Nottingham today

kettdevil1

The PR side and off ice management has been dreadful since the owners took over, that’s not a criticism, it’s an observation. I never has been great prior either......slight understatement. The day Steve & a Kelman arrived, hired the auditorium, great, looks like we’ve got some real engagement, it’s continued with Steve on here, full credit to that, standouts a mile. Some of the greatest sports owners had/have similar fan interaction.
Then Mega Monday, shirt issues, ticket issues, WiFi issues, crap sound system, l could go on, it’s becoming a growing list of teething issues, only the baby is now no longer, it’s outta diapers, it’s finished pre school. The teeth have grown.....
Obviously Fie was a victim of Covid, l hope, maybe a similarly capable replacement will be forthcoming once normality returns. Is Kelman out of his depth, financial restricted, overstretched, all of the above, no idea, again I’m not criticising, it’s just an observation.
Having said that it’s blatantly obvious that simple things, that carry impact aren’t being understood. An example is a poor acknowledgment of Skalde, the new team, Steve has demonstrated a unique grasp by his engagement here.
You could add the lack of face mask enforcement or announcements as another simple blatantly obvious attention to detail being massively missed. Many fans voicing disappointment in the clubs lack of attention at a time when no end to the current Pandemic has been announced, cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising and potential locking down of venues a real possibility. Not to mention the p8ssing off of long standing fans who’ve paid considerable amounts of money and are not willing to return, the club not acknowledging this fact, they simple aren’t confident enough to risk their health & potentially their life. Unlike the “gifted” corporate freebies people you find around the rink, gifted tickets in the hope they get drunk enough in the bar. No matter what a persons opinion is, Welsh Law dictates face masks are still legally required in indoor venues such as ice rinks, only in the bar and restaurants are mask allowed to be removed. In much the same way a person cannot assault a fan, they’d be removed, police called etc, yet not wearing a mask has the potential to cause more harm to a person than a punch in the face, you’ve basically got large groups of people assaulting others with not even an announcement to say stop, slight exaggeration, no it’s that important, 18 months of tight restrictions wasn’t for a slight flu, it’s killed, millions. So no a simple announcement and some enforcement l don’t believe is over the top...........

Rant over.......
Different folks and all that but seriously..... I have no idea where to start with this one other than to ask which teams do the PR/Off ice management side better in the EIHL? I assume you don't think the answer is Fife..... or Belfast or.... seriously who do you think does it better? On the social media side of things I will grant you the fact that Fie did a great job and has been missed but everything else in this rant I can only imagine is done for a reaction.

Experiences such as that described by Gethin (and witnessed by myself) on another thread involving interaction with the owners show that the lines of communication are always open with those running the club and as far as facemasks are concerned, yes, it is important to continually remind people but seriously if people still don't know that they are supposed to wear a mask after 18 months of the pandemic then blaming Todd Kelman for any lockdowns is.... a tad harsh.

Odd all round

Mazzoak

Different folks and all that but seriously..... I have no idea where to start with this one other than to ask which teams do the PR/Off ice management side better in the EIHL? I assume you don't think the answer is Fife..... or Belfast or.... seriously who do you think does it better? On the social media side of things I will grant you the fact that Fie did a great job and has been missed but everything else in this rant I can only imagine is done for a reaction.

Experiences such as that described by Gethin (and witnessed by myself) on another thread involving interaction with the owners show that the lines of communication are always open with those running the club and as far as facemasks are concerned, yes, it is important to continually remind people but seriously if people still don't know that they are supposed to wear a mask after 18 months of the pandemic then blaming Todd Kelman for any lockdowns is.... a tad harsh.

Odd all round
I don’t regularly visit those arenas or support those clubs, so I don’t really understand why you’d try to compare as it’s irrelevant.
Welsh Government Level 0 requires all people not excluded to wear masks, it’s a legal requirement. It’s also a legal requirement for those running venues to enforce mask wearing, so yes when not even announcements are being made its the fault of management. If officials get wind or spot check, they’ll get shut down, whilst the capacity of the arena is within guidelines, social distancing is still required, add this to the growing Scientific Evidence of the effects of Covid, especially recently in relation to the under 16 yr old, basic adherence to the law over beer sales is the very least you’d expect from a responsible manager of a venue..........No.

