Panthers v Devils - 17/09 @ 19:00 - League & CC - Chat/Updates

wildthing74

Sounds like both teams will pretty much line up the same with a few injury doubts so I can't see it being a factor as we are as banged up as Nottingham. It would be handy if McGrattan is not in,Not that I have any concerns about Bordeleau matching up with him but his arrival will hype things up and I wouldn't want anything silly happening that might see bans early in the season.I would much prefer they face each other in a few weeks when they are both settled in with no jet lag for either guy and they only go if it needs to rather than for the sake of it to appease fans.
I hate these double league and CC games but fantastic if we win and one less road trip to fit in.

Devil_Abroad

spoke to Culli Sunday, he's hoping to be back in the lineup
Did Lord not say he could have played on the weekend if required but they just saw the opportunity to give him an extra week?

Fournier is a strange one - was injured - played in Manchester? Then in the warm up pulled out on Sunday. I hope it isn't a niggle they can't quite work out.

Hopefully only Fournier will be missing and so we'll have a full team out

Really looking forward to seeing where we're actually at as Nottingham even missing a couple of players seem to have hit the ice running - so to speak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are still looking for texters for this game, our regul;ar contributors are not making the trip so if you can help please get in touch - 07527 625206

OJ

Didn't Lords interview say it was precautionary resting on weekend and he will be back this weekend ? Or did I dream that ?
That's right, he said Culli was just being rested because they could afford to do so given it's early days in the season. Fournier I think might be a little different, he didn't seem as certain that he'd be back in the line-up for the weekend.

I think he's got it right, if players are carrying niggles then it's best to give them the time they need at the start of the season to ease back into it. There's no point rushing players back in just for the sake of it when the rest of the team is fit.

Wannabe2

Come on you Devils, very big game tonight lets do this lads, we certainly have the talent to take maximum points. We need to be at our best that's for sure, but this is the first time we have gone into Nottingham being used to big ice. We have the ammunition let's now use it.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Devil_Abroad

So lots of puck possession - 5 on 3 - we either didn't want to shoot - or shot over - one of our lines then got caught out on the ice for over a minute and so they just skated in easily and scored. Lots of positives but we need to shoot - our D sometimes looks suspect.

Come on Devils - you can do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backrow

Can anyone tell us the forward lines and defence pairings? I don't really want to complain but I think it should be one of the priorities of MNL, early in the game.

Russky

In defence of those hosting MNL of which I am one, there is a lot to focus on when hosting. It mainly depends on the texters, some do like to give that info others dont. just the basics of whose attacking, details of pens goals and major incidents. Sometimes its difficult to get texters for each game covered so as hosts we dont like to 'bite the hand that feeds us ' the texts. We are grateful for the texters we have and who are willing to send the texts, without them there would be no MNL coverage.

Last edited:

Russky

Having looked at the EIHL gamesheet on their website, Devils out shot the Panthers 15-1 in second period which in itself tells a story. Depite this, its still a tight one goal game.the

Last edited:

Russky

Heartbreaking and undeserving to concede an ENG in the last 30 seconds. Devils didnt deserve that given their dominance. Panthers owe a massive debt to Miika Wiikman. Devils out shot the Panthers in 2 of 3 periods but still drew a blank.

Last edited:
that's a poor loss for us tonight with panthers being two imports down.i really think we should have got something tonight but we come up short yet again.we now need to get some consistency as fife visit tomorrow which will be a tough game.

august04

Sounds like a dominating performance but no goals to show for it and a bad result for league and cup campaigns (these dual fixtures are a farce by the way). We won't have a better chance of getting a win in the NIC this season with them being a few men down. Disappointing but looks like Wiikman stole it for them.

ASHIPP

How frustrating not to even get 2 points from this game by pushing it into overtime. V. disappointing - our CC campaign is yet to gain any points.

The SOG differiential between the two teams would suggest our team tried hard but couldn't capitalise with accurate shots. And Wiikman, despite his injury, played a blinder. If he stayed fit, he would undoubtedly be one of the best, if not the best, goalies in this league.

Rob Batch

Very disappointed, although hard to judge the game without seeing it. Fair play to MNL for their coverage, I appreciate all they do to bring us a sense of the game. I really thought we would turn them over tonight, maybe next time?? Sounded like we wasn't smart in front of goal, as in getting wiikman going side to side, more lone wolf attacks etc. Still, Josh got MoM so I'm happy with that!! Onwards and upwards!!

Devil_Abroad

To be fair their D won them the game - which includes their forwards - they kept us on the outside most of the night - most shots were poor - I'd say Bowns pulled off the better saves. We never looked settled in the offensive zone at all and never looked like scoring. We lacked cohesion and inventiveness. We pretty much laboured to a 1 zip defeat ( the eng was awful as all 6 skaters were deep! ) - and their first was scored when our line was shattered having been out there for over a minute.

It was one of those games. Lots of individual skill but I worry that we don't look like a team when we have so much puck possession.

Again, their D play was outstanding though we did help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk