Pete Russell confirmed as Head Coach

Pleximan

Well I have to say I am very pleased with this appointment. For me the Devils have lacked identity since pre pandemic, but I feel very positive about what we may be seeing from the next Devils team after watching Pete Russell's interview, saying some great things, fast relentless hockey, hard forechecking, using the whole bench to wear down our opponents, basically everything that we haven't been the last 2 years. He will get our powerplay going and with the brand of hockey he will install I believe we will see a return of DEVILS HOCKEY and light fires under the players, some of which if they are re-signed need exactly that. Very exciting summer ahead to see how this team comes together.

moggy#9

Well I have to say I am very pleased with this appointment. For me the Devils have lacked identity since pre pandemic, but I feel very positive about what we may be seeing from the next Devils team after watching Pete Russell's interview, saying some great things, fast relentless hockey, hard forechecking, using the whole bench to wear down our opponents, basically everything that we haven't been the last 2 years. He will get our powerplay going and with the brand of hockey he will install I believe we will see a return of DEVILS HOCKEY and light fires under the players, some of which if they are re-signed need exactly that. Very exciting summer ahead to see how this team comes together.
Yes, I believed that this is a statement by the devils. Hopefully the first of several to get our rivals quite nervous. If I were a Steelers fan I'd be feeling quite jealous given that they seem to be sticking with fox.

jenks33

Interesting to see who the 3 new players are.

My guess they are in the GB team
Mosey is probably one of them. Russell speaks so highly of his time in Germany - Staff, players etc I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign somebody with Ravensburg/Freiburg links. Looking at Ravensburg’s roster I think Charlie Sarault or Josh Macdonald are the most likely candidates.

Last edited:

tim78

Awesome GB Head Coach and Goalie Coach. Great start to next season.

Hopefully the elite league can schedule time for GB squad before WD1, might aim to make it next year to the event.

Rempel16

Of all the players we are on about brandt??

Please keep sanford Cox martin Richie first
See, I know they’ve carried us, but I think that Cox and Sanford are replaceable, particularly defensively.

That’s not to say Brandt isn’t replaceable (as every player is), but when you find a fan favourite who will run a brick wall and bleed for his team, you do all you can to keep him, in my opinion.

Rempel16

And brandt is irreplaceable too.

Sorry my point was brandt wouldn't be my first player to worry about
Who would be, then?

For me, Richie is nailed on to return, Martin is probably highly likely.

The only guy that comes close to irreplaceable on the roster is Waller, but with the import increase even that is less of an issue.

moggy#9

Who would be, then?

For me, Richie is nailed on to return, Martin is probably highly likely.

The only guy that comes close to irreplaceable on the roster is Waller, but with the import increase even that is less of an issue.
The PR interview seemed to suggest that Waller is back.

Rempel16

Rempel16’s predicted 2023/24 team (based on who I think will stay also, not necessarily because I want them to):

Waller Martin Herr
Cox Coughler Sanford
Stevenson Curran Crandall
Duggan Davies Brandt

Ruopp Crawford
Jardine Richardson
Locke Pietroniro

Bowns
New import nettie