Pete Russell confirmed as Head Coach

Rempel16

I mentioned him because he’s the one that is a fan favourite, since the shirt sale he’s likely Todd & managements, I’m not so sure PR will see it that way.
And rightly so… PR should be given the right to choose his own team. He doesn’t seem the type of guy that would be happy with it any other way.

If Brandt isn’t part of that, then I’m sure he’s big enough to make that call. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t see the asset based on what he’s seen though, and who knows, he might be able to unlock some upside offensively (though I’m not too bothered if the 4th line doesn’t score all season- as long as they bring energy and stay disciplined defensively, not getting scored on).

Gavevs88

Mosey is probably one of them. Russell speaks so highly of his time in Germany - Staff, players etc I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign somebody with Ravensburg/Freiburg links. Looking at Ravensburg’s roster I think Charlie Sarault or Josh Macdonald are the most likely candidates.
Mosey won't come back to us after the way he was treated a few years ago and he loves it in Sheffield. He was chatting to us in playoffs about Cardiff and his words were "F*&k Cardiff those bridges are well burnt"

rocketbob

Mosey won't come back to us after the way he was treated a few years ago and he loves it in Sheffield. He was chatting to us in playoffs about Cardiff and his words were "F*&k Cardiff those bridges are well burnt"
If he did say that then the feelings are mutual. No player is worth that drama.

[QUOTE="
Waller Martin Herr
Cox Coughler Sanford
Stevenson Curran Crandell
Duggan Davies Brandt

Ruopp Crawford
Jardine Richardson
Locke Pietroniro

Bown" /QUOTE]

Not sure about Crandell, but like the idea of adding Curran and Herr.

Wrong thread though, but what about

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/283932/bode-wilde
I don’t think we have the clout to sign a player on an entry level NHL contract somehow.
We’d also have to use Belfasts wage cap to fit him in ;-)

Who is on an entry level contract?

Your guy?

Contract
22/23
Cap Hit
$764,167 Powered by
NHL Rights
New York Islanders New York Islanders / Signed
Drafted
2018 round 2 #41 overall by New York Islanders
Highlights
1-time U18 WJC Silver Medal
1-time OHL Second All-Star Team
Bode Wilde is a talented and competitive defender that plays a tenacious 200-foot game. His balance

ASHIPP

This sounds more like the sort of reaction a player would have when they break their leg in the last few weeks of the season and their club doesn't give much support...that happened to Mosey at Panthers.
Wasn't our Club the one that nutured his recovery after surgery and even sent him to a players physical rehab camp in North America to support him?

Swarley

This sounds more like the sort of reaction a player would have when they break their leg in the last few weeks of the season and their club doesn't give much support...that happened to Mosey at Panthers.
Wasn't our Club the one that nutured his recovery after surgery and even sent him to a players physical rehab camp in North America to support him?
Yup Cardiff pampered him when injured, so if he did say fu*k Cardiff after he messed them about and forgot to call them when they wanted to sign him it just shows how being a steeler brings out the pathetic side of a player

tim78

I thought that contract expires this year and I'm sure I read somewhere he hadn't lived up to expectation so is in the echl.

Obviously a big drop but who knows what offers are out there. Good read up on his ability though.

i sure he created the situation himself? cardiff offered him a contract and he couldnt be bothered to give a answer and sat around waiting, so cardiff moved on. sure i heard that on the Two ales podcast with him.

Swarley

i sure he created the situation himself? cardiff offered him a contract and he couldnt be bothered to give a answer and sat around waiting, so cardiff moved on. sure i heard that on the Two ales podcast with him.
100% true, if he's sour about the club not wiping his backside and babying him through contract signings and running after him over and over again he can stay in Sheffield with the rest of the rats.

pjj365

100% true, if he's sour about the club not wiping his backside and babying him through contract signings and running after him over and over again he can stay in Sheffield with the rest of the rats.
IIRC it is true - on the podcast he admitted he'd messed up - or words to that effect

Whilst I'll trust PR to recruit and meld a team the arrogance/complacency in this kind of behaviour is surely not good for the room