Pete Russell confirmed as Head Coach

E.D.S.

Onwards and upwards.
Give us an identity and a style that gives us a chance to compete and wins things and I’ll be happy.

Rempel16

Well I've just finished watching his interview and I am definitely excited to see where this can take us.

PR said all of the right things, he sounds like he's ready to work hard and he's definitely not going to take fools lightly. I think the team can be expected to work its bag off every night and passengers won't last long.

Great ending to the interview also - teams that play us won't find it comfortable.

He's got a record that suggests he can back up the talk. Looking forward to it!

Welcome PR, and Euan!

Diablo3

I know we all knew it was going to happen but great news to have it confirmed. The guy knows what he wants and how he wants to play and by the sound of it the fans are in for quite a ride.

RedDevil17

Well I've just finished watching his interview and I am definitely excited to see where this can take us.

PR said all of the right things, he sounds like he's ready to work hard and he's definitely not going to take fools lightly. I think the team can be expected to work its bag off every night and passengers won't last long.

Great ending to the interview also - teams that play us won't find it comfortable.

He's got a record that suggests he can back up the talk. Looking forward to it!

Welcome PR, and Euan!
All well and good saying that, but let's see if it gets translated onto the ice. Willing to give him a chance.

kettdevil1

Euan King joins Pete Russell’s coaching staff ahead of the 2023-24 season
This could be a big decision. I know he did bits and pieces last season but this looks as though his role is being expanded and everything I know about him makes me think he could be a major asset.

jenks33

I just hope Pete Russell is given the freedom this summer to recruit HIS team. The season finished four weeks ago so i hope we haven't panicked and already re-signed half the roster, which we did last season in my opinion. Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are 7 or 8 players (multi year contracts + most of the brits) that know they're coming back but i would rather risk losing some players by not rushing into things. I trust him to recruit a good roster come August even if we do lose some key players over the summer.

Wannabe2

Absolutely chuffed to bit’s about our great signings Pete and Euan, these lads are going to give us some very good days ahead. Really great news and well played Devils in recruiting these lads. I remember Peter from his earlier days with Cardiff and well liked him then, but now he is the finished item and we are in very good hands. So thanks guys and so looking forward to Happy Hockey Days.

moggy#9

I'm utterly thrilled with this appointment. He ticks every single box I could ask for. I love the fact that he's just the kind of technocratic guy that I felt we needed, but also need able to innovate with his tactics. I do think that the other member of the coaching team is going to be critical though. I would love to have a Stephen Dixon type that will help challenge players to play better and won't tolerate a lazy shift.

Brilliant news. Welcome Mr Russell.

Last edited: