play. Cesky was supposed to be on loan but I did comment that he should stay.Is that not positive enough for you - tough!! I am positive the management don't know their elbows from other parts of their anatomy when it comes to PR & managing players & fans expectations.
And you aint wrong there.

Not trying to call anyone a liar in regard to the Phil Cook rumour.

Is there any thing official to say he has left or is this just all hear say?

I would have thought if he had left they would have made an announcement. If I have missed the announcement could someone put a link up?

Sliput

Nott Simpson said:

OJ
I totally agree. I am sure some people read threads just to sit there and think about how they can answer negatively, must be tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.