I don’t regularly visit those arenas or support those clubs, so I don’t really understand why you’d try to compare as it’s irrelevant.
Welsh Government Level 0 requires all people not excluded to wear masks, it’s a legal requirement. It’s also a legal requirement for those running venues to enforce mask wearing, so yes when not even announcements are being made its the fault of management. If officials get wind or spot check, they’ll get shut down, whilst the capacity of the arena is within guidelines, social distancing is still required, add this to the growing Scientific Evidence of the effects of Covid, especially recently in relation to the under 16 yr old, basic adherence to the law over beer sales is the very least you’d expect from a responsible manager of a venue..........No.
There is no such legal requirement. They do have a role, however, in explaining what the legal requirements are and encouraging visitors to comply with the regulations and wear face coverings. For anyone interested, this is set out in the following document.

https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-measures-be-taken-employers-and-managers-premises

Mazzoak

There is no such legal requirement. They do have a role, however, in explaining what the legal requirements are and encouraging visitors to comply with the regulations and wear face coverings. For anyone interested, this is set out in the following document.

https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-measures-be-taken-employers-and-managers-premises
The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) Regulations 2020 part 4 Taking preventative measures in regulated premises Section g states

g) providing or requiring use of personal protective equipment.

Face Coverings fall into the definition of PPE within the regulations.

What is the legal requirement on businesses, workplaces, public places and event organisers?
What is the legal basis for requirements?
Regulation 16 of the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) Regulations 2020 imposes obligations on people responsible for premises that are open to the public or where work takes place:
  • to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus on the premises, and
  • to minimise the risk of spread of coronavirus by those who have been on the premises.
This is to be achieved by taking the following steps, which are based on the “hierarchy of controls” principles (referred to above):
  • step 1: undertake a specific assessment of the risk of exposure to coronavirus at their premises (and to consult persons working on the premises or representatives of those persons in doing so)
  • step 2: provide information to those entering or working at the premises about how to minimise the risk of exposure to coronavirus. This includes, in particular, information to all those working on the premises about their risk of exposure to coronavirus identified in the risk assessment and the measures to be taken to minimise this risk
  • step 3: ensure that reasonable measures are taken to minimise risk of exposure to the virus on the premises
Each of the 3 steps is required to be taken.

There is a legal requirement under the Act to encourage and enforce those refusing to wear a mask, that can be done by a simple call to the police and have those refusing to wear a mask removed from the premises, in fact the Stewards can remove people or refuse entry at the next home game for instance.

Last edited:

terry hunt

The PR side and off ice management has been dreadful since the owners took over, that’s not a criticism, it’s an observation. I never has been great prior either......slight understatement. The day Steve & a Kelman arrived, hired the auditorium, great, looks like we’ve got some real engagement, it’s continued with Steve on here, full credit to that, standouts a mile. Some of the greatest sports owners had/have similar fan interaction.
Then Mega Monday, shirt issues, ticket issues, WiFi issues, crap sound system, l could go on, it’s becoming a growing list of teething issues, only the baby is now no longer, it’s outta diapers, it’s finished pre school. The teeth have grown.....
Obviously Fie was a victim of Covid, l hope, maybe a similarly capable replacement will be forthcoming once normality returns. Is Kelman out of his depth, financial restricted, overstretched, all of the above, no idea, again I’m not criticising, it’s just an observation.
Having said that it’s blatantly obvious that simple things, that carry impact aren’t being understood. An example is a poor acknowledgment of Skalde, the new team, Steve has demonstrated a unique grasp by his engagement here.
You could add the lack of face mask enforcement or announcements as another simple blatantly obvious attention to detail being massively missed. Many fans voicing disappointment in the clubs lack of attention at a time when no end to the current Pandemic has been announced, cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising and potential locking down of venues a real possibility. Not to mention the p8ssing off of long standing fans who’ve paid considerable amounts of money and are not willing to return, the club not acknowledging this fact, they simple aren’t confident enough to risk their health & potentially their life. Unlike the “gifted” corporate freebies people you find around the rink, gifted tickets in the hope they get drunk enough in the bar. No matter what a persons opinion is, Welsh Law dictates face masks are still legally required in indoor venues such as ice rinks, only in the bar and restaurants are mask allowed to be removed. In much the same way a person cannot assault a fan, they’d be removed, police called etc, yet not wearing a mask has the potential to cause more harm to a person than a punch in the face, you’ve basically got large groups of people assaulting others with not even an announcement to say stop, slight exaggeration, no it’s that important, 18 months of tight restrictions wasn’t for a slight flu, it’s killed, millions. So no a simple announcement and some enforcement l don’t believe is over the top...........

Rant over.......
Back on your meds now mate

Slartibartfast

Now that there is a thread specifically about masks (the one called plea) can we all (including me) make a pact just to talk about the game in game threads. Manchester is next. Lets keep that one on topic. Come one, we can do it if we really try :)

Mazzoak

Now that there is a thread specifically about masks (the one called plea) can we all (including me) make a pact just to talk about the game in game threads. Manchester is next. Lets keep that one on topic. Come one, we can do it if we really try :)
l agree, I’m moving these responses to that page.