Nottingham today

Diafol

Panthers looked a much better side than yesterday in fairness.
Much more puck possession but we finished the game stronger again just like last night.

I don't know if this has been debated/covered/explained before, but what the hell has happened to the Devils social media presence? I've had to look at the panthers social media accounts both nights as the Devils account was dormant. They didn't even tweet when we scored and didn't say who had scored with the end of period score updates. The twitter behaviour is also coupled with the most basic of game reports on the website. It seems like they are either actively trying to put the least amount of info on the net to make people attend games/buy the webcast (which is perfectly fine but one hell of a change of approach) OR whoever did the social media before has left and perhaps not been replaced?!

T10P

I don't know if this has been debated/covered/explained before, but what the hell has happened to the Devils social media presence? I've had to look at the panthers social media accounts both nights as the Devils account was dormant. They didn't even tweet when we scored and didn't say who had scored with the end of period score updates. The twitter behaviour is also coupled with the most basic of game reports on the website. It seems like they are either actively trying to put the least amount of info on the net to make people attend games/buy the webcast (which is perfectly fine but one hell of a change of approach) OR whoever did the social media before has left and perhaps not been replaced?!
Fie has left and they’re looking for a replacement.

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

The Devils Social Media manager left & the existing staff are juggling a million things.

august04 2.0

The Devils social media output has been dreadful since Fie left, and that was a while ago, lets not forget that - and noticeably absent of anything worthy since then. Interviews in short supply too when we have virtually a whole new team to get to know. I didn’t see/hear any post game interviews from the weekend either - well apart from two given by Tim Wallace, coach of the Panthers. I wonder what our coach thought of those games, mind you I don't think he was even announced at his first home game on the weekend. Some welcome that. I remember Kelman saying that the club would never take fans for granted ever again, when interviewed in the Covid shutdown. Still pre-season I know, but I think we have a lot of work to do with room for lots of improvement in my opinion.

voth26

2nd option mate, Fie finished and Steve said Todd is trying to recruit a media manager

Wannabe2

We are still juggling with trying, and is still trying to get out of a pandemic like the world has never known for hundreds of years, we have had to close down for 18 months and staff have had to move on. Starting back up ain’t like flicking a switch, it’s a long process for heavens sake give the guys a break. We will get there as the determination is to get there but it takes time.

kettdevil1

I made a late decision to go today and very pleased I did. Hugely entertaining game with plenty of positives for both teams. I think we are beginning to see what a Coach Skalde side is going to be like and I am really enjoying the fluid, quick and intricate play this team are showing.

Positionally Mac Carruth is one of the best NM I have ever seen, his hockey IQ is off the scale and he gives such confidence when in nets whilst Cox and Sandford really are a joy.

Moment of the game was Reid's opener, a textbook example of how to score on a 1-on-1, hopefully highlights are up soon as it was a thing of great beauty. Apart from that, Waller was a worthy MOM and looks a great pick up and I think it's also important to point out that Ritchie is still the best GB defenceman in the league ;-)

Cracking entertainment with Panthers fans surely feeling better than last night - their cycling of the puck was good, Carr in nets was solid and they have a few players who have a bit of an edge.

Roll on the season - can't wait

2nd option mate, Fie finished and Steve said Todd is trying to recruit a media manager
Thanks for the replies all. As I'm hoping my post shows, I'm not 'having a go' just pointing out that I personally was shocked of how different the Game Night coverage was on the social media channels. It absolutely makes sense if there has been a loss in terms of key staff in that area. I know huge numbers of successful hospitality businesses have had and are having big issues in terms of staff as a result of the pandemic.

Rhyan48

Thread starter #57
All around two brilliant efforts this weekend this new team look sharp and very quick , was there tonight and last nite and this team is exiting still very early days but I think this is a new era of a very good era , Reid showed what he is about tonight had a very good nite ! Cox and Sanford they are just different class , McNally well what a player he is quality all around always exiting when he hits the ice definitely my new favourite, Waller what a pick up he is and Davies been Davies works so hard and plays with his heart , our d looks solid and two outstanding net minders
This is going to be a very exiting year the wait is going to be well worth it for sure LETS GO

BostonBart22

The Devils social media output has been dreadful since Fie left, and that was a while ago, lets not forget that - and noticeably absent of anything worthy since then. Interviews in short supply too when we have virtually a whole new team to get to know. I didn’t see/hear any post game interviews from the weekend either - well apart from two given by Tim Wallace, coach of the Panthers. I wonder what our coach thought of those games, mind you I don't think he was even announced at his first home game on the weekend. Some welcome that. I remember Kelman saying that the club would never take fans for granted ever again, when interviewed in the Covid shutdown. Still pre-season I know, but I think we have a lot of work to do with room for lots of improvement in my opinion.
I was shocked our new coach was not introduced to the fans before the game, would have been a standing ovation as well, years ago ex players wouldve been given a mention on returning, I was astounded Matt didnt have a welcome he deserves, especially his testimonial year obviously he was given the boot but gave so much to the club, and thats nothing to do with social media, its just a show of respect to ex players, and i bet you a bottom dollar if joey martin or Haddad return with a team at some point they will get a mention guaranteed..