Panthers v Devils - 08/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

Yea you are right they dont put them on the net for some strange reason, you can buy them at there shop in person, i actually had one bought for me last night of the last time we played there winning 3-2. Its a case of trying to get someone to get one for you, sorry i cant help further.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #126
I live in Nottingham :)

Give me a pm and i'll try and get hold of one for you, I don't know if i'll be at the NIC next weekend, but if I am i'll pick one up.

I'm still trying to sort a lift down for the CC game, but if I do manage to get hold of one I could hand it over there.

Chris.

ASHIPP

Some on Panthers and Steelers forums believe that Panthers deserved the win. They also think the Devils didn't pick up on K-Wall's unmarked space inside left hand side of pipes, Weller's weak puck handling (? :lol: ) and Levers faking it twice with a dive.
Providing the Devils get all those things right, they will beat the Panthers much more convincingly. ;)

The DVD guy in Nottingham is Barry, the club dont do it themselves, he has a small stall at the NIC but he told me on Sat that hes coming down on the 19th for the CC game so maybe get his number from Panthers HQ (or PM me) and send him a text and ask him to bring a copy for you down to the bay. They are £8.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #130
Weller's weak puck handling (? :lol: )
Unfortunately they have a point there :S

His positioning was sound, but puck handling was absolutely awful, easily the worst game he's played for us since coming in, but then he went and scored the game winning goal.

Still, mostly everyone in the block seemed to be saying Weller wasn't our man of the match, but we came out with the win and that's what really matters.

Chris.

wildthing74

Chris said:
Weller's weak puck handling (? :lol: )
Unfortunately they have a point there :S

His positioning was sound, but puck handling was absolutely awful, easily the worst game he's played for us since coming in, but then he went and scored the game winning goal.

Still, mostly everyone in the block seemed to be saying Weller wasn't our man of the match, but we came out with the win and that's what really matters.

Chris.
That I would say is his only one weak area but his reach is so great he then gets himself out of trouble.

E.D.S.

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life but I've just watched this weeks highlights show and not having travelled to Nottingham I wasn't able to comment on any of the play but now I have.....when I read that Clarke broke his stick I assumed we had a one on one breakaway I didn't realise we need to do a bit of work for the goal but what I really wanted to point out was the incredible pass to set up Weller's game winning goal. Tylor did the work down the boards, then I think Macrae or Matzka fed Tylor again - ordinarily he would have taken the one timer but he showed the deftest of touches to feed a wide open Weller, it was almost as if he put it through his own legs.....what a play and what a player!
Also, watching the Steelers game as well.....was the check that the Steelers are so in uproar about the one where Voth missed and took out one of our players? I think it was Tylor. If it was, surely you see bigger checks than that week in week out. They love a good moan up north! I also noticed that Tylor got straight back up, obviously if he had connected with one of the Steelers they probably would have got a concussion and he would have got a 9 game ban but it shows the difference in the make up of the players.

Finally, anybody else see the massive crosscheck on Macrae at the start of the build up to Pelle's goal that made it 1-4? Clearly the ref didn't see it, I don't know how as it was right in front of him as well. It makes you realise that the players have no idea where they stand with refs when they can some days get away with things like that and other days not - but it was as blatant as they come. You've got to feel for the players.

It was Hill who Vother checked and Tylor's pass was between his legs!

I thought the fourth goal was on a delayed pp from the crosscheck? I maybe mistaken though!

E.D.S.

bluedevil said:
It was Hill who Vother checked and Tylor's pass was between his legs!

I thought the fourth goal was on a delayed pp from the crosscheck? I maybe mistaken though!
If it's the hit that they showed on TV then it was definitely Tylor who got nailed as I've just watched it again. Hill was in the same area but Tylor got up after a hit from Simon only to get nailed by Voth.
I've also just watched that Pelle goal and the ref denitely didn't have his arm up for a delayed call for what was a blatant cross check - no wonder the players get so wound up!

You'd think I'd have something better to do on a Friday night than to keep watching the highlights on Sky Plus! Sad-o!

It was defo Tylor that Brad hit, just watched it again. Pity they didn,t show the slash to Hill from Ryan in the Panthers game. Now that was bad, unlike the check.