Panthers v Devils - 17/09 @ 19:00 - League & CC - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

First 'combined mega game' of the season, and another important game for both teams in both competitions!

As always, the Panthers don't offer a webcast so there's nothing whatsoever to link to here. I'm not sure if Red Army Travel are still taking bookings, but they had a few seats available last weekend if you wanted to try and catch the game live: https://twitter.com/Red_Army_Travel/status/774912129136746496

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

I am back enjoying the warm weather and shall be hosting this game.

As Chris said we do need a good cross szection of texters so that we do not over burden our long suffering texters who have given brillkiant service for season after season.

If you can help text the MNL line - 07527 625206. I would also suggest you PM me but I cannot find the PM button anymore.

OJ

DevilDom

Big match with two sets of points on offer.

Hopefully we can all just concentrate on the hockey and Devils are able to set down an early marker as in recent years panthers have tended to get better as the season goes on.

Wannabe2

Come on Devils, play like you are capable of playing and we will be just fine. This team if firing on all cylinders will take some stopping, firepower to die for, and a defence that is capable of stopping anyone. Two tough weekend games for sure, but 4 points would be awesome.

Samael

Panthers fans seem to believe there is something amiss with the devils after the hoo-hah with Hendo during the Braehead game, funny thing is it's a game we won!!

Granted Panthers in their barn will be a tougher than Braehead at home but if the team does the basics right and don't try to be flashy I think we'll come away with the points.

3-2(ot) Devils

Looking forward to this one, the big ice/small ice issue is a thing of the past so for the first time the panthers are up against a devils team built for and used to playing on their size ice pad

ASHIPP

Massive game this one and not much between the teams so far. Both have won and lost games since season start. Both looking to kick start CC campaign and add to league tally to keep a little ahead of the others.

Key to this game is netminding. If Bownsey plays a blinder it will be so important. Panthers' fans think Wiikman will be in goal...he has been awesome for them in some games but is carrying an injury at the mo. Devils' forwards need to get him moving and trying to save lots of shots. Hopefully he will get tired and they can capitalise on mistakes he might make.

Devils should only have winning in their heads. Forget the fallout of the Hendo circus. That's ancient history.

kettdevil1

Massive game this one and not much between the teams so far. Both have won and lost games since season start. Both looking to kick start CC campaign and add to league tally to keep a little ahead of the others.

Key to this game is netminding. If Bownsey plays a blinder it will be so important. Panthers' fans think Wiikman will be in goal...he has been awesome for them in some games but is carryingg an injury at the mo. Devils' forwards need to get him moving and trying to save lots of shots. Hopefully he will get tired and they can capitalise on mistakes.

Devils should only have winning in their heads and not the fallout of the Hendo circus. That's ancient history.
Yep, agree. When Wiikman is good he is pretty much the best in the league but when injured he sometimes lets his head drop. We need to get him moving, make sure he feels any injury and put pressure on him from the start. Quick movement of the puck is key.

Russky

It should be a good test for the Devils but I back them to bag the points on saturday, looking forward to following the game on MNL.

Panthers have been looking pretty solid so far. The key to our success so far has been our defence, really limiting the shots Wiikman/Pacl have to face and with most of our D being solid puck movers and offensive defencemen it allows for a strong counter-attack. We have been pretty poor in keeping the front of our net clear, anyone screening our goalie is likely to remain there until play is stopped for whatever reason, same with the backdoor, seems to be left open with lots of space for several of the goals we've conceded so far.

Offensively, we aren't bad, all but i think 3 have scored at least a point since Pre-Season began. Carter, Brown, Moran and Clarke have been the key forwards so far. Lawrence is slowly breaking into his stride and Nikiforuk is too, both have been playing very well but not had much proof of it stats wise. Our firepower compared to that of the Devils is quite small on paper, but we seem to be getting a lot on net and a lot of good chances, just hit the post or face strong goalies to keep us out.

It'll undoubtedly be another game won at the back. If either defence or goalie has a lapse in concentration then they will pay for it. I've heard a lot about Layne Ulmer and i'd assume he's the key player to keep away from the puck and open spaces.

Panthers will be without Schultz (Knee injury) and McGrattan (Awaiting Visa Confirmation) for sure. Lee is 50/50 at this time. Potentially 3 players down. Just thought i'd add as a precaution/early excuse ;) Can't wait for the game though, very excited to see the likes of Ulmer, Asselin, the Hotham's, Bentivoglio, Bordeleau & Louis.

Samael

lol! Anyway......
I think the saying "forwards win games, defence wins leagues" will be spot on this year. It's been proven time and again that strong teams on paper still make mistakes and I think tactics and the ability to adapt will be very important this year. Time for Lordo to show his mettle and shut all the "he's a choker" camp up.

Devil_Abroad

Panthers have been looking pretty solid so far. The key to our success so far has been our defence, really limiting the shots Wiikman/Pacl have to face and with most of our D being solid puck movers and offensive defencemen it allows for a strong counter-attack. We have been pretty poor in keeping the front of our net clear, anyone screening our goalie is likely to remain there until play is stopped for whatever reason, same with the backdoor, seems to be left open with lots of space for several of the goals we've conceded so far.

Offensively, we aren't bad, all but i think 3 have scored at least a point since Pre-Season began. Carter, Brown, Moran and Clarke have been the key forwards so far. Lawrence is slowly breaking into his stride and Nikiforuk is too, both have been playing very well but not had much proof of it stats wise. Our firepower compared to that of the Devils is quite small on paper, but we seem to be getting a lot on net and a lot of good chances, just hit the post or face strong goalies to keep us out.

It'll undoubtedly be another game won at the back. If either defence or goalie has a lapse in concentration then they will pay for it. I've heard a lot about Layne Ulmer and i'd assume he's the key player to keep away from the puck and open spaces.

Panthers will be without Schultz (Knee injury) and McGrattan (Awaiting Visa Confirmation) for sure. Lee is 50/50 at this time. Potentially 3 players down. Just thought i'd add as a precaution/early excuse ;) Can't wait for the game though, very excited to see the likes of Ulmer, Asselin, the Hotham's, Bentivoglio, Bordeleau & Louis.
From what I've seen so far Ulmer and Bentivoglio have clicked occasionally - with Haddad on that line they'll be buzzing about low whilst also have net presence.

I'm really excited by Asselin - the guy is now approaching match fitness and is just a threat everywhere - pace - passing ability - and puts the puck away. We've definitely found another Martin - quiet, skilful, a pleasure to watch.

I haven't seen Bordeleau play yet so excited to see him on Saturday getting more ice time to get match fit - should be some crunching checks.

We've chopped and change the forwards all through pre-season - I believe Lord wanted to see everything he could before the season start which will be useful in the longterm but it does mean the chemistry for some lines is still bedding in.

I'm so glad we have four lines that have everything now but especially speed which means we should be able to compete with you on your big ice far better this season.

Injuries on D early on have meant they been hampered a bit in re-season. However, they are showing great mobility and offensive ability so all in all I think 7,000 fans are in for an extremely fast, physical and exciting game at the NIC on Saturday.

No doubt Lord will have been watching all the videos from your games last weekend to find a way to beat you.

EIHL this season is amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gonna be a tough game for the boys, even if the panthers may be without some players they are still a threat. If we do the basics right and the D stay solid then we are more than in for a shout of a win, looking forward to it!