Phil cook - rumour I heard from a mates friends cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempel16

Re: Phil cook

I hope that's not the case - not yet anyway.... We have 4 games in 5 days coming up and i have enough confidence in Phil for him to start 1 or 2 of those games and keep Kamil fresh (ish) for the Giants game.

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
I hope that's not the case - not yet anyway.... We have 4 games in 5 days coming up and i have enough confidence in Phil for him to start 1 or 2 of those games and keep Kamil fresh (ish) for the Giants game.
I'm guessing with Kenton becoming available, two goalies was a luxury?

Sheincar

rikardo1uk said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is true and he eas released today. He was on a months trial only.
Never announced on 1 month's trial plus didn't he receive Pope's backing when Koswoski was signed? Seems an idiotic time to let him go & now says to Myers that suddenly he's back to being the back up after not being wanted. No wonder there's disharmony this season :?

jimmy snels

Sheincar said:
& 2 import goalies wasn't a luxury when the non-arriving Ukrainian was signed?
Save a weeks wages to put to good use elsewhere perhaps? Be honest he was never going to stay once we signed the polish kwall

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
Sheincar said:
Save a weeks wages to put to good use elsewhere perhaps? Be honest he was never going to stay once we signed the polish kwall
But Pope gave him a vote of confidence!!! Lack of honesty there surely!

jimmy snels

Sheincar said:
jimmy snels said:
Sheincar said:
You never believed him did you surely you knew better :lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew he'd be gone no matter what pope said we couldn't carry 2 netminders

Sheincar

Of course I never believed him - his lips were moving!! However after the shambles of the Conboy backing/release I would have thought we'd have learned our lesson not to do it again!! Plus how do we stand if Joe tells Pope where to go after he's been messed around?

Sheincar said:
jimmy snels said:
Sheincar said:
Don't you remember what happened the last time pope gave someone his vote of confidence

Wannabe2

So the moral of the story is, if your told you are staying, goodbye, so long, au revoir, farewell, ciao, adios, auf wiedersehen, masalam, and adjo.

When Kamil was announced to be our new goalie my first thought was 'BUT COOK IS OUR GOALIE?!?!?!!!!! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM SO SOON!!' So no surprise if this is true. Cook is fantastic, willing to stop that puck no matter what it takes. Feels like he hasn't had a chance really, I know it's been a few weeks now but I would have happily have him until the rest of the season and even next season.
Kamil is good from what I've seen so far but I don't think he needed to be signed. I will be gutted for Cook.

We want D men signed and we get a goalie, we need more D men and we signed a forward who couldn't get into the country. We need D men and we borrowed Cesky from Manchester who will be going back to that team now the weekend is over.

Sigh.

Sheincar

helloimclaire said:
When Kamil was announced to be our new goalie my first thought was 'BUT COOK IS OUR GOALIE?!?!?!!!!! YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HIM SO SOON!!' So no surprise if this is true. Cook is fantastic, willing to stop that puck no matter what it takes. Feels like he hasn't had a chance really, I know it's been a few weeks now but I would have happily have him until the rest of the season and even next season.
Kamil is good from what I've seen so far but I don't think he needed to be signed. I will be gutted for Cook.

We want D men signed and we get a goalie, we need more D men and we signed a forward who couldn't get into the country. We need D men and we borrowed Cesky from Manchester who will be going back to that team now the weekend is over.

Sigh.
From THF it seems that Cesky had been released by Manchester so he may/may not be moving on. With this team this season anything's possible!!

Ocko

I'm disappointed Cook has been released. He gave everything in a devils jersey and I felt he deserved a chance to show how he could improve and earn a contract next year. He had the raw talent to stop a puck, just needed a bit of fine tuning on rebound control and playing the puck. The fact he gave up his Christmas at home to join us at a moments notice during a crisis makes me think we haven't given him the chance he deserves.

And just to make things have a more sour taste; the guy who replaced him doesn't actually seem any better!

voth26

I wouldn't trust pope to organise a p$%^ up in a brewery in the right order, cook has been royally shafted by pope, feel really sorry for phil he used his noodle contacted the club to try and get on the ladder he came here at Christmas!!, bailed us out of the brown stuff started to get a bit of a fan following ive really enjoyed watching the cookie monster and his thanks and reward he gets his arse royally kicked out the ever revolving door.

drainage

James said:
Do we know Joe has been messed around?
No I don't! But seems some do! For me it's sport things change no one should give guarantees and no one should expect them where the line up is concerned

If Phil has gone I wish him well and thank him for his time .....just a random thought but why not wait and see what happens and see how it pans out? That's a general observation James not aimed at you!

Sheincar said:
helloimclaire said:

Sigh.
From THF it seems that Cesky had been released by Manchester so he may/may not be moving on. With this team this season anything's possible!!
Even though I'd prefer D men, if Manchester have released him I wouldn't mind keeping him to keep spots filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